And maybe I'm alone on this...probably not...but I'm so tired of having to defend how I feel and my emotions and my honesty. This is who I am. Intensely emotional and full of feels at times, yes. But it's all honest always.

I'm the same way man. I hate it, but it's also who I am. We must never apologize for being ourselves :)

Easiest way to never get hurt?  Say fuck it and keep everyone far far far away.

It works.

Ha, this is me totally.  I don't really view it as to much of a negative.    My whole life I've never had close friends, I've never found the need to try and build those bonds.  I will have what I'd call friendlies or acquaintences that will give me all the social interactions I can handle.  It's a simple way to live a contented life.  I don't feel the lows, but I don't have the highs either.  

The only time I regret my lack of a desire, or perhaps more accurately, lack or ability to build interpersonal bonds are in the romantic department.  Dating is tough when you are a narcassistic sociopath with delusions of grandure.

Sucks to here about all of your issues.  I hope that things get better for y'all.  At the very least y'all should be able to work as a support network for each other.  Y'all are wonderful people and I wish ya' nothing but the best.

Easiest way to never get hurt? Say fuck it and keep everyone far far far away.

It works.

I'm so lonely.

This is how I am, basically. My mom's side of my family doesn't talk to me because I have a problem with her (and her wife, mostly). It's crazy to me that everyone else decided to not talk to me, but whatever... I just focus on the people that do want to be in my life and all that.

I think we all need to get together and hug it out.

I agree with yall. I used to feel crappy because I didn't keep in contact with my friends from school after graduation, because pretty much right after it, I got with my wife, then start a family, etc. But after a few years the crappy feeling went away after I realized that I shouldnt feel that way because none of them ever reached out to me. and after further thinking about it, I was the one who always did reach out/plan stuff when we were solid friends, unless they needed something. people suck. but in the long run you will find out that you didn't need them/youre better off without them.

edit: this also applies to family, even parents, which totally sucks.

My best friend since I was 5 was killed in a car accident in '08, in our hometown.  He was drunk.  Flipped his car doing 55 mph over a raised set of railroad tracks.  Since that time, my "group" has never, nor ever will be, the same.  A few weddings later, including one between two members of the 'group', and I still don't participate in anything w them.  I care about them, but I stay away.  I got extremely tired of "reminiscing".  Every time we got together, it was the same damn thing.   Tony Soprano said it best - "Reminiscing is the lowest form of conversation"  

They all have kids, or are working on it.  I have no interest in having that kind of relationship.  Never wanted kids.  Changes the dynamic of the 'group' when I can't walk up to one of them at a gathering, smoking a 'J', because the kids are around.  They are stuck in a time of ten yrs ago, while I have moved waaaaay the fuck on.  All they want to do is get drunk, because that's what parents do together.  They give me shit, because I don't want to be around the same 'party' every 3 months.  

They get it.  Now.  Do I care?  Nope.  I have evolved.  I'm very content at where I'm at now.  I had to change scenery to do it, but I'm much better than I was.  

I have nothing but love for all of them, as we are somewhat scattered in locales in the U.S., and hardly ever see each other in a group.  They all think I'm something I'm not.  I wish they would move on, and evolve, themselves.   

My music keeps me sane.  It keeps me grounded.  Other than my GF, it's all I need right now.  

To all of you that are emotionally tired right now - Forge through.  Keep your chin up.  If your friends don't want to forgive and make up, move on.  Do not waste a lot of energy that you don't have.  You, must take care of you, first.

@ Dave Grohl - thanks for the heads up on the headphones ;)  

Sending all my good vibes to whomever needs it!!!  

People suck sometimes. I am also in the "Don't have many close friends" boat, and it's smooth sailing over here. I stay away from drama and people who make me feel like shit, plus I've never been good at being close to people. I am a much happier and more fulfilled person for it. All the friends I do have either live far away or they are friends that I made through my BF's family and his friends. I was never a very social person anyway, so it doesn't bother me too much. 

I always wondered if I had a girlfriend, I would feel different about things. I'm sure it'd help with feeling alone a lot, but I bet it's not the healthiest reason to find one either. If only I had confidence in myself too.

This place needs some creepy vibes right about now - 

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/because_love_never_dies_put_your_loved_ones_ashes1

ashes2libkafslkas.jpg

Woah! Very strange indeed, but whatever makes you happy, I guess.

If anyone wants to carry on working down the list it would be appreciated.

50274-Anna-Kendrick-cat-gif-Imgur-B8c1.g

Too cute to not post again. 

...well shit.  Since we've been talking about being lonely earlier.  I just found out that my half-brother is getting married.  Apparently he finally got the visa or whatever else was needed for his mail order bride.  So far I know 3 people who have bought mail order brides.  I guess more power to both parties.  Hopefully, its a mutually beneficial arrangement.

So I guess the moral of the story is that if your lonely, that's an option.

...well shit.  Since we've been talking about being lonely earlier.  I just found out that my half-brother is getting married.  Apparently he finally got the visa or whatever else was needed for his mail order bride.  So far I know 3 people who have bought mail order brides.  I guess more power to both parties.  Hopefully, its a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Haha, that is kind of awesome- also weird and creepy. I may be lonely, but I'm not desperate.

...well shit. Since we've been talking about being lonely earlier. I just found out that my half-brother is getting married. Apparently he finally got the visa or whatever else was needed for his mail order bride. So far I know 3 people who have bought mail order brides. I guess more power to both parties. Hopefully, its a mutually beneficial arrangement.

I'm getting a mail order husband !!!

But seriously, is that really a thing ? I've heard of it but never really believed it.

Haha, that is kind of awesome- also weird and creepy. I may be lonely, but I'm not desperate.

I try not to judge.  Or think about it to much. 

I will say this, the only time I've seen my half-brother actually happy was when talking about his "girlfriend".  I just hope that she is equally happy with the arrangement.

I always wondered if I had a girlfriend, I would feel different about things. I'm sure it'd help with feeling alone a lot, but I bet it's not the healthiest reason to find one either. If only I had confidence in myself too.

I've had relationships where I've felt more alone being with them than without so I don't feel like getting in a relationship can really fix this. I've met most of my friends through work. I feel that most people are open to making new friends, it just takes some time to break the ice.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic