Pi's are cool, but I'm too lazy for the set-up and such. I still use Netflix a lot too, and I'm not sure it works/is hard has hell to set-up on it. I'd rather just go with a full HTPC.

I find the setup fun :) But I can understand not wanting to do it.  It does look like there is a Netflix plugin for Kodi, so it might be pretty easy to run everything through Kodi.

Had some pretty heavy hail in Houston many years ago when I lived there.

So something I ordered through Amazon weighs a pound and they charged about $6 for shipping and shipped Friday but it says to expect it next Monday. WTF? Did they send it by donkey? It might get here before that, but if that is the actual arrival time I will leave one of those stupid reviews about the shipping and very little about the product. Glad it's nothing I needed right away.

Had some pretty heavy hail in Houston many years ago when I lived there.

So something I ordered through Amazon weighs a pound and they charged about $6 for shipping and shipped Friday but it says to expect it next Monday. WTF? Did they send it by donkey? It might get here before that, but if that is the actual arrival time I will leave one of those stupid reviews about the shipping and very little about the product. Glad it's nothing I needed right away.

Get Amazon prime, dawg.

He says while using his girlfriend's prime account that he didn't pay a dime towards.

I had my own waaaaay back when they first started it because you got it for free if you used a .edu email account. I would literally order stuff and wait two days instead of making a 10 minute trip to the mall.

It's seriously dope.

Whenever I need/want something, Amazon is the first place I check now.  I'm a bit conflicted now because of the tech boom they're creating in Seattle, which is making living here more expensive.

When Amazon sends you stuff via donkey, you get to keep the donkey. It's a pretty sweet deal when you think about it.

Great work animals, tough meat though.

Also, I think I'm going to start calling more people donkeys as an insult.

You heard it here first, "donkeys" making a comeback.

I have been using someone else's, especially for watching shows. I'm now on a 30 day trial but this isn't from Amazon, only through them by another seller I guess you would call it market place. More than a week is what I would expect from free shipping usually. It could be one of those cases where it shows up half the time. Yeah it was nice getting a packages yesterday and today, one of them was even supposed to be here tomorrow.

Oh yeah I heard a commercial on The End hiring for Amazon.

They're building some new buildings in town to make room for thousands of new employees. It's going to be an interesting few years.

I've listened to the new Self Defense Family single far too many times today.

THAT SWELL OF JOY LASTS UNTIL YOU CATCH A GLANCE OF THIS SAD FUCKED WORLD AT ITS BEST

I'm excited to hear it. Feels like its been a long time since I've had new SDF.

I'm excited to hear it. Feels like its been a long time since I've had new SDF.

I love that a few months feels like an eternity when it comes to new SDF. Brand New takes like 7 years or whatever to put out a new song, SDF puts out like 10 releases a year.

Seriously the best band. Ive known about them for over a decade and it still blows my mind that they started out here.

So I'm not a fan of Brand New at all, but this dude played the asshole card for RSD by buying two copies of Deja. Not only did he buy two but in the comments he goes on to explain that he is going to frame one of them and keep it as a backup in case something happens to the other copy. Seriously. What the fuck. I don't even like this band and this makes my blood boil. I would rather he be flipping the second (still am asshole move) cause at least it would give another fan a shot at having it. I call this dude out and his comeback is that I variant collect Caspian. Dude, it's a variant collection - they are all different. You're buying multiple copies of one limited and sought after pressing. I'm buying one copy of different variants of albums that are easy to get ahold of. An asshole that buys break RSD Rule #1 would have that weak comeback.

Anyways. Sorry for anyone who didn't get it. I know missing out on something you've been looking forward to sucks. Hopefully you'll get a repress. As long as you can spin it that's what matters.

T2aGIMk.png

lAJrjCa.png

Go yell at him if you want. Haha.

My Instagram name is brandnew so I'm going to go have some fun with this. Maybe I can convince him to buy my username or something.

Also, for anyone who has Amazon and wants to give Prime to their friends and / or family, you can do so for free.

You add their name to your account (email) , they get an email to confirm, then they have free Prime with their own log in credentials.

I added my Dad and my girlfriend to my Prime account. So it's essentially 3 (up to 5) accounts for $99. Way fucking cheap.

Well, just learned Kyle Kinane's special "I Liked His Old Stuff Better" was released on vinyl for RSD yesterday, fuck fuck fuck. The hunt for this below $50 begins. If you can help, let me know.

Bullmoose is putting up their leftovers at noon eastern tomorrow.  Check there.

Hey Jon,

I got my records set back up and put away, as well as my TV and ps4 (Melissa is loving it - went from 32" to 55") in 90 minutes (as well as my various other none record possessions). Quickest move ever. We celebrated with a 4 Horsemen from Sizzle.

Glad it went smoothly!  I ended up getting pizza, but it pales in comparison to Sizzle.  Is she playing the shit out of that LotR game right now?

I love that a few months feels like an eternity when it comes to new SDF. Brand New takes like 7 years or whatever to put out a new song, SDF puts out like 10 releases a year.

I would purchase a new SDF record every week if I could.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic