I briefly considered being a flight attendent, it sounds right up my alley. I live for adventure and exploring, I can't sit in one place for too long. However, airports give me crazy anxiety and I don't like being on call, so it just never seemed like something I could do long term. I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying it!

It's funny because touring is very similar in the way that you play all parts (mom, babysitter, chef, maid, manager, etc.) but I'm much more comfortable in a van/bus than I am in the air. Despite the ground being more dangerous. Plus our schedules are mapped out by hours and months in advance, I love that aspect so much.

I don't like the very little job security. I'm still trying to find my niche.

I am jealous. I have always wanted to go on tour with one of my favorite bands. My cousin is the sound guy for an up and coming band, and he loves it so much. You'll find that band that just clicks and then you will have the job security. You should learn sound too, that way it is just one more thing you can do.

I've been feeling the bug to move lately.  I just need to make enough money with photography so I can quit this job.  My boss is so paranoid about that day happening.  He actually just asked me if I like this job better than my photo jobs and if I think I will stay here and grow.  I don't want to be here forever.  I don't want to be in this area.  I mean... if I get enough clientele to be able to live off of my profits from photography, I shouldn't feel guilty to make that move.  It's what I've always wanted to do and it's why I went to art school.  I don't like that he guilts me like that.

I've been feeling the bug to move lately. I just need to make enough money with photography so I can quit this job. My boss is so paranoid about that day happening. He actually just asked me if I like this job better than my photo jobs and if I think I will stay here and grow. I don't want to be here forever. I don't want to be in this area. I mean... if I get enough clientele to be able to live off of my profits from photography, I shouldn't feel guilty to make that move. It's what I've always wanted to do and it's why I went to art school. I don't like that he guilts me like that.

That's such a screwed up manipulation on your boss's part. I don't envy you with the uphill battle of photographic art career. I always thought that maybe I could make my way in my creative field eventually but now I look at my job as funding a creative hobby.

Don't get that way.

I 3rd fire and ice. Went to Harvard for a conference in undergrad and loved it. So good.

All this east coast talk is making me miss living there. But since living in Colorado I've been to LA twice, Seattle in August, and hopefully Utah this summer. Funny how things change for you geographically. I have about only 7 states left to see

Also, stay safe cholly

Are you going to Southern Utah?

I've been feeling the bug to move lately.  I just need to make enough money with photography so I can quit this job.  My boss is so paranoid about that day happening.  He actually just asked me if I like this job better than my photo jobs and if I think I will stay here and grow.  I don't want to be here forever.  I don't want to be in this area.  I mean... if I get enough clientele to be able to live off of my profits from photography, I shouldn't feel guilty to make that move.  It's what I've always wanted to do and it's why I went to art school.  I don't like that he guilts me like that.

Just go for it. My friend recently quit her job to pursue photography and art... You have to promote yourself, but you can make it work. Your photography is fantastic! You totally could do it.

I always thought that maybe I could make my way in my creative field eventually but now I look at my job as funding a creative hobby.

i've kind of fallen into this school of thought, though i don't necessarily think it's a bad thing for me, personality wise. sure, i'd love more time to do my art, but i don't think i'd handle the stress of being my own boss/running my own business/having a fluctuating and at times uncertain income stream very well.

I am jealous. I have always wanted to go on tour with one of my favorite bands. My cousin is the sound guy for an up and coming band, and he loves it so much. You'll find that band that just clicks and then you will have the job security. You should learn sound too, that way it is just one more thing you can do.

I love it a lot. I've mostly done local stuff but every band I worked for never made it and ended up throwing in the towel. A few people really liked me and saw what I could do on the road, so I was hired for a start-up company last year. Ended up being the worst time of my life, bad planning and a lot of lying on the companies end. So now I'm back at a part-time cafe gig. 

My internship is looking to place me on the road after I graduate college but a lot of things have fallen through. 

I've gotten a little too comfortable at my current job though and I'm definitely scared to risk it for another gig that may not work out. So we'll see what happens, I'm just trying to embrace the unknown which has always been a struggle of mine.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic