Haha, yep I check the thread that all those gifs got posted into, so I def remember seeing those.  But no need to start anything up, I know it's a thing of the past now.  ;)

Good, good, good. Again, sorry abou the wrestling thing, everyone. Got caught up.

I won't mention it again.

I remember in the summer of '97 and '98 gas dipped to 65 cents a gallon. We road tripped all over the damn place and I only worked for about $6/hr a few days a week. I never felt broke. I've often lamented that with minimum wage not coming close to the rate of inflation combined with the insane rise in gas prices that there is a whole generation that are missing out on a great American rite of passage. Road tripping, seeing this country or just getting out beyond the confines of your home area should be essential. In fact, they breed a curiosity and adventurous side that pays dividends in experience. I cringe to think of how so many fewer kids out there are getting these experiences. It's sad to me. 

I remember that summer. I did the same damn thing. Filled up the tank of my '68 VW Bug, grabbed a friend and drove from San Francisco to Seattle along the coast. I remember the cost of a tank of gas not being an issue and most of the time there was enough change in the ashtray to get you where you were going.

You can't put a price on road tripping either. All the windows open, cassette tapes all over the car just waiting to get played, random hole in the wall bars and restaurants along the way. Such a blast.

I remember that summer. I did the same damn thing. Filled up the tank of my '68 VW Bug, grabbed a friend and drove from San Francisco to Seattle along the coast. I remember the cost of a tank of gas not being an issue and most of the time there was enough change in the ashtray to get you where you were going.

You can't put a price on road tripping either. All the windows open, cassette tapes all over the car just waiting to get played, random hole in the wall bars and restaurants along the way. Such a blast.

Hell yea!  I have so many good road trip memories back when gas was super cheap.  My parents didn't let me get my license till I was almost 18 so when I finally did get it, MAN I DROVE EVERYWHERE.  I put over 200k miles on my car in 3-4 years driving all over the country.  I miss cheap gas, cassette tapes littered all over my car and driving with the windows down.  Good times. 

Yo. Is anyone thinking about getting a new credit card...cuz...I got an email from Chase about how if I sign people up I get $50 cash back for each person that signs up/uses it and they give you $200 cash back when you spend your first $500 on it.

PM me if you're down.

Quick question and feel free to tell me if these questions aren't supposed to be in this thread but I need some advice

The dude who only sent me half the album said he would refund half my money. He said he won't give a refund. I only paid $20 but I never would have done that if I knew it was half. Also, I specially asked if it was the full album and he said yes

It's not a lot of money but he is kind of being a jerk at this point. What happens if I open up a dispute? I've never done that before.

Your lady sounds like a CATCH dude! She did something else awesome for you a while back if I remember correctly.

I remember you talking earlier about how bad your day was, I'm glad things have improved! Like, really really improved! She sounds awesome!

Thanks guys! She's such a keeper. She said "I got it out of the car ASAP so it wouldn't warp". So cute :D

Quick question and feel free to tell me if these questions aren't supposed to be in this thread but I need some advice

The dude who only sent me half the album said he would refund half my money. He said he won't give a refund. I only paid $20 but I never would have done that if I knew it was half. Also, I specially asked if it was the full album and he said yes

It's not a lot of money but he is kind of being a jerk at this point. What happens if I open up a dispute? I've never done that before.

The Black Parade deluxe edition came with 2 gatefolds. Clearly he's assumed he had two copies of the record (both gatefolds are very similar) and only sent you one.

If I were you, I'd explain this to him and that the record is useless without the other half, and therefore not what you purchased from him. Explain that if he doesn't offer a full refund, you'll file a dispute. Ebay/Paypal will absolutely take your side on this, so whether he voluntarily refunds you or not, you'll definitely get your money back.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Do you have a link to the listing?

The Black Parade deluxe edition came with 2 gatefolds. Clearly he's assumed he had two copies of the record (both gatefolds are very similar) and only sent you one.

If I were you, I'd explain this to him and that the record is useless without the other half, and therefore not what you purchased from him. Explain that if he doesn't offer a full refund, you'll file a dispute. Ebay/Paypal will absolutely take your side on this, so whether he voluntarily refunds you or not, you'll definitely get your money back.

Hope that helps!

^This is exactly what you should do.

Leaving for Seattle/Portland/Oregon coast on the 14th.  Even though I'm always broke since I'm a university student, I make sure to do one decent road trip every summer.  Gas prices suck, lodging prices suck, sleeping in your car is free, but sucks.  But there's just something about being on a random road in the middle of nowhere with your best friends with the windows down blasting music and smoking a cigarette, even though I don't usually ever smoke,  that makes it all worth it.  Or exploring a new city and having no idea where you're going.  I'll have no money when I get back, but I know it'll be worth it.  I love road trips.  

Also, why the fuck are hostels $35 a night in Seattle?  So lame.  We have a motel booked on the coast right next to the ocean that's cheaper than that.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. Here is the link. http://m.ebay.com/itm/111368223176?nav=WON&trxId=0

We talked in a personal message through ebay and he told me it was the full album.

He decided to refund me half and I responded saying I wanted the full amount because refunding me half doesn't fix the fact that I've spent any amount of money on half an album

I bought the first LP of Modest Mouse's Lonesome Crowded West last summer for super cheap. I'm just waiting for a cheap 2nd LP to pop up so I can complete the set.

Yeah, I could see doing something like that. Or if your side c/d gets a bad scratch, but your a/b is in good shape and you find a good deal on the half you need.

Thanks. Here is the link. http://m.ebay.com/itm/111368223176?nav=WON&trxId=0

We talked in a personal message through ebay and he told me it was the full album.

He decided to refund me half and I responded saying I wanted the full amount because refunding me half doesn't fix the fact that I've spent any amount of money on half an album

Yeah, so it looks like he's definitely sold you one half of the deluxe, and the other half to someone else.

I would even suggest that he's done it knowingly, since the record was priced so cheaply. (You usually can't find it for under $150).

HOWEVER, His entire listing is misleading, and given that you have the PM from him telling you that it's the entire album, that's all you need to progress with a dispute. Let him know that if you don't receive a full refund (plus the cost of the postage for returning the record to him), you'll take it to a dispute.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could always try and find the person who bought the other half of the album and offer to buy their half.

The other person who bought the other half is going to be mad too. Or maybe I'm just complaining over something stupid. I don't really know. I think if he was nice about it and admitted he made a mistake then I would be okay but he's being really rude.

Was the other half $20 too? Cuz....that would have been a steal to just grab both. (had you known they were only half records.)

I've found the other listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Chemical-Romance-vinyl-12-034-record-034-Black-Parade-034-/111368222078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ee10357e&nma=true&si=UNUm1RgKdXSdV8sDj9%252Bvn69vPWI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The photo is of the same disc from your listing. So I have no idea what this guy is playing at. He's definitely shady. I'd take it to dispute as soon as poss.

Yeah, so it looks like he's definitely sold you one half of the deluxe, and the other half to someone else.

I would even suggest that he's done it knowingly, since the record was priced so cheaply. (You usually can't find it for under $150).

HOWEVER, His entire listing is misleading, and given that you have the PM from him telling you that it's the entire album, that's all you need to progress with a dispute. Let him know that if you don't receive a full refund (plus the cost of the postage for returning the record to him), you'll take it to a dispute.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could always try and find the person who bought the other half of the album and offer to buy their half.

Thank you for your help! I was pretty convinced it was a bootleg because it was so cheap and only on one lp instead of 2. I'll see what he says to me wanting a full refund. I'm sure he will be an ass

Sorry to everyone for taking over the board :(

I've found the other listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Chemical-Romance-vinyl-12-034-record-034-Black-Parade-034-/111368222078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ee10357e&nma=true&si=UNUm1RgKdXSdV8sDj9%252Bvn69vPWI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The photo is of the same disc from your listing. So I have no idea what this guy is playing at. He's definitely shady. I'd take it to dispute as soon as poss.

Is there anyway to find out who bought the other half?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic