I've also cut down on buying records but I have to do that all the time anyways. I started collecting in 2005ish and only have like 200 records. Of course I could have bought thousands of records if I hadn't decided to do nothing but smoke weed from like 2006 to 2012.

Now I'm going to focus on getting older records once in awhile. So basically, someone sell me Brian Emo - Ambient 4 please.

I've also cut down on buying records but I have to do that all the time anyways. I started collecting in 2005ish and only have like 200 records. Of course I could have bought thousands of records if I hadn't decided to do nothing but smoke weed from like 2006 to 2012.

Now I'm going to focus on getting older records once in awhile. So basically, someone sell me Brian Emo - Ambient 4 please

My eyes have been on the lookout for you since you said this a little while ago

I am dreading work today.  I get to come in early so I can leave early but I've got to go to a safety meeting and acknowledge that my work accident was all my fault in front of basically every higher up at the company.  Then tomorrow I get to deal with my disaplinary meeting.  Then at some point after that I get to have a meeting with the safety officer about issues I brought up with the guarding around where I got hurt.  When the machine came in the installers said it would never pass OSHA Inspection but you guys signed off on it.  Plus in my meeting with the OSHA Inspector she brought up that the guarding needed to be extended.

Dreading work.  Dreading work.  Anyone want to come up with a new career for me.

My eyes have been on the lookout for you since you said this a little while ago

Thanks dude!

It's one of this records I could get no problem if I wanted to drop $30 but I know it's possible to get for significantly less. Basically any time I go in a record store pretty much all I do is check for Brian Eno and Talking Heads stuff. A lot of shops overprice that stuff because it's pretty much standard vinyl nerd music. But I've got a decent TH collection without ever paying more than $15 for a record. Most were $10 or less. I got David Byrne and Brian Eno - My Life in the Bush with Ghosts for $6.

I got Music for Films for $10 and the dude at the record store was like "I priced and put that record out 5 minutes ago, holy shit." So that was pure luck.

I am dreading work today. I get to come in early so I can leave early but I've got to go to a safety meeting and acknowledge that my work accident was all my fault in front of basically every higher up at the company. Then tomorrow I get to deal with my disaplinary meeting. Then at some point after that I get to have a meeting with the safety officer about issues I brought up with the guarding around where I got hurt. When the machine came in the installers said it would never pass OSHA Inspection but you guys signed off on it. Plus in my meeting with the OSHA Inspector she brought up that the guarding needed to be extended.

Dreading work. Dreading work. Anyone want to come up with a new career for me.

I have days like this too. Try your best to not think on it or your anxiety will build. :/

Thanks dude!

It's one of this records I could get no problem if I wanted to drop $30 but I know it's possible to get for significantly less. Basically any time I go in a record store pretty much all I do is check for Brian Eno and Talking Heads stuff. A lot of shops overprice that stuff because it's pretty much standard vinyl nerd music. But I've got a decent TH collection without ever paying more than $15 for a record. Most were $10 or less. I got David Byrne and Brian Eno - My Life in the Bush with Ghosts for $6.

I got Music for Films for $10 and the dude at the record store was like "I priced and put that record out 5 minutes ago, holy shit." So that was pure luck.

Awesome grab...

I look for Eno and his Obscure records that he put other people's work out under

Thanks dude!

I know what you mean w looking for some of these older titles.  Hell of a price on that "my life in...".  Nice find.  My shop always wants to put too high of a price on some of them, but hey, people are buying them

i had a saab. we called it the snaab. the turbo made it cool, it was black on black.

$70 oil changes was rude. having a car like that in the midwest with no other places to easily work on it wasnt a bright idea.

plus then saab went into the crapper. those 93 Linear and Arc were ok, like the audi a4's.

i kinda wish i had a car again. miss that.

I know what you mean w looking for some of these older titles. Hell of a price on that "my life in...". Nice find. My shop always wants to put too high of a price on some of them, but hey, people are buying them

The thing is Eno is true music nerd music. There aren't really "casuals" picking up Another Green World. Record stores know this and price accordingly. There was a little shop where I went to college that had a shit load of Eno records and they were all $30-50 even though they were REALLY good about pricing with everything else. Picked up a mint Islands - Return to the Sea there for like $12 or $15. Sadly I parted with that recently because of financial troubles, but I got $70 for it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic