I'm not sure if my work filter is blocking it, but I can't see anything :(

Here is a text copy:

"How's the hand? Still a bit stiff."

It's getting late as I'm writing this. Outside alone with a smoke in hand, head throbbing as I search for the answers to questions I never knew I had.

Is this life all that it was supposed to be? Did I draw the short end of the stick? Will I ever really find my place amongst the trees and the desert? Should I pack everything and leave, always running, never looking back?

I've been listening to Jeff shouting about how there's no such thing as clean breaks, night after night, I soak it in. One of the only things I have come to trust.

I can only think about the end, the hands ticking towards zero. A constant echo through all that I do. I hope you can all understand, I never really had a plan.

Here is a text copy:

"How's the hand? Still a bit stiff."

It's getting late as I'm writing this. Outside alone with a smoke in hand, head throbbing as I search for the answers to questions I never knew I had.

Is this life all that it was supposed to be? Did I draw the short end of the stick? Will I ever really find my place amongst the trees and the desert? Should I pack everything and leave, always running, never looking back?

I've been listening to Jeff shouting about how there's no such thing as clean breaks, night after night, I soak it in. One of the only things I have come to trust.

I can only think about the end, the hands ticking towards zero. A constant echo through all that I do. I hope you can all understand, I never really had a plan.

I really like it!  I haven't experimented too much with free verse, but this is inspiring.  :lol:

Torrent talk: use peer blockers and a proxy you basic ass motherfuckers.

or a VPN. I don't torrent stuff I have to worry about using one for anymore, but VPNs are wonderful.

Meh, I download terabytes and never have gotten so much as a notice.

And peer blockers are digital placebo. Sometimes they can actually be a hindrance.

I've been torrenting for over a decade and have gotten two "Hey, cut that out" emails. They were from the same day so I immediately started using a proxy, didn't get any more. Never had a problem using Peer Block.

http://www.kexp.org/player/Default.aspx?bitrate=128&startTime=2015-07-24T13:00:00Z

yesterday on kexp seattle.  this is the start of the 12 hr Paul's Boutique marathon.  this will be available for 2 wks.  

give it a few minutes before the morning show kicks in

haven't read how many songs they actually got through, but I'm sure that will be up soon

once again, this is silllllly good

they paid $250k to clear the samples.  that is equal to $20 mil today.

I might be a few years (eh, ten years) too late, but I just started watching Six Feet Under. Such a hilariously demented show.

Not much later than me, I watched it a few years ago.  It was one of the few highly regarded shows that I still hadn't seen.  Overall I enjoyed it, but the first season was a little too much of a soap opera for me.  Also, Brenda is pretty much the worst.

http://www.kexp.org/player/Default.aspx?bitrate=128&startTime=2015-07-24T13:00:00Z

yesterday on kexp seattle.  this is the start of the 12 hr Paul's Boutique marathon.  this will be available for 2 wks.  

give it a few minutes before the morning show kicks in

haven't read how many songs they actually got through, but I'm sure that will be up soon

once again, this is silllllly good

they paid $250k to clear the samples.  that is equal to $20 mil today.

KEXP is rad.  They're a little too vanilla indie during the work day (which makes sense), but they have some pretty interesting variety the rest of the time.  It's what I listen too during the rare instances that I'm in my car.

Charles, here is my Foo list for you. Keep in mind this isn't a list of my favorite songs, or even their absolute best, but more so a nice mix of the diversity of the band from their entire catalog of 20 years. Keep in mind there are 10x more songs than this list. I didn't want to throw a list of 50 songs at you, no one wants that when trying to give a band a chance; so here is 15. Let me know what you like, what you don't, and why; we can go from there. (I did try not to include singles, but My Hero and Times Like These are exceptions - they're just too good.)

// FOO FOR YOU //

1.) Stacked Actors - There Is Nothing Left To Lose (1999) [

] *

2.) February Stars - The Color And The Shape (1997) [

]

3.) Congregation - Sonic Highways (2014) [

]

4.) The Deepest Blues Are Black - In Your Honor (2005) [

]

5.) My Hero - The Color And The Shape (1997) [

]

6.) White Limo - Wasting Light - (2011) [

]

7.) In Your Honor - In Your Honor (2005) [

]

8.) Live-In Skin - There Is Nothing Left to Lose (1999) [

]

9.) Times Like These - One By One (2002) [

]

10.) Wattershed - Foo Fighters (1995) [

]

11.) Band On The Run - Medium Rare (2011) [

]

12.) Alone + Easy Target - Foo Fighters (1995) [

]

13.) Cheer Up, Boys (Your Make Up Is Running) - Echoes, Silences, Patience, & Grace (2007) [

]

14.) Something From Nothing - Sonic Highways (2014) [

]

15.) Stranger Things Have Happened - Echoes, Silences, Patience, & Grace (2007) [

]

Spotify playlist (14 of 15): https://play.spotify.com/user/matt_photographs/playlist/7ii9i5CvbJOC6W2E6zIFRE

* - watch / listen to the Live At Wembley version if you can.

The Wembley DVD is one of my all time favorites

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic