You guys ever have one of those days where it seems like the only way it could get much worse is if you tried to kill yourself, but only managed to blow your fucking face off?

Terrible day. Terrible.

Also, if you haven't seen photos of anyone who has done that, they're disgusting.

To be fair it would be slightly worse to blow your face off AND fuck up your brain but not enough to die.

Does UPS tracking just hardly update or do they let things sit for days? I ordered something today that shipped out within minutes using USPS and happened to be in Illinois just like my UPS package and it has already moved and at this rate will beat UPS which "shipped" or got a label Friday and says its expected this Friday. Must be because of free shipping. I'm pretty patient about some things, but maybe packages isn't one of them.

Oh and Eggie Vedder might have missed my joke in another thread. (Some Superheaven thingy)

FRIENDS

I need a new book to read. Any recommendations? I'm kind of a loser when it comes to my taste in books. Yes, I have read every John Green book.

I've been eyeing up High Fidelity. Does anyone think thats a good idea?

I read his latest book and it was ok but probably very different from that. Saw the movie and there is at least a record shop involved so thats probably in there.

There is no reason for WAV, I hate having to tag them after converting them. There are some people who think they are better than lossless compressed files somehow even when you convert from wav to flac and back to wav you get an identical file. I would download the AAC more but they are using a low setting. Probably because its supposed to sound better than MP3 at lower settings but I dont care. Look at the file size differences! Cant trust almost half the size of MP3 which is why I encode my own. Audiophile and nerd is pretty accurate.

FRIENDS

I need a new book to read. Any recommendations? I'm kind of a loser when it comes to my taste in books. Yes, I have read every John Green book.

I've been eyeing up High Fidelity. Does anyone think thats a good idea?

I'm trying to think of what my favourite book was from this past year of school.  I want to say Austerlitz by Sebald, but I can't remember if I thought it was that good, or it just seems good now because things were going awesome at the time and it was right before Christmas break.  I think I really enjoyed it, haha.  The entire book is basically melancholic digression, but it gave me a very warm feeling reading it, and the prose is beautiful.  So if you want a thrilling read that will have you flipping through the pages at mach speed, it's not for you.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic