59 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I always read MCS as MC5 at first then get sad I have no reason to yell "KICK OUT THE JAMS MOTHERFUCKERS"

I have made this mistake at least twice now. 

@GreatGreenOne77 I'm bummed they are remaking it, not because I can't imagine a new cast doing it just as well, but the authenticity of the quality from that era adds to the campy weirdness of it all. Plus Tim Curry <3

If community colleges are staging productions of Rocky Horror, let someone give it another go with actual money and talent. Remakes/reboots/etc have been happening as long as there's been fiction. How do you think we ended up with so many different religions? How many Batmans/Spidermans are we gonna see in our lifetime?

Just ignore what you want to ignore. For every few turds there's bound to be something good or at least fun.

The most important thing to remember about remakes: John Carpenter's The Thing was a remake of a remake. Fuck you and die if you have even an ounce of shit to talk about that movie.

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

If community colleges are staging productions of Rocky Horror, let someone give it another go with actual money and talent. Remakes/reboots/etc have been happening as long as there's been fiction. How do you think we ended up with so many different religions? How many Batmans/Spidermans are we gonna see in our lifetime?

Just ignore what you want to ignore. For every few turds there's bound to be something good or at least fun.

The most important thing to remember about remakes: John Carpenter's The Thing was a remake of a remake. Fuck you and die if you have even an ounce of shit to talk about that movie.

One thing to remember too is that Rocky Horror was a stage play long before it was a musical film, so it's always gonna be a staple of the stage world. That is totally different to me than a company like Fox making a movie over again to cash in on nostalgia and the fact that it's the 40th anniversary of the original film

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

One thing to remember too is that Rocky Horror was a stage play long before it was a musical film, so it's always gonna be a staple of the stage world. That is totally different to me than a company like Fox making a movie over again to cash in on nostalgia and the fact that it's the 40th anniversary of the original film

But by that same line of thinking, as a play it's meant to be restaged and redone. Is it a cash in? Yeah, but that's what happens when you turn art into a business

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

But by that same line of thinking, as a play it's meant to be restaged and redone. Is it a cash in? Yeah, but that's what happens when you turn art into a business

I guess I just put the crowbar of separation between stage and screen, because for the most part, the audience is different. 

well I popped in at the right time...

the best casting so far for this live RHPS is adam lambert as Eddie. that being said, I have no faith for this and am very disappointed. I will watch just to see how it is/hopefully its wont be as bad as Im thinking but man...am bummed. At least Curry will be the narrator for this one. 

33 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I guess I just put the crowbar of separation between stage and screen, because for the most part, the audience is different. 

I just see all art as somewhat the same in most regards. There are only so many stories (you know, the whole monomyth/hero's journey thing) so it's how you tell the story that is important. Do I want to see the same two dozen movies remade over and over until I die? Of course not, but the constant stream of superhero movies is far worse than the few remakes we get every year.

A lot of remakes end up being worthless but that doesn't meant you should dismiss all remakes.

5 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Someone just quit, so guess who gets to work more Saturdays and train a replacement when they find one?

Damn, sorry to hear that. Two more people quit here, the Accounts Payable Coordinator and a grants acct.   The finance dept will be down 12 people after they leave.

8 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

That sounds like it's getting pretty bad. What happened with the other potential job?

I never applied for it haha, I've been looking though.  I just don't really like changing my routine and going for interviews and stuff, and I guess it hasn't gotten bad enough to justify going through all of that change.

2 minutes ago, texan4life said:

I never applied for it haha, I've been looking though.  I just don't really like changing my routine and going for interviews and stuff, and I guess it hasn't gotten bad enough to justify going through all of that change.

Ah, yeah hard to get a job if you don't apply :P. I'm the same way, but sometimes you just have to. I've been debating searching here, even though I still want to move, since the move has been put on hold until Fall-ish now due to some money stuff (damn cars). I need out of this place bad.

10 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Ah, yeah hard to get a job if you don't apply :P. I'm the same way, but sometimes you just have to. I've been debating searching here, even though I still want to move, since the move has been put on hold until Fall-ish now due to some money stuff (damn cars). I need out of this place bad.

You're right; I really hope nothing else comes up and delays your plans.   It'll happen bud, just a matter of time  ;-)

Oh, I know, it was just a quick frustration vent and I know it pales in comparison to other things going on.

Things will get better for you too Matt. You will find something good soon, be it a new place, a job, or a new love. As I said, once I'm down in Austin you're welcome anytime. If you need a place to stay long-term, until you find something, etc, then stay as long as you like. I've helped other friends out in that regards before.

I have more to say, but my brain is not working today. You know you can text/call anytime you need something.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic