Oh technology. My mac has been running oddly slow lately. Figured something was eating up 4gb of memory show how. Cleaned out 10gb of junk from my drive, uninstalled every program I don't use on a regular basis, and updated to Captain. Seems to be running smoothly now. just crazy how much memory it takes to run OS X.

I'm in dire need of a new laptop, but I'm too cheap to until it finally completely dies. Still mad my external died the other day. It makes no sense that I can read files off it, but can't write to it.

Glad an upgrade worked for you. Nothing worse then a super slow laptop.

Seems pretty clear so far. Nice and noodle-y just the way I like it ;).

That's good. Mine probably just needs a good cleaning, since it was covered in dust for some reason.

Edit: Only 2 more weeks until the new IIOI Brian! I'm fucking stoked. Hopefully it ship early, and not super late.

I'm in dire need of a new laptop, but I'm too cheap to until it finally completely dies. Still mad my external died the other day. It makes no sense that I can read files off it, but can't write to it.

Glad an upgrade worked for you. Nothing worse then a super slow laptop.

I'm on my third external. I might buy another one soon just so I can back it up, you know, just in case.

Yeah, it definitely helped. Killed flash and run Firefox in 32 bit mode helps a lot too.

Better than not being able to read it at all :)

Quite true. I already grabbed everything off of it, so I can put it on a new one when I buy it this weekend. Thankfully my music is backed up in 2 other places, so I don't have to worry about all that, since it is what I care about losing the most. I don't care too much about the movies or TV shows on it.

I'm on my third external. I might buy another one soon just so I can back it up, you know, just in case.

Yeah, it definitely helped. Killed flash and run Firefox in 32 bit mode helps a lot too.

I'll probably grab one of those WD NAS drives, so I can just network everything. So much easier then having to hook up to a USB port every time I want t back something up. They are also only about $20 more then their normal drives of the same size. I love how cheap storage is right now. Next paycheck I'll probably grab a new laptop finally, and toss a SSD in it right away.

Fuck flash and java. I'm so glad everything is going away from both of those. HTML5 is so much better for videos. 

Thanks for the encouragement :)

And on the laptop talk. I am very lucky my job provides me a laptop every 2-3 years I get a new one. And since I work in IT its always good stuff. I haven't purchased a computer in about 6 years.

I'm in IT too, but they don't give us shit :(.

No offense T cubed, but your job blows.

I hope you find a better one soon.

Haha, I know, no offense needed. It is an offensive job itself. I've been training all week, so I have not been able to browse here at work :(. I've been so bored... new guy is like 50 and I can't find any common ground to talk about.

I'm quitting in the summer, so only have to put up with it for about 3 more months. Blind moving to Austin then, even if I don't find a job before I move.

Jon I bought that UPS you suggested. Hopefully I never have to use it, but it's nice to know it's there so I'm not bored out of my mind if the power goes out. The power light on it is bright as shit.

Aw that blows. Basically my job provides my computer and pays for my internet. Which is pretty awesome. It is because we are required to work anytime needed. But I only work 8-5 everyday, so it's just free stuff.

I'm quite jealous of that. I'd save so much money if I didn't need to pay for internet each month. We can't work remote, but some how the level 3 people are allowed to. It blows.

I'll probably grab one of those WD NAS drives, so I can just network everything. So much easier then having to hook up to a USB port every time I want t back something up. They are also only about $20 more then their normal drives of the same size. I love how cheap storage is right now. Next paycheck I'll probably grab a new laptop finally, and toss a SSD in it right away.

Fuck flash and java. I'm so glad everything is going away from both of those. HTML5 is so much better for videos. 

I think I'll buy this exact model again. I love this Seagate 3TB USB 3.0 Mac/Win external. You can plug it between Windows and Mac machines with ease, which is nice, and the 3.0 is killer.

I just found some old iPhone back ups that were taking up 6gb of space. Haha. Haven't had an iPhone in like 6 months at least. Bye!

I'm quite jealous of that. I'd save so much money if I didn't need to pay for internet each month. We can't work remote, but some how the level 3 people are allowed to. It blows.

Yikes! Yeah them paying for internt is great! I work remote sometimes. They are lenient and if I don't feel good I can just sit in bed and work. Before this job though I worked in a call center for Apple.... Never again -_-

Yikes! Yeah them paying for internt is great! I work remote sometimes. They are lenient and if I don't feel good I can just sit in bed and work. Before this job though I worked in a call center for Apple.... Never again -_-

I have a general internet complaint. We switched to comcast and my NAT is giving me issues on Xbox Live.

I have a general internet complaint. We switched to comcast and my NAT is giving me issues on Xbox Live.

Im not sure if Comcast for you is like my area, it sucks. People have the WORST connection with them here.

EDIT: here is a link I found http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Networking-Router-WiFi/Xbox-One-NAT-type-Packet-loss/td-p/2443765

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic