I smoked 'em in the late 90s. One of the many dozen brands I've alternated between. Smokes in Chicago are like $6ish right? My aunt & uncle live there but it's been awhile. Cigs in NY are fucking $10-$15.

Nooooo, it's just as bad here.  They are $13 at any normal store, or $11-$12 at discount tobacco shops.  I drive 20 miles out to the burbs every other weekend and buy a carton for myself along with smuggling cartons for friends back into the city.

Nooooo, it's just as bad here.  They are $13 at any normal store, or $11-$12 at discount tobacco shops.  I drive 20 miles out to the burbs every other weekend and buy a carton for myself along with smuggling cartons for friends back into the city.

Damn, I havent been there since '08 & I swore a pack of Camels was like $6.

I was blown away by how cheap smokes are out here in Portland, I don't smoke, but I used to some. Buying cigs in New York will break you.

Yeah it's obscene... thankfully I can drive 2 miles to PA & pay less than $6 a pack.

Ahh I'm getting pretty mad at this person from ebay. They said they sent the whole album even though I explained there is another lp missing. either they are lying or they are just clueless. They have good feedback so I don't think they're just a complete dick. I don't know what to do.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15255-1340824664-30

BE the cat.

Ahh I'm getting pretty mad at this person from ebay. They said they sent the whole album even though I explained there is another lp missing. either they are lying or they are just clueless. They have good feedback so I don't think they're just a complete dick. I don't know what to do.

Just keep talking it out with them, if all else fails open up a dispute. You'll get the record, and the money back. Just give them some chances to rectify first.

You made me realize I had a photo of my CHL on my instagram with my full address/name and everything I had to delete!

The paranoia is hyper real!

Just keep talking it out with them, if all else fails open up a dispute. You'll get the record, and the money back. Just give them some chances to rectify first.

They had two listings up and I can bet the person who bought the other half will be complaining too. Yikes. I'm being pretty calm though, despite how I really want to be so hopefully this gets resolved peacefully.

It's truly ridiculous, I've watched them go from $3, to $6, to...... since I've been smoking.  I miss those days when I would just scrounge up my spare change in my car to buy a pack.

It's like gas. I remember when I started driving it was around $1.00 per gallon...

Also, I just went over 1,000 posts and I am giving away a free record in the sale/trade/wants section.  I won a free record in a contest here on VC and thought I'd give back to the community as celebration of it/my 1000th post.  :P

Congrats on the Centennial mark.

I saw your contest but I didn't enter because I assumed you might be giving away the album you won...in which case I would feel shitty if I won since I won the 7" from the same contest..

Congrats on the Centennial mark.

I saw your contest but I didn't enter because I assumed you might be giving away the album you won...in which case I would feel shitty if I won since I won the 7" from the same contest..

Haha, no I'm not giving that one away.  I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm planning on keeping that one for sure.  It would be awesome if it was waiting for me at home today.  :D

Congrats on the 1000

Thanks!  Been here as a member for about 6 months now.  I see you got yours much quicker.

It's like gas. I remember when I started driving it was around $1.00 per gallon...

I remember in the summer of '97 and '98 gas dipped to 65 cents a gallon. We road tripped all over the damn place and I only worked for about $6/hr a few days a week. I never felt broke. I've often lamented that with minimum wage not coming close to the rate of inflation combined with the insane rise in gas prices that there is a whole generation that are missing out on a great American rite of passage. Road tripping, seeing this country or just getting out beyond the confines of your home area should be essential. In fact, they breed a curiosity and adventurous side that pays dividends in experience. I cringe to think of how so many fewer kids out there are getting these experiences. It's sad to me. 

I remember in the summer of '97 and '98 gas dipped to 65 cents a gallon. We road tripped all over the damn place and I only worked for about $6/hr a few days a week. I never felt broke. I've often lamented that with minimum wage not coming close to the rate of inflation combined with the insane rise in gas prices that there is a whole generation that are missing out on a great American rite of passage. Road tripping, seeing this country or just getting out beyond the confines of your home area should be essential. In fact, they breed a curiosity and adventurous side that pays dividends in experience. I cringe to think of how so many fewer kids out there are getting these experiences. It's sad to me. 

Agreed, When I was a teenager (not that long ago really) I could have a ridiculous amount of fun for $20. Now that barely buys me a decent lunch.

Yeah...all my stupid wrestler stuff really rocketed me up in posts. Imagine if I hadn't taken a uh...week long... vacation.

Haha, yep I check the thread that all those gifs got posted into, so I def remember seeing those.  But no need to start anything up, I know it's a thing of the past now.  ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic