A short funny story - 

My fav local shop has two display windows promoting certain releases, maybe 4 ft by 10 ft on each side.  The current displays are geared toward the new Mtn Goats release.  

They played, on a loop, nothing but old wrestling matches from the 80's.  I immediately thought of quite a few of you.  

Complete with these displays was, low and behold, Randy Savage, in yellow, pink, orange, etc., spouting something having nothing to do with the actual release in a dialogue box, but looking magical nonetheless, like an offbeat ambassador for the store for the day.

@ ghost of Randy - It was a sign.  From Gahd.   ;)

Carry On

A short funny story -

My fav local shop has two display windows promoting certain releases, maybe 4 ft by 10 ft on each side. The current displays are geared toward the new Mtn Goats release.

They played, on a loop, nothing but old wrestling matches from the 80's. I immediately thought of quite a few of you.

Complete with these displays was, low and behold, Randy Savage, in yellow, pink, orange, etc., spouting something having nothing to do with the actual release in a dialogue box, but looking magical nonetheless, like an offbeat ambassador for the store for the day.

@ ghost of Randy - It was a sign. From Gahd. ;)

Carry On

Sounds like heaven!

Found a camera shy. Was someone asking about the prodigy single earlier?

Aaron has been asking about the Prodigy.

Tomorrow I'll make a run and check with my store if they are ok with me picking up with a second copy of some of these for some of y'all.  They had a ton of 7"s.  I'll check in tomorrow to see if / what y'all need.

I'll post this in here once more and in the morning I'll throw them up in the RSD thread, but if any of y'all need any of these I picked up a copy for y'all.

Pianos Become Teeth - Close

Violent Femmes - Happy New Year

The Hold Steady - Heaven is Whenever (picked up for bro, but he already has an OP)

So if any of y'all need one of those I'll wait a bit before hopping in the RSD threads and offering them up

I had to stop myself from buying the Wrestling album today because it was $40 and I already have one that I paid $2.50 for. Only difference was the colored vinyl.

Had to stop myself quite a few times today.  Was going to grab the Frank LP because I knew a bunch on here wanted it but saw it was $40.  I might have gotten sucked in on the Wrestling album but it wasn't worth $35.  The 40 Days soundtrack at $41 I wouldn't swing.  A ton of stuff that I probably would have made as impulse purchases were just to damn expensive.

Already scratched a new record that just came this morning. Probably because I tried to leave the shrink on and for some reason its a gatefold and that made it tight. Arg lesson learned but still a good day. Went ahead and ripped the plastic off now so hopefully it won't get worse. I googled what it looked like inside just so I wouldn't have to do that!

Okay. Tomorrow is a big day for me. For anyone who hasnt read the densitizer thread - I am happily dating a married woman in a poly marriage. I am the primary boyfriend.

Tomorrow is "meet the husband day" and i'm pretty much nervous as all holy hell because this is something ive never ever experienced nor ever thought i would ever experience.

Okay. Tomorrow is a big day for me. For anyone who hasnt read the densitizer thread - I am happily dating a married woman in a poly marriage. I am the primary boyfriend.

Tomorrow is "meet the husband day" and i'm pretty much nervous as all holy hell because this is something ive never ever experienced nor ever thought i would ever experience.

Good luck Locke!

Already scratched a new record that just came this morning. Probably because I tried to leave the shrink on and for some reason its a gatefold and that made it tight. Arg lesson learned but still a good day. Went ahead and ripped the plastic off now so hopefully it won't get worse. I googled what it looked like inside just so I wouldn't have to do that!

I picked up a copy of that Prodigy 7" if you want it!

Speaking of weird relationship things we thought we'd never experience: my girlfriend just bought me a collar and a padlock. Like, earlier today.

Of course that only means something if you know anything about BDSM.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic