Man, did I tell you guys last week abut my douche manager. I am a full time student/ stay at home dad. I took this one day a week record store job for the deals, and I do work very hard at it, straightening the store, talking to customers, ect. Last weekend was Memorial day weekend, and we were suppose to have a profitable week. So the assbag comes up to me and was like, "Last weekend we did not do too good." I told him that stinks, town was slow blah blah blah. Well he tells me he re-watched the camera and said I was talking too much to the other employee (who I hate, and wouldn't start a conversation with on a good day) and I tend to favor one corner of the store too much. As if my one 8 hour shift that week was why we did not do good. I even personally made sales that would not have happened had I not been there. So I asked some other employees if they got reemed by this snot slurper, and they were like, "no." What is his deal with me? I work my ass off. Right before he told me all this he spent 45 minutes looking at baseball cards on ebay, and making two personal phone calls on the business phone about said baseball cards. That fart snorter can kiss my ass man. I open that store by myself and get it ready for the day after he strolls in 1 hour late constantly.

He needs to not micromanage. I hate when bosses breathe down your neck and tear apart every single detail. All it does is make me want to do less work because what's the point?

Exactly! This is something I had to learn. I now do my best to train effectively and then look for teaching or retraining opportunities in my associate's sales floor behavior. Furthermore you can't beef about wasting time when you are doing so yourself smh

Man, did I tell you guys last week abut my douche manager. I am a full time student/ stay at home dad. I took this one day a week record store job for the deals, and I do work very hard at it, straightening the store, talking to customers, ect. Last weekend was Memorial day weekend, and we were suppose to have a profitable week. So the assbag comes up to me and was like, "Last weekend we did not do too good." I told him that stinks, town was slow blah blah blah. Well he tells me he re-watched the camera and said I was talking too much to the other employee (who I hate, and wouldn't start a conversation with on a good day) and I tend to favor one corner of the store too much. As if my one 8 hour shift that week was why we did not do good. I even personally made sales that would not have happened had I not been there. So I asked some other employees if they got reemed by this snot slurper, and they were like, "no." What is his deal with me? I work my ass off. Right before he told me all this he spent 45 minutes looking at baseball cards on ebay, and making two personal phone calls on the business phone about said baseball cards. That fart snorter can kiss my ass man. I open that store by myself and get it ready for the day after he strolls in 1 hour late constantly.

Sometimes homeboy just has it out for you. I had a job at a coffeeshop like that once. People would piss around all day, he himself would just pop in occasionally and sit around chatting with regulars (that part I didn't mind, that's what you have to do as an owner/manager.) but he never said anything to them.

But shit, if he didn't end up firing me for not sweeping the leaves around the door enough.

It's like...it's fall in upstate New York, brother. There're gonna be leaves not matter how much I sweep.

My direct supervisor quit in protest a week later and hired me at another place.

Sometimes homeboy just has it out for you. I had a job at a coffeeshop like that once. People would piss around all day, he himself would just pop in occasionally and sit around chatting with regulars (that part I didn't mind, that's what you have to do as an owner/manager.) but he never said anything to them.

But shit, if he didn't end up firing me for not sweeping the leaves around the door enough.

It's like...it's fall in upstate New York, brother. There're gonna be leaves not matter how much I sweep.

My direct supervisor quit in protest a week later and hired me at another place.

I had a boss who hated me and I snapped back at her and then she started to treat me with respect. I could have gotten fired but I was headed that way anyway. You're right, sometimes they just don't like you. I think she just hated new people.

Well, here is my thing. I know he gets it from the owner, and has to dish it out to somebody. Well he is a cowardly lion, and does not have the guts to put the blame where it needs to be. I felt like I was being watched the whole time I was working and my mind was not on the job at all. That favored corner he mentioned, I did not go to that corner of the store once the rest of the shift. So, since I am one of those types that is overly nice, and you may find me apologizing for passing someone in the store to get what I want, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE DUMB SHITS WHO DO NOT HAVE THEIR SHIT TOGETHER WITH NO CLUE WHAT TO BUY AND MOUTH BREATH ALL OVER THE PRINGLES LIKE THEY NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE. So, I figure he puts it on me, because I'll take it, but he's about to get 5 feet 11 inches of pure JoTo fury! Who watched security tape of the weekend just to see how I did in my 8 hour shift? Either way, phone interview for a job tomorrow making way more than him. Hope I get it so I can duck out on his ass in the middle of a shift.

I ordered something with Amazon Prime this past Tuesday and I didn't receive my order today (supposed to be two-day shipping).

If I remember correctly, they give you a free month of Prime when something doesn't show up when it was supposed to.  Things always show up on time unless a package gets handed off to USPS, then it's usually a day late.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic