SRC just tweeted out "only a small amount of copies of the Blink 182 Enema of the State vinyl left." I wonder how many extra sales they make on people snagging records because SRC says "they're going fast, get yours now!" and shit like that. In their emails, they have that on every single record sometimes to create that sense of urgency and then the next week, the same albums are still in stock and "going fast." I doubt they are the only ones that dothat but, I would

like to see how much that business tactic works.

SRC just tweeted out "only a small amount of copies of the Blink 182 Enema of the State vinyl left." I wonder how many extra sales they make on people snagging records because SRC says "they're going fast, get yours now!" and shit like that. In their emails, they have that on every single record sometimes to create that sense of urgency and then the next week, the same albums are still for sale. I doubt they are the only ones that do

that but, I would like to see how much that business tactic works.

Basically every label does this in one form or another, false urgency is the name of the game in vinyl sales. Otherwise why would label press like 4-6 variants some on /200 or fewer copies other than to get people to buy fast or extra copies (and not talking about a band who can only sell 500 units or so). I'm not dogging them for doing it, it works on me.

don't downplay organizing records, it's so fun. I almost wish my stuff was out of order so I had an excuse to reorganize haha

I don't mind it, but not being able to listen to them for awhile makes me a little bummed haha. I spent a previous summer ripping, cataloging, and organizing 25,000 CDs, so my paltry vinyl collection is a breeze to deal with

I don't mind it, but not being able to listen to them for awhile makes me a little bummed haha. I spent a previous summer ripping, cataloging, and organizing 25,000 CDs, so my paltry vinyl collection is a breeze to deal with

oh right, you need to go receiver shopping soon!

Not too bad, just cleaning and organizing my records before I have to run errands for the day. Incredibly exciting stuff ;)

I agree with Napalmbrain, its the little things in life like that, that makes life so sweet.

Basically every label does this in one form or another, false urgency is the name of the game in vinyl sales. Otherwise why would label press like 4-6 variants some on /200 or fewer copies other than to get people to buy fast or extra copies (and not talking about a band who can only sell 500 units or so). I'm not dogging them for doing it, it works on me.

Good point, it works on me too, just trying to wise up to it.

Kevin, Bill, Ghost and anyone else who likes Self Defense Family. I found a webstore selling the "two genuine oddities of our distant past" lathe /331 for $13 shipped. I personally have had trouble finding this, but stumbled across this today

https://www.storenvy.com/products/7742727-self-defense-family-two-genuine-oddities-from-our-distant-past-7-lathe

Good looking out... was able to get one.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic