hi everyoneeeee.

update- i don't have hepatitis! but my liver enzymes are still high. also my liver and kidneys look fine on the ultrasound i did last week. no tumors, no enlargement, no sign of fatty liver (yay!), BUT i do have a load of gallstones. soooooo i'm restricting my diet even more now. i feel really lost and dont know what will hurt me or whatever outside of the obvious fatty/fried foods. i read to keep my fat intake to 30-40mg per day, so i guess i'll start there. last night i had tacos in lettuce wraps - no cheese, just meat, seasoning, black beans, & brown rice with a few quinoa chips and it didn't bother me. i brought the leftovers for lunch today sans chips. anybody have any advice? i'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that i probably can't have avocados anymore.

19 minutes ago, futures said:

hi everyoneeeee.

update- i don't have hepatitis! but my liver enzymes are still high. also my liver and kidneys look fine on the ultrasound i did last week. no tumors, no enlargement, no sign of fatty liver (yay!), BUT i do have a load of gallstones. soooooo i'm restricting my diet even more now. i feel really lost and dont know what will hurt me or whatever outside of the obvious fatty/fried foods. i read to keep my fat intake to 30-40mg per day, so i guess i'll start there. last night i had tacos in lettuce wraps - no cheese, just meat, seasoning, black beans, & brown rice with a few quinoa chips and it didn't bother me. i brought the leftovers for lunch today sans chips. anybody have any advice? i'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that i probably can't have avocados anymore.

Glad to hear you don't have hep. Did they say anything about removing your gallbladder? Usually they do when you have more than one gallstone.

All, those tacos sound fantastic.

11 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Glad to hear you don't have hep. Did they say anything about removing your gallbladder? Usually they do when you have more than one gallstone.

All, those tacos sound fantastic.

I'm not sure yet. My GP told me to do the low fat thing at least until I see the GI next week. Hopefully he will make the decision whether to go ahead with surgery then.

They were good :)

2 minutes ago, futures said:

I'm not sure yet. My GP told me to do the low fat thing at least until I see the GI next week. Hopefully he will make the decision whether to go ahead with surgery then.

They were good :)

I'm sure they'll remove it, which is a super easy surgery anymore. It'll make you feel a ton better too, and you can resume eating your avocados.

41 minutes ago, futures said:

hi everyoneeeee.

Red meat usually does not help with gallstones

7 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I'm sure they'll remove it, which is a super easy surgery anymore. It'll make you feel a ton better too, and you can resume eating your avocados.

but then that'll be two surgeries in one year. is that even allowed?? =\ 

1 minute ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Red meat usually does not help with gallstones

i believe that's true with fatty meat. but yeah i know. i'm already on a super low-carb diet as it is, so my fat intake is so low already. the meat was 85% lean and wasnt prepared with any oil or anything so it didn't bother me. i'm also very asymptomatic in general. i had no idea this was even happening inside of me at all. it just came up on routine bloodwork.

3 minutes ago, futures said:

i believe that's true with fatty meat. but yeah i know. i'm already on a super low-carb diet as it is, so my fat intake is so low already. the meat was 85% lean and wasnt prepared with any oil or anything so it didn't bother me. i'm also very asymptomatic in general. i had no idea this was even happening inside of me at all. it just came up on routine bloodwork.

I do t see what you can't have 2 surgeries in a year.

I'm most likely going in for a second surgery in a month or two. I'm not even recovered from the first one yet.

People have multilpe surgeries on the same day sometimes.

Edited by vinyl addict

1 minute ago, vinyl addict said:

I do t see what you can't have 2 surgeries in a year.

I'm most likely going in for a second surgery in a month or two. I'm not even recovered from the first one yet.

People have multilpe surgeries on the same day sometimes.

<3 get well soon!!

i just get paranoid bc ive been trying for this planned surgery for 10 years and now this whole liver/gallbladder is trying to wreck it on me lol.

Yeah, I don't think there is a limit on the amount of surgeries you can get, unless you are high risk for complications or something. The gallbladder surgery is nothing. They cut 3 incisions above it, then cut it out and vacuum it out through one of the incisions. It only takes about 30-45 minutes, and you usually go home an hour after surgery.

3 minutes ago, futures said:

Yeah, that's rough. Part of what I have seen with your diet struggles runs counter to gallstone care. 

I feel for your struggles. I have dietary triggers for my migraines that suck. New foods make me anxious. 

4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, I don't think there is a limit on the amount of surgeries you can get, unless you are high risk for complications or something. The gallbladder surgery is nothing. They cut 3 incisions above it, then cut it out and vacuum it out through one of the incisions. It only takes about 30-45 minutes, and you usually go home an hour after surgery.

thank you so much for putting me at east about this <3 i don't have a risk for complications i don't think, i just get worried bc of my medical history with random/rare things happening to me.

2 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Yeah, that's rough. Part of what I have seen with your diet struggles runs counter to gallstone care. 

I feel for your struggles. I have dietary triggers for my migraines that suck. New foods make me anxious. 

I make no sense haha. Migraines are awful tho, I'm sorry you have to deal with those. :( 

I've been doing research, since I know my gallbladder causes me issues a lot. I've had an ultrasound of it twice, but both times it was "normal", because the issue clears up before I go in. I know a few people who have had theirs out recently too, so it's put me at ease too. My dad has a huge scar across his side from when he got his out in the 80's, when it was still a major surgery. Either way, good luck with the diet restrictions/getting it out. I'm too weak to change my diet for it, so usually just suffer.

My brother just had his gallbladder taken out three weeks ago. He hasn't changed his diet at all...then again, he's a dumbass. But just two nights ago he had to be taken to the hospital due to severe abdominal pain. They're running tests and whatnot and looks to be "complications" from the gallbladder surgery. He explained to me what they've found it sounds like secondary effects from no longer having the gallbladder and lack of bile regulation in the system that now happens.

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

My brother just had his gallbladder taken out three weeks ago. He hasn't changed his diet at all...then again, he's a dumbass. But just two nights ago he had to be taken to the hospital due to severe abdominal pain. They're running tests and whatnot and looks to be "complications" from the gallbladder surgery. He explained to me what they've found it sounds like secondary effects from no longer having the gallbladder and lack of bile regulation in the system that now happens.

That does happen, but it's pretty rare compared to it helping people.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic