My headache will not go away, this is annoying. I keep dozing off today, since it actually pretty slow for me today. I'n only at 33 calls, which is half of my normal call volume, but higher than everyone else's normal day.

I was thinking you said you do about 60 or more on average each day. Is it a lack of calls today, or is someone else picking up their slack slightly?

Makes sense! Haha. For the longest time I thought Canada was just wholly bilingual.it wasn't until recently that I learned there are mainly English-speaking parts and French-speaking parts.

This girl I dated a lifetime ago had spent her senior year in France on exchange, so when she came back she had the most amazing language skills. However, she had the utmost contempt for French Canadians based on the way they speak vs. people in France... never made a damn bit of sense to me at all

Ok, so quick question for audiophiles or anyone with a turntable really:

The reason I know that my gf is looking to get me a turntable is because she was like "Can you ask your vinyl friends a question. I'm trying to figure out how to get the turntable to work with our speakers and the audiophile dude I work with is one of those assholes who thinks you need to spend $2000 on every piece of equipment."

So I have an LP60 and powered speakers with a subwoofer that we use for the tv and the record player. The 60 has a built in preamp, the Uturn or Carbon doesn't. Will an under $100 phono preamp allow us to connect to the speakers considering the LP60 works just fine with them? If so, any recommendations? We both figured it would be fine but this asshole she asked is like "No, you need all of these expensive things" I'm sure he's full of shit, but any help is appreciated

This girl I dated a lifetime ago had spent her senior year in France on exchange, so when she came back she had the most amazing language skills. However, she had the utmost contempt for French Canadians based on the way they speak vs. people in France... never made a damn bit of sense to me at all

Ugh, I hate that. Like... They live literally an ocean apart. You really think they're gonna speak exactly the same? Lmao.

The reason I know that my gf is looking to get me a turntable is because she was like "Can you ask your vinyl friends a question. I'm trying to figure out how to get the turntable to work with our speakers and the audiophile dude I work with is one of those assholes who thinks you need to spend $2000 on every piece of equipment."

So I have an LP60 and powered speakers with a subwoofer that we use for the tv and the record player. The 60 has a built in preamp, the Uturn or Carbon doesn't. Will an under $100 phono preamp allow us to connect to the speakers considering the LP60 works just fine with them? If so, any recommendations? We both figured it would be fine but this asshole she asked is like "No, you need all of these expensive things" I'm sure he's full of shit, but any help is appreciated

It should work just fine. You need the pre-amp to bring the output of your TT on line-level. Your powered speakers should do the rest of the work. There's a bunch of good pre-amps <100$, take a look at the pro-ject phono box. It retails somewhere between 90-100$.

Does your receiver have a phono input?

If you go with the U-turn, they have a new model that has a built-in preamp for $10 less than it is to buy their pre-amp itself. It's the same preamp, just built in.

I was going to suggest the pro-ject phono also...

I have the essential 2, which has the built in preamp and it hooked right up to the active speakers. i feel a TT with the built in are the way to go...and its super easy switching from 33 to 45, no need to remove the platter.

I've heard wonderful things about the U-turn. I have the debut carbon and it's great but having to remove the platter to switch speeds takes 2 seconds but I feel like it's the worst thing in the world to deal with. I was warned about the inconvenience of it so I'll warn you too.

yes. that's literally the only thing i don't like about my rega. it takes 2 seconds, but it's a pain and makes me worried i'm gonna break something.

maybe i'll finally invest in that speedbox as a xmas present to myself...

yes. that's literally the only thing i don't like about my rega. it takes 2 seconds, but it's a pain and makes me worried i'm gonna break something.

maybe i'll finally invest in that speedbox as a xmas present to myself...

Rega has an outboard powersupply, that is also a speed changer. It is kinda expensive, but they are supposed to improve noise a lot.

I'm actually thinking of upgrading my preamp currently. I think it is the weakest chain in my system. I really want to go with a tube one, but they are all so much or are hybrids. The Little Bear seems nice, and is cheap, but it seems to need a bunch of tweaks to sound great.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic