But that was more of what was cool back then too. Like pop punk was IN back then. I listened to Man Overboard, Transit, The Wonder Years my Freshman and Sophomore years (14 -15) 2010-2012 and personally I just grew away from it and came into Emo, and Indie general. My friends and I listen to Arctic Monkeys, Foals and shit like that. I don't know anyone my age that listens to pop punk any more unless their "scene", we listen to emo now but no so much pop punk. It's not popular in my age group anymore, I go back and Listen to Before We Met, and Suburbia for nostalgia purposes, but would hesitate downloading new pop punk. Like I loved the Neck Deep EPs but skipped the full length as it just didn't tickle my fancy anymore. Like I haven't listened to Happiness Is since I got it honestly it was okay but like most pop punk just forgettable.

TL;DR

On Wednesdays I have to start work at 3am with this lady who has to constantly tell me how her grandkids wear her out. I want to say "lady, you wear me out" but then we would work in awkward silence... But at least there would be silence? Wednesdays are no fun.

At one meeting she sat next to me and started showing me a TON of photos of her grandkids so then I started showing her a TON of photos of my dog and then she stopped! Fucking hilarious.

I sound like an asshole. :(

On Wednesdays I have to start work at 3am with this lady who has to constantly tell me how her grandkids wear her out. I want to say "lady, you wear me out" but then we would work in awkward silence... But at least there would be silence? Wednesdays are no fun.

At one meeting she sat next to me and started showing me a TON of photos of her grandkids so then I started showing her a TON of photos of my dog and then she stopped! Fucking hilarious.

I sound like an asshole. :(

TL;DR

Pop punk isn't as popular as it used to be, and died out with the scene phase I like many others just grew away from that as we grew as people. Listening the new popular is boring because there's nothing there to capture my attention. The only kids pop punk is really popular with as in it's their staple genre, are scene kids 

haha had to.  I had a boss that had grandkids and toy dogs and she wouldn't shut the hell up about them.  I don't like small dogs unless they're corgis, beagles, bulldogs, and dachshunds.

Most of those seem medium sized to me...seems like you just don't like small dogs. SIZIST.

Pop punk isn't as popular as it used to be, and died out with the scene phase I like many others just grew away from that as we grew as people. Listening the new popular is boring because there's nothing there to capture my attention. The only kids pop punk is really popular with as in it's their staple genre, are scene kids

What do you define as scene kids? When I think of them, I think metalcore and Tumblr.

So, this was my FAVORITE song when I was little. 

Except I thought it was "I'M A VEG, I'M A LOVER, I'M A CHILD, I'M A MOTHER."

Family still makes fun of me for it. 

I also thought the words to that Savage Garden song were "I want to lay with you on a mountain, I want to bake with you in the sea."

I'm never going to live it down but clearly I was a lyrical genius at the age of 6.

EDIT: 

Better yet, both those songs were from 1997. I was a lyrical genius at the age of 4.

So, this was my FAVORITE song when I was little. 

Except I thought it was "I'M A VEG, I'M A LOVER, I'M A CHILD, I'M A MOTHER."

Family still makes fun of me for it. 

I also thought the words to that Savage Garden song were "I want to lay with you on a mountain, I want to bake with you in the sea."

I'm never going to live it down but clearly I was a lyrical genius at the age of 6.

EDIT: 

Better yet, both those songs were from 1997. I was a lyrical genius at the age of 4.

The most awkward wedding I have ever been to story:

During the "candle lighting" ceremony they had a friend of theirs come up to sing that Savage garden song. It was to a karaoke track, and she was an awfullllll singer. And to top it off, the bride and groom lit the candle within the first few seconds of her singing the ENTIRE song. They were kind of awkward people already, so they just stood there...

After she was done singing, it was completely silent and nobody moved. So I started clapping, since she technically finished a "performance" right? It was the slow clap that didn't catch on... So then my co-workers and I were in this battling the giggles fit. It was awful. 

Most of those seem medium sized to me...seems like you just don't like small dogs. SIZIST.

I am indifferent to yorkshires.  I held some pups when my coworker's dog had them.  That was tight.  I mainly prefer a dog that I can play with and I haven't experienced that with most of the smaller breeds I've come across.  There's nothing like a lab or retriever.

Yessssss ginger made the cut!! Jon's dog made the cut too. And I think so did frank.

We used to have a Pomeranian. That little yappy bark drove me insane. Never again!!

My cousin has a dachshund that is absolutely awesome.  And Frank rules.

I am indifferent to yorkshires.  I held some pups when my coworker's dog had them.  That was tight.  I mainly prefer a dog that I can play with and I haven't experienced that with most of the smaller breeds I've come across.  There's nothing like a lab or retriever.

My cousin has a dachshund that is absolutely awesome.  And Frank rules.

Don't worry, I'm more of a medium to large sized dog fan myself.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic