Cool!  Yeah my boyfriend has always wanted to stay there.  I hadn't even heard of it but he's an architect so it's been on his bucket list for a while.  I need to brush up on my Boston, haha.  I haven't been there since I was way young and I was only there for a hot second to shoot a commercial.  What is there to do in Cambridge?  The only thing I know I want to do is go to Wagamama and Newbury Comics - just to see what it's all about.

We're going to the HOB to see Foster The People which I understand isn't too far from the hotel.

whatever you do, don't rub this guy's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvard_(statue)) shoe for luck like Harvard tour guides tell you to do. my friend went there and informed me that drunk guys think it's hilarious to pee on it all the time.

also, the harvard museum of natural history is pretty cool: http://www.hmnh.harvard.edu/

double also, i love eating at this place: https://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/

it would probably be great for you because you hand pick exactly what goes into your food. and then they cook it in front of you which is SO COOL.

I ordered the new Daggers album from Throat Ruiner and it came bundled with a t-shirt. I just got an email saying the bundle hasn't been sent out yet because they're having technical problems printing the shirts.

I'm just like

I couldn't give a shit about the shirt! Gimmie that record!

whatever you do, don't rub this guy's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvard_(statue)) shoe for luck like Harvard tour guides tell you to do. my friend went there and informed me that drunk guys think it's hilarious to pee on it all the time.

also, the harvard museum of natural history is pretty cool: http://www.hmnh.harvard.edu/

double also, i love eating at this place: https://www.fire-ice.com/locations/cambridge-ma/

it would probably be great for you because you hand pick exactly what goes into your food. and then they cook it in front of you which is SO COOL.

Yay thank you! I'm going to look into all of that.  & I won't rub his shoe.

It's tough. Im not going to sugar coat it. I have to be a waitress / bartender / first responder / babysitter / firefighter / bodyguard for the pilots... Etc. but people just look at you and say "I just threw up" or "here is my massive bag for you to put in the bin". But I love it. Really I do. This job is perfect for me. I laugh at the puke and take things as they come.

The schedule is crazy for the first couple of years. I literally have no idea when and where I'll be going. But that is pretty exhilarating! Perfect when you're young. After a few years I'll be a line holder and I will be able to pick my own schedule and fly where I want to. Not to mention, my airline is notorious for putting you in another position if you get burned out on flying, which is a huge blessing.

It's not for everyone, but it's fabulous. It's like being part of a club that wanders the world freely. My co workers are some of the most interesting and cultured people I've met.

I briefly considered being a flight attendent, it sounds right up my alley. I live for adventure and exploring, I can't sit in one place for too long. However, airports give me crazy anxiety and I don't like being on call, so it just never seemed like something I could do long term. I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying it!

It's funny because touring is very similar in the way that you play all parts (mom, babysitter, chef, maid, manager, etc.) but I'm much more comfortable in a van/bus than I am in the air. Despite the ground being more dangerous. Plus our schedules are mapped out by hours and months in advance, I love that aspect so much.

I don't like the very little job security. I'm still trying to find my niche.

HOB is a short T ride from your hotel, it'll be easy to get there. Probably a 45 minute walk though, doable but long.

If you guys are into beer at all Lord Hobo's, Meadhall and even Cambridge Brewery are all pretty close to the hotel. If you are going to go out before the show I'd do it before you get to Landsdowne, some people might have some hidden gems right around there but a lot of it is overpriced and silly due to proximity to Fenway. 

Personally, I'd get off the green line at Hynes and walk to Bukowski's Tavern then walk to HOB. But I'm sure you guys will find stuff to do! Have fun. 

I second going to Fire & Ice. It's delicious

Yes! We went there. Gosh, it's been so many years now that I completely forgot.

so...for a few days now, someone has been shooting at cars driving along the highway.

driving to and from work is now officially called "the game"

That's horrible omg

I second going to Fire & Ice. It's delicious

I 3rd fire and ice. Went to Harvard for a conference in undergrad and loved it. So good.

All this east coast talk is making me miss living there. But since living in Colorado I've been to LA twice, Seattle in August, and hopefully Utah this summer. Funny how things change for you geographically. I have about only 7 states left to see

Also, stay safe cholly

All those shootings targeted moving vehicles near highway exits or road splits.

Bullets wounded three victims, none seriously. Police have recovered bullets from 11 of the cases.

The attacks have occurred mostly at night. Three daytime crimes occurred on Saturdays.

That would freak me out too much to even get on the highways.

All those shootings targeted moving vehicles near highway exits or road splits.

Bullets wounded three victims, none seriously. Police have recovered bullets from 11 of the cases.

The attacks have occurred mostly at night. Three daytime crimes occurred on Saturdays.

This is such bullshit. A great friend of mine was killed this way. It's not ok.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic