Well it had a few scratches, not deep though. So maybe $10 total? Originally I was thinking of taking the tag off and putting it up for a bit more in the FS section but this could be good practice mailing. I have saved lots of good mailers too so thats not a problem.

I'd like it, but if that was your plan I'd much rather you put it up for trade and get something you want than for me to get an album I kind of sorta want.

In exactly one week, I'll be leaving for the airport to go to NYC for the first time. It's probably not even that big of a deal for a lot of y'all, but I've been wanting to go for years and the opportunity never presented itself until recently. AHHHH, I'm beyond excited and it's still a week away!

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do while I'm there. I know I'm going to some kind of concert the night I get there, but after that I have no set schedule. I know for sure I'm going to The Met, MoMA, Nintendo World, Central Park and the High Line, possibly the 9/11 memorial, and a few other touristy things, but I also want to go to the Dover Street Market, a bunch of record stores, and wherever else the friend I'm going with wants to go.

That was a fun drive into work, my entire neighborhood did not have power. It's always fun driving down the busiest street in town when the traffic lights are out, since no one treats them as a stop.

Morning and Happy Friday, VC

To the handlers of the social media accounts of Beastie Boys, and Beck, I need some help w "The In Sound From Way Out" and "Midnite Vultures", to add to my collection. I would like to not pay with a body part, but instead w cash money, and high fives. Hell, I'll bake whomever a cake! Maybe you'd prefer a tree from your local landscaping business? How about a 6 pack of delish Upland beer? You just let me know, and I'd be happy to oblige.

With warm regards,

Brak

(If it worked for Matt, why not us)

Love how social media lends itself to holding people accountable these days.  This could probably go in the customer service thread, but I'd prefer to share here... so I'm going to keep details vague since it turns out to just be a minor misunderstanding but still a funny story.

So a small upstart label got the rights to do a band I like's catalogue in a certain format.  So I've been ordering as they come out and receiving nothing... when I first reached out to the guy he explained some packages had gotten sent back which I thought was a bummer cause that pretty much never happens, then waited more and nothing and then no email responses where they were once almost immediate, so I started wondering if something was up and asked for a tracking number in case they got lost again or what.

So still nothing, thanks to the beauty of social media I am 'friends' with no less than 2 members of the band and both guys seem to be really hardworking, so I didn't wanna bug them, but at the same time knew this was their baby so I reached out.  Immediately I get a reponse 'Not a problem. I will handle this.'  So I dunno if buddy jumped down his throat, I hope nothing too bad, but that got his attention and immediately lit a fire under his ass where there wasn't before and now he's gonna sort me out.  I kinda feel bad for taddling on the guy, but hey, if it gets results, then whatever, right?

I want to leave early every day. I get to leave 10 minutes early, since I had to stay an extra 10 yesterday due to being stuck on a call.

hi y'all!!!!

jealous of everyone getting to leave work early today! i would've had a summer friday today as well, but my sister's in town from australia, so i took off wednesday to hang with her instead. well worth it.

now no one's in the office today. and i'm bored bored bored. 

maybe i should run out at lunch at get a bottle of desk wine :D

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic