I've never framed a record but I have an autographed Manchester Orchestra sleeve and a Coheed IKSSE3 sleeve with my Neverender ticket, VIP pass and wristband framed. VERY special nights.

I accept these exceptions.

Didn't you go to one of those MO Hope shows? Those looked like a very good time.

I've never framed a record but I have an autographed Manchester Orchestra sleeve and a Coheed IKSSE3 sleeve with my Neverender ticket, VIP pass and wristband framed. VERY special nights.

I can get behind that. I don't do it but I understand that. I do that with screen prints that I got at the show by putting the ticket in the frame.

I guess not. Well their FAQ does say that they encode at 256 which is just a little above the highest of the VBR from Amazon so I guess I won't be a jerk and I'll share it in the other thread. :) I will wait in case any of you see it late. PM or post here because I will probably see it. This was cheap so Im guessing most who want it already have it anyways.

I guess not. Well their FAQ does say that they encode at 256 which is just a little above the highest of the VBR from Amazon so I guess I won't be a jerk and I'll share it in the other thread. :) I will wait in case any of you see it late. PM or post here because I will probably see it. This was cheap so Im guessing most who want it already have it anyways.

I wish all format types were offered with the download. Ironically most smaller bands that have their download hosted via bandcamp offer that but not the major releases. I find that so strange.

I wish all format types were offered with the download. Ironically most smaller bands that have their download hosted via bandcamp offer that but not the major releases. I find that so strange.

It says in the FAQ that they sell FLAC but Im going to assume the download code is for Mp3. I was surprised when someone posted a code for Ingrid Michaelson that it was WAV.

I think my Roku is dying. It will not play the youtube app sometimes, and now plex does not work right. If I do get it to work, and leave the app, I have to restart the Roku every time to get it to work again. It is odd, since the youtube app freezes on ads, and once I restart it, the ads audio plays 3-4 times in the row on the home screen before I can make anything work again.

I think my Roku is dying. It will not play the youtube app sometimes, and now plex does not work right. If I do get it to work, and leave the app, I have to restart the Roku every time to get it to work again. It is odd, since the youtube app freezes on ads, and once I restart it, the ads audio plays 3-4 times in the row on the home screen before I can make anything work again.

Not entirely sure what your needs are, but you might be able to replace it with a Firestick (or something similar).  They're a little less expensive and can probably do most of what you need (I know there's a Plex app).

Not entirely sure what your needs are, but you might be able to replace it with a Firestick (or something similar).  They're a little less expensive and can probably do most of what you need (I know there's a Plex app).

I actually bought one off someone on the board for cheap, and just set it up. I had to actually pay for the plex app this time, no rarflix, but it's working. It was supposed to go to my parents, so they can have the busted Roku 3 since all they need is netflix. I need to build a HTPC when I stop being so poor/stingy with my money.

I actually bought one off someone on the board for cheap, and just set it up. I had to actually pay for the plex app this time, no rarflix, but it's working. It was supposed to go to my parents, so they can have the busted Roku 3 since all they need is netflix. I need to build a HTPC when I stop being so poor/stingy with my money.

I built one with this about six years ago and it still works like a champ.  I had to replace the cpu fan after about 4 years, but that's not a big deal.  Plays 1080p with absolutely no issue.  I think it was 200$ new and I'm sure you can get something much better for a similar price point.   Picked up a cheap remote, but now I just use the xbmc app on my tablet/phone.

Yeah, I'd go with something like that and toss Kodi on it (though I have not used XBMC since it was still Xbox Media Center on the original xbox). I can toss Kodi on the streaming stick too, but it does not support some of my stuff natively, so Plex is at least good for transcoding to what I need. I might still do it to mess with it a bit.

Yeah, I'd go with something like that and toss Kodi on it (though I have not used XBMC since it was still Xbox Media Center on the original xbox). I can toss Kodi on the streaming stick too, but it does not support some of my stuff natively, so Plex is at least good for transcoding to what I need. I might still do it to mess with it a bit.

I'm still running XBMC.  I'm pretty sure it's the last version before it officially became Kodi.  The machine itself is running Ubutunu server and I do all my administration over SSH.  The initial install took a bit of time, but now it kind of takes care of itself (sickbeard and couchpotato will let it know when new shows/movies are downloaded).  I'm very happy with it.

Pi's are cool, but I'm too lazy for the set-up and such. I still use Netflix a lot too, and I'm not sure it works/is hard has hell to set-up on it. I'd rather just go with a full HTPC.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic