It is weird.  I get paid decent for a recent college grad, and they are already saying they are going to put me on salary with a pay increase after my 90 days.  I always ask if there are things that need to be done, but they always say im doing what Im supposed to be doing.  It is weird just sitting here going through emails, listening to Pandora and talking to you guys.

It is weird.  I get paid decent for a recent college grad, and they are already saying they are going to put me on salary with a pay increase after my 90 days.  I always ask if there are things that need to be done, but they always say im doing what Im supposed to be doing.  It is weird just sitting here going through emails, listening to Pandora and talking to you guys.

don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

what do you do/what is your degree in?

don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

what do you do/what is your degree in?

I got my degree in IT, and I work for a radiology company doing IT with 2 other awesome guys.  Fridays are always super slow becasue DRs barely work and there are never things breaking.  Monday is a shitstorm though.

QUESTION:  The bf booked the hotel for Boston next month and I logged into our account and the deposit isn't showing up on the account's activity... any idea why this might be?  The confirmation email we got said it was charged on 3/30.

Call and ask maybe?  They should be able to say if you are good, I usually book hotels that let you pay there, so never had this problem.

i've been wondering; how do you like being a flight attendant/what is your job like?

it's always a job that i thought i would enjoy, but i don't think i could do because i work so much better with a set schedule.

It's tough. Im not going to sugar coat it. I have to be a waitress / bartender / first responder / babysitter / firefighter / bodyguard for the pilots... Etc. but people just look at you and say "I just threw up" or "here is my massive bag for you to put in the bin". But I love it. Really I do. This job is perfect for me. I laugh at the puke and take things as they come.

The schedule is crazy for the first couple of years. I literally have no idea when and where I'll be going. But that is pretty exhilarating! Perfect when you're young. After a few years I'll be a line holder and I will be able to pick my own schedule and fly where I want to. Not to mention, my airline is notorious for putting you in another position if you get burned out on flying, which is a huge blessing.

It's not for everyone, but it's fabulous. It's like being part of a club that wanders the world freely. My co workers are some of the most interesting and cultured people I've met.

yeah's that's health care alright

The one thing that kills me is when I go to a center for somehting and everyone has an issue.  They say stuff like "...this has been happening for months now."  I always look at them and say... "why didnt you put a ticket in?"  Our ticket system is barely used... it kills me.

It's tough. Im not going to sugar coat it. I have to be a waitress / bartender / first responder / babysitter / firefighter / bodyguard for the pilots... Etc. but people just look at you and say "I just threw up" or "here is my massive bag for you to put in the bin". But I love it. Really I do. This job is perfect for me. I laugh at the puke and take things as they come.

The schedule is crazy for the first couple of years. I literally have no idea when and where I'll be going. But that is pretty exhilarating! Perfect when you're young. After a few years I'll be a line holder and I will be able to pick my own schedule and fly where I want to. Not to mention, my airline is notorious for putting you in another position if you get burned out on flying, which is a huge blessing.

It's not for everyone, but it's fabulous. It's like being part of a club that wanders the world freely. My co workers are some of the most interesting and cultured people I've met.

Yeah I have seen some people be horrid to flight attendants. Kudos for loving your job

The one thing that kills me is when I go to a center for somehting and everyone has an issue. They say stuff like "...this has been happening for months now." I always look at them and say... "why didnt you put a ticket in?" Our ticket system is barely used... it kills me.

yeah, that's endemic of the industry too.

when my sister/bro-in-law had their kitchen tile replaced, my mom went over to their house to sit and watch (it was the summer and she works in a school, so she had off). i'm sure it wasn't awkward for her, because she probably just talked about her cats the whole time. only awkward for the dude tiling the floor, ahaha.

haha. Sounds like something my mom would do. She is a talker. Another guy showed up so I don't feel so bad. Just sitting in the garage with the door open so I can keep an eye on them, but still stay out of their way. 

that's awesome that you love it! i would love the traveling part, but with my adhd i need a pretty structured schedule or i'll have horrible anxiety/mild panic attacks. even when i worked retail, if i was on call it made me so nervous i would cry sometimes. i hate not being able to make plans. (so really, this would probably be a terrible, terrible job for me, haha)

one of the attorneys here is talking to his girlfriend on the phone (he's in his 60s and she's in her 40s), who is apparently trying to get somewhere with the gps and still can't find wherever she's supposed to be. so he calls the restaurant?store?business? and asks for directions. then she calls back. then he tells her what they said. he hangs up. then she calls back again. 'i'm looking at the map right now. it kind of sits back off the road. did you pass *insert store name here* yet?'  this goes on for 10 more minutes until she finally reaches her destination.

it was like the blind leading the blind.

one of the attorneys here is talking to his girlfriend on the phone (he's in his 60s and she's in her 40s), who is apparently trying to get somewhere with the gps and still can't find wherever she's supposed to be. so he calls the restaurant?store?business? and asks for directions. then she calls back. then he tells her what they said. he hangs up. then she calls back again. 'i'm looking at the map right now. it kind of sits back off the road. did you pass *insert store name here* yet?' this goes on for 10 more minutes until she finally reaches her destination.

it was like the blind leading the blind.

haha... I wish I could hear that, though I would probably rip my hair out in person

Nice. That place is supposed to be sweet. Plus it is right on the Red Line so you can easily get into Cambridge!

Cool!  Yeah my boyfriend has always wanted to stay there.  I hadn't even heard of it but he's an architect so it's been on his bucket list for a while.  I need to brush up on my Boston, haha.  I haven't been there since I was way young and I was only there for a hot second to shoot a commercial.  What is there to do in Cambridge?  The only thing I know I want to do is go to Wagamama and Newbury Comics - just to see what it's all about.

We're going to the HOB to see Foster The People which I understand isn't too far from the hotel.

that's awesome that you love it! i would love the traveling part, but with my adhd i need a pretty structured schedule or i'll have horrible anxiety/mild panic attacks. even when i worked retail, if i was on call it made me so nervous i would cry sometimes. i hate not being able to make plans. (so really, this would probably be a terrible, terrible job for me, haha)

Haha! At least you know that about yourself! Seriously. You're a huge step ahead than most people

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic