I decided to stay in tonight to spin records, drink, and do some cleaning around the house since the wind chill is -20 out here right now.

After a couple beers, I ended up in this thread and I just wanted to say I think it's so weird that I only know so many of you by your avatars/names and when they change, I don't know you anymore. I find that real fascinating. It's so interesting to see photos of some of you.

That being said, I know I have some sort of reputation here, but I think most people here are good people, and I'd like to get to know more of you.

Hope ya'll having a good night. I'm spinning some Discount records and drinking some whisky right now. :)

I like you dude! My name is Blade. If I recall, you run a label? Which?

I decided to stay in tonight to spin records, drink, and do some cleaning around the house since the wind chill is -20 out here right now.

This is my night, save for the cleaning part.  I wasn't planning on drinking, but my boss bought a bunch of beer around 5 and drinking is better than actually working.

I grew a beard because I was unable to in my youth and then I was not allowed to for six years. Still can't grow anything on the sides of my face  <_<

I can't grow a beard still and at this point I don't think I'll ever be able too :(

I'm sure we would get along. I see your frequent TMR a lot. TMR is what got me into collecting records, even if I have sold off a lot of my vault releases over the past few months. I do have every copy of Elephant, minus AU (one day), since it is in my top 3 favorite albums of all time.

Yeah, I love the TMR stuff. i don't think I could ever sell my vault stuff. That being said, there's a lot of crazy TMR die-hards out there. I definitely slowed down on buying stuff from them.

I like you dude! My name is Blade. If I recall, you run a label? Which?

dreamover records. hah.

though I haven't put anything out in a while. It's definitely more of a hobby than anything else. I used to have a job where I could sit at a computer all day and work on things plus a lot of free time. Not so much anymore, plus I went back to school, so I'm going to school full time and working full time. I love my job now though, so I don't really need to fill the void in my life with putting out records. hah. That, and I don't really have the time or energy to work on new projects. One of these days though...

After a couple beers, I ended up in this thread and I just wanted to say I think it's so weird that I only know so many of you by your avatars/names and when they change, I don't know you anymore. I find that real fascinating. It's so interesting to see photos of some of you.

That being said, I know I have some sort of reputation here, but I think most people here are good people, and I'd like to get to know more of you.

Hope ya'll having a good night. I'm spinning some Discount records and drinking some whisky right now. :)

Hello, I am Bruce Willis. Star of such films as Die Hard. Die Hard 2: Die Harder, and Die Hard With A Vengeance.

I have died, hard.

(But really, my name is Kevin. I get drunk and sad. Sometimes I say things that are funny.)

Yes!!! I love going through old pics and seeing all of the different hair I had over the years. I miss all of it. I grew up and got boring. All of this reminiscing makes me want to dye my hair. 

haha yes! pretty much all of my old photos are back at home, so definitely missing some major hair phases, including blue streaks (terrible terrible idea. i just looked moldy) and purple tips. i also had a really extensive red hair phase that i have no photos of on hand. funny enough, i feel like looking at them also kind of messes with your head a bit because looking back, you can look like totally different people within a few months.

and you totally should! 

ok here we go.  

let's start with me at like 8ish years old

16241870312_12fc8cf86f.jpg

12ish with orange hair

16055164248_e6e052b499.jpg

14, long black hair, grilling hardcore at warped tour

15622814073_091a82365e.jpg

15ish, short dark brown hair

16056558809_bfb78c8c6e.jpg

(insert emo photo from earlier)

(wouldn't fit in one post, so here's pt 2)

freshman year of college, shortest my hair has ever been

16241883032_86978a26e2.jpg

16056558679_e743b3b271.jpg

20ish, half blonde, half black

16056558709_1e8f755212.jpg

when i panicked at the prospect of job-hunting and dyed my hair all brown right after college 

16055151268_38e8ba6236_o.jpg

2011 went blonde/orange/black for halloween (i was firefox) 

16240945251_034bb8865b.jpg

then went pink

16056975327_3e94f08b91.jpg

and stayed pink

16056693289_49fef8af39.jpg

wow, that was exhausting.

Hello, I am Bruce Willis. Star of such films as Die Hard. Die Hard 2: Die Harder, and Die Hard With A Vengeance.

I have died, hard.

(But really, my name is Kevin. I get drunk and sad. Sometimes I say things that are funny.)

Weren't you also faced with the choice of living free or dying hard?

i'm a fan! haha

psych-shawn-gus-fist-bumps.gif

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic