Its cool, I had the day off and about 15 hours of OT pay to spend. I live near a Newbury so I like to stop by now and again and just comb through stuff.

Not knocking you buying it. It's nice you can go grab one at a physical store though. Just pretty cash grabby of Newbury. If it were $25 I would consider grabbing it. But $40 is uncalled for.

Expect them to get worse with the cash grabbing. I grew up going to the stores. ( I have 3 in my general area and 2 in Boston which is about an hour away). The stores down in the burbs are about 90% novelty items and clothing now. It's sad because I know these stores shaped a generation, I found out about so many cool bands by blindly picking stuff up in the pre-internet days. Now when I go it seems that they are moving away from a go to place to pick up tunes to a cool place to buy fart machines and Fred Perry's.

Expect them to get worse with the cash grabbing. I grew up going to the stores. ( I have 3 in my general area and 2 in Boston which is about an hour away). The stores down in the burbs are about 90% novelty items and clothing now. It's sad because I know these stores shaped a generation, I found out about so many cool bands by blindly picking stuff up in the pre-internet days. Now when I go it seems that they are moving away from a go to place to pick up tunes to a cool place to buy fart machines and Fred Perry's.

It's just weird that some of their exclusives are priced fairly (considering the weight, packaging, disc amount, licensing, etc.), and them some are way over-priced. I mean, I have only ordered from them twice, but that's cause pricing has held me back. They did a Bleach reissue a while back (single LP) that was over-priced so I didn't grab it. The price of the deluxe Bleach holds me back. $35 for a single LP (Lorde)? What the fuck. But then we have The Germs fairly priced at $24, Foxing at $22, Caspian at $25, Clutch at $25. If everything was over-priced it would make sense, but it's just a handful of shit. I don't know. Newbury is never really high on my radar since they aren't exactly pressing anything for the first time.

TBS is my fucking jam. Love those dudes.

If they tour near you let me know; I'll get you all access so you can watch side stage.

Oh shit, that would be dope.

I've only seen them once and the only TAYF song they played was Cute... So of course they did a full TAYF tour months later.

Missed them play with Brand New at a 200 cap room in like 2002 or 2003 because I was "too cool"

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic