Is it terrible that when I reached this point I thought the story was going to go a different direction.  I thought the story was going to turn into you getting in trouble.

I did too. I thought I was going to have to go protest in FL because of some fucking racist cops. I'm actually relieved.

Slow day in here, so I'll throw this out there.

Been having a bit of a work dilemma and could use some advice. 

I've always lived by the mentality of never get a coworker in trouble, no matter what.  I will still offer blunt answers if management is asking me questions about coworkers.  I will always try to tame it down and make sure I also bring up a positive if I mention something negative.  Basically I never want to affect another persons means of making a living.

However, a year ago or the place I work got a new machine to run a new product.  Long story short when the machine came in they told me they wanted to tank it the first year to prevent them from setting standards to high and to make sure that they don't have to work to hard.  I told them I wouldn't go along and over the year I have pushed standards to a reasonable yet moderately high standard.

Recently the first shift guys, who are super lazy got written up for production issues.  The honestly are lazy, but above and beyond that they are way over their heads.  They also have the mentality of I've been here 30 years I deserve a high paying job that I don't have to work at.  Basically they blame me for everything.  They flat out told me they're going to be sabatoging the machine to try and knock down my standards.  I told them feel free to I'll still just show up and do my job. 

They've been trying to make my life hell at work for a month or so and I still work circles around them.  For the most part I laugh it off, I honestly am just great at my job.  I'm relatively smart and a hard worker so I can deal with whatever they throw at me.

My issue is do I bring this up to Management?  I've got a yearly review coming up that would be an ideal situation to bring this up.  To be fair most co-workers their are half-assers so these 3 guys aren't alone in their mentality. 

I could go into way more detail about this, but trying to keep it short.

The other issue and the main reason why I am debating bringing this up to management is that we've had a huge management swing.  The third generation of owners have taken over the company.  New management structure in my area.  All of this coincides with our business needing to make massive changes.  Our area makes between 80 and 140 million a year but due to incoming regualation changes it's highly likely that we lose at least 60 million in revenue.  New managment has been trying like mad to bring up new work, but this is where the problem comes in.  If we have workers who are trying to tank it because they don't like change that makes it tougher to envision new work being profitable.

So advice...should I be a dick and try and get coworkers in trouble?

Didn't proofread so apologies if it's unreadable.  Hurrying up because off to work any minute.

edit;  and I know I'm a bit of a punk rocker and should have a "fuck the man" mentality when it comes to work, but if I'm being paid I'm going to work moderately hard.

So advice...should I be a dick and try and get coworkers in trouble?

Be a dick. I am not one for confrontation or someone who likes to see others get in trouble, but...

these guys are mad at you because you are better than them at their job and raising standards. I'm pretty fucking lazy and hardly a perfectionist, but if you are going to do a job for 30 fucking years, be good at it. If after 10 years of teaching I am not fucking phenomenal, I will do something else. There is no excuse for not being a master at what you have been doing for 30 years and setting the high standards yourself. The only thing I would question is whether or not their word is going to overpower yours when you bring it up to management. Also if they will try to kill you when they get fired. That sorta thing.

In a nutshell: Fuck. Those. Guys. (they deserve it)

Also if they will try to kill you when they get fired. That sorta thing.

In a nutshell: Fuck. Those. Guys. (they deserve it)

I've already had co-workers threaten to take me out to the parking lot and beat me and another co-worker tells new associates that "Tim (me) is the worst person he's ever worked with and that includes the temp who worked here that was convicted of murdering a mentally challanged woman".  So death threats would just be a fun add to my list of cool shit coworkers say aobut me.

I've already had co-workers threaten to take me out to the parking lot and beat me and another co-worker tells new associates that "Tim (me) is the worst person he's ever worked with and that includes the temp who worked here that was convicted of murdering a mentally challanged woman".  So death threats would just be a fun add to my list of cool shit coworkers say aobut me.

Hahaha. you sound like an office fave!

Haha, you should! 

the first snow that stuck here came while I was in VT. It melted and then refroze. Now my driveway is just ice. I haven't received mail in 2 days because I think the postman is afraid to walk up my drive to drop a package. :(

Date/Time Event Name Location 25 Feb 2015 14:41 Delivery attempted, Refer to USPS notice Milford, CT 25 Feb 2015 07:38 Package out for post office delivery Milford, CT 25 Feb 2015 07:28 Package Sorted by local post office Milford, CT 25 Feb 2015 05:14 Received by the local post office Milford, CT 23 Feb 2015 14:08 Shipment Info Received by Post Office Springfield, MA

I didn't receive any USPS notice lol...what a tool.

People with "fuck the man" attitudes about work generally have jobs they don't mind losing, not careers. 

The yearly review is a good time to broach the subject, but try to keep it positive. Focus less on the laziness of others and more on how your performance far exceeds that of other coworkers. It'll be implicit but if you can avoid explicitly putting down your peers I would. Positive people are more likely to move upward. 

If you have a safety issue, threats and the sort of thing, I'd handle that separately from my review, even if the same management team will look into the issue. You can touch on deliberative attempts to sabotage your performance if it did indeed play a factor in the review, as that would be relevant, but if it isn't directly performance related I'd save it for another conversation. My opinion. Also didn't proof-read.  

Frank got into his bag of food last night and ate until he bloated himself. He could barely run. He had to sleep on his side with his legs up in the air. Anyway I could not get him to poop and I was worried about him. (Everytime anything goes wrong I think Frank will die) I went to sleep and dreamt of Frank pooping all night and jimmy yelling about it. What a great nights sleep.

Frank got into his bag of food last night and ate until he bloated himself. He could barely run. He had to sleep on his side with his legs up in the air. Anyway I could not get him to poop and I was worried about him. (Everytime anything goes wrong I think Frank will die) I went to sleep and dreamt of Frank pooping all night and jimmy yelling about it. What a great nights sleep.

Ginger did this with a whole box of treats! I was also pretty worried but she pulled through. It was sad to see her all fat and unable to move :(

I know, I could've rolled him out the door this morning. He was obtuse! He's apparently fine but it was awkward having to call dog daycare and tell them he'll be pooping all day.

Pic disc territory. The only pic disc I have that I really like is the Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar 3xLP packaging on that is way better that your typically pic disc, and I have a non-pic variant as well.  Only other pic disc I prob wouldn't sell is The Contortionist - Exoplanet, but only cause I love that album and it was the only variant pressed.

Pic disc territory. The only pic disc I have that I really like is the Sunn O))) & Boris - Altar 3xLP packaging on that is way better that your typically pic disc, and I have a non-pic variant as well. Only other pic disc I prob wouldn't sell is The Contortionist - Exoplanet, but only cause I love that album and it was the only variant pressed.

What? Someone translate for me. I can't hear them over the surface noise.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic