Evening Small Talk!  Don't have much to contribute except that I had a good second day at work, came home to the CODY box set and the John Darnielle book.  I also bought a whole lot of groceries.  I also spelled Darnielle properly on the first try!

Let me know how that Darnielle book is. I'm pretty interested in it.

------

My local shop posted a photo of a trade in they got tonight. There's a copy of Guided By Voices' Bee Thousand in it. Hopefully it's there when I get off work tomorrow and it's not too expensive.

Oooh that's really cool! Where are you located? the scenery is gorgeous in this movie!

I think the one place I would really like to visit is the Stanley hotel. I WONT GO ALONE! Lol. I think it would be a cool place though.

Sorry to backtrack to yesterday, but I live in Estes Park where the Stanley is. VC meet up would be rad.

Let me know how that Darnielle book is. I'm pretty interested in it.

------

My local shop posted a photo of a trade in they got tonight. There's a copy of Guided By Voices' Bee Thousand in it. Hopefully it's there when I get off work tomorrow and it's not too expensive.

Will do!  I'm actually in need of a book to read, so I'll probably start it in the next week or two.

Hopefully you can get that Bee Thousand for a decent price, that LP keeps getting more expensive every time I see it on eBay.  I'm hoping for a back catalogue repress someday, particularly of that and Vampire on Titus.

Also, I just rearranged my record collection so it's divided up by:

Genre:Artist:Chronological (where I remembered well enough to do that. I'll fix the ones that are wrong at some point.)

What will happen when you get a record that does not fall in a 'precise' genre? Like Zappa, Mr Bungle, Beefheart records?

Or Exit 13 playing jazz songs?

I just made up a list of things I'm gonna sell.  Not sure if I'll put them on here or just ebay them.  Some things have fetched high prices recently, so I'm driven to do that, but I like selling to people on here.

I sold a few things on the weekend. Was seriously expecting to get around £15 for them, and they guy offered me £40 trade in value. I got a good bunch of new stuff and made (a little) space on my shelves.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic