So just heard the president and first lady will both be doing keynote speeches at this  years SXSW. now traffic is gonna be more horrible than usual. hopefully they're just coming and going each day so i can easily get downtown to see Beach Slang.

The traffic is going to be horrendous.

When are you planning on seeing Beach Slang?

10e0uj4.jpg

Hoping to see them and PUP on this and then I really want to try and see Julien Baker

Just got paged to call the front office. Thought I was in trouble for some dumb shit or something. They were just like "Hey, as of last Sunday we gave you a 15 cent raise. Don't tell anyone."

Uh, cool I guess?

15 cents, wow, they shouldn't have... :unsure:

That reminds me of the Target raises of 5 and 8 cents.  What a fucking joke.  Why even bother.

Just got paged to call the front office. Thought I was in trouble for some dumb shit or something. They were just like "Hey, as of last Sunday we gave you a 15 cent raise. Don't tell anyone."

Uh, cool I guess?

Haha, raises like that are more a slap in the face than a good thing. My old job did that to me, and I just laughed and walked out of my bosses office.

Getting my 2m blue cart put on today. Picking it up tomorrow. Speakers will be in next Friday. Stoked to start spinning again.

What made you pick the 2m Blue? 

Haha, raises like that are more a slap in the face than a good thing. My old job did that to me, and I just laughed and walked out of my bosses office.

What made you pick the 2m Blue? 

Well, I've had Grado, so I figured I would go 'spice of life' and try something new. I've read really good things about it, and it seems to be a great cart. Plus you can switch out of stylus for others with ease. I went it the audio shop and no one acknowledged me for a good 15 minutes. Probably thinking I don't know anything, or wasn't going to spend any money. I ended up schooling the dude on some audio gear, and he was actually really nice so he gave me a small gift certificate to my local record shop. They are installing it tomorrow morning, and then I'll pick it up. My speakers don't come in till next Friday. So I'll be listening through headphones till then. I'll let you know how it sounds.

Yeah, it's always nice to hear the same sounds in a new way. I finally heard a 2M red and didn't like it much, but the blue is supposed to be a huge step above it. Hopefully you like it. I'm sure it and the new speakers will improve your sound a ton.

Edit: Also, that is pretty fucking funny you knew more then the guy. You should have asked for a job. Free gift cert is awesome too.

If you work at least 40 hours a week that's like $312 a year.

I'll see a couple bucks more each paycheck after taxes.

Normally they only give raises in conjunction with performance reviews every six months. Which means in a couple no the I might get around a 20-25 cent raise. So I'll be looking at a raise of around $700 for the year.

Everything is going to shit due to incompetent management and I've been vocal about how I feel. Guess I'm the squeaky wheel.

Yeah, it's always nice to hear the same sounds in a new way. I finally heard a 2M red and didn't like it much, but the blue is supposed to be a huge step above it. Hopefully you like it. I'm sure it and the new speakers will improve your sound a ton.

Edit: Also, that is pretty fucking funny you knew more then the guy. You should have asked for a job. Free gift cert is awesome too.

I think I would kill myself working around a bunch of Jazzdads and having to explain audio equipment all day. Having to sell $5-10k amps to dudes who only have 20 records that they'll ever listen to; no thank you. Haha. You know the type I'm talking about. Dudes with more money than musical tastes. They're so narrow minded with music that they'll only listen to one specific pressing of The Wall or Moving Pictures, or some Miles Davis album. All of which are great, but c'mon, there's so much music out there!

I heard meh things about the 2m Red, but the jump to the Blue is where shit really gets good. At the 200 hour mark it evolves it to warm goodness. I'm excited to hear that. And yeah, I bet it will. I'm kind of tempted to bring in a copy of Tertia to give it a spin on a $50k~ system to see what it sounds like. Then cry about it after.

I think I would kill myself working around a bunch of Jazzdads and having to explain audio equipment all day. Having to sell $5-10k amps to dudes who only have 20 records that they'll ever listen to; no thank you. Haha. You know the type I'm talking about. Dudes with more money than musical tastes. They're so narrow minded with music that they'll only listen to one specific pressing of The Wall or Moving Pictures, or some Miles Davis album. All of which are great, but c'mon, there's so much music out there!

I heard meh things about the 2m Red, but the jump to the Blue is where shit really gets good. At the 200 hour mark it evolves it to warm goodness. I'm excited to hear that. And yeah, I bet it will. I'm kind of tempted to bring in a copy of Tertia to give it a spin on a $50k~ system to see what it sounds like. Then cry about it after.

Jazzdads!

My girlfriend dropped a jazzdads yesterday and I'm so stoked that's a thing now.

Hahaha, that is quite true. I'd probably want to kill myself after one day of that shit. 

Do it, I bet it would be pure bliss. I was tempted to do that when I bought my table, bring in one of my records, but decided against it. I didn't want my system to sound tainted after that.

Nice to she cleaned up nice after the meth.

Got the tablet I tried to sell a couple weeks ago back today. The buyer returned it for a refund because the screen was cracked during shipping, but when I checked it out it turns out it was just the screen protector that was damaged, not the screen itself. So the bad news is I'm out the money he paid, but the good news is I still have the tablet, and it's completely undamaged after all. So...hooray?

Hahaha, that is quite true. I'd probably want to kill myself after one day of that shit. 

Do it, I bet it would be pure bliss. I was tempted to do that when I bought my table, bring in one of my records, but decided against it. I didn't want my system to sound tainted after that.

Nice to she cleaned up nice after the meth.

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to take it. I really want to work in a record store making next to nothing, and be able to talk about records to people all day long. That's the life for me.

And I really want to. I'm going to and see if they'll let me.

And yeah she did. SCHWING.

The traffic is going to be horrendous.

When are you planning on seeing Beach Slang?

10e0uj4.jpg

Hoping to see them and PUP on this and then I really want to try and see Julien Baker

yeah, this is the one i want to go to.. along with the waterloo show on thursday and maybe the free show.. but it'll be the cohered show so i seriously doubt i'll be up front 

My incoming list is finally down to pretty much just preorders now. Thankfully. The damn Antarctigo Vespucci record delay is still holind up that order.

Antarctigo Vespucci - Leavin' La Vida Loca (Clear w/ Red & Yellow Haze) ??? (Delayed)
Antarctigo Vespucci - I'm So Tethered 7" (Opaque Blue Vinyl 7") ??? (In shipment with above)
Antarctigo Vespucci - Soulmate Stuff (WHALE VS. SHARK (Half Transparent Electric Blue / Half Cyan)) ??? (Ditto)
Into It. Over It. - Standards (180g Black /300) 03/11/2016
Nothing - Tired Of Tomorrow (Hot Pink Inside Electric Blue Standard Gram + Bonus LP-Shaped Picture Disc /500) 05/13/16
Pity Sex - Dark World (Pink/Blue Starburst /2000)
Pity Sex - White Hot Moon (Electric Blue w/Pink Splatter /2200) 04/29/2106
Sorority Noise - It Kindly Stopped for Me (Blue/White Color in Color /200) 04/22/2016
Turnover - Humblest Pleasures - Black /300 7" 03/25/16

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic