I feel like I'm missing out!  Give me a good starting point.

A lot of people's favorite is Madvillain - Madvillainy, but I'm partial to the album I just picked up. King Geedorah - Take Me To Your Leader.

(he's gone under a couple names/collabs almost always have a different name)

I'll download both of them and give them a listen on Monday.  I've always been curious, but never really dove in.  Seeing you guys all talk about it sparked my interested.

His beats are my favorite part, but I love his mumbly rhyme delivery too. I think it's on Take Me To Your Leader, but he samples the Twin Peaks theme and its fucking incredibleeeeeee.

CHOLLY I AM SO SORRY. Also, Jon, Madvillainy is a great start, of you like old Adult Swim shows, get DANGERDOOM, the King Geedorah, then tackle his MF DOOM albums.

Yeah, DangerDoom is another fan favorite...I never recommend it, because it's pretty low on my list of favorites. It's solid enough though.

Hey guys. I'm sure you want a break from the ETR nonsense, but it's tearing me up inside that i can't reply to that turd burglar yet.

ahh... just had to get that out. carry on.

hahaha!

I remember the first time I saw one of my cats straight up murder something. Shit was traumatizing.

He didn't even eat that chipmunk :(

My dog pinned a rat in my yard once.  I ran over there and pull him off of it.  No idea what he planned to do with it, but it was the first time I saw him be ferocious.

His beats are my favorite part, but I love his mumbly rhyme delivery too. I think it's on Take Me To Your Leader, but he samples the Twin Peaks theme and its fucking incredibleeeeeee.

Saying this made me realize why I don't love DangerDoom. The beats.

I have listened to DANGERDOOM actually.  All the Adult Swim samples kind of ruined it for me actually (if I'm remembering it correctly).  I do like AS stuff, but any heavy TV/movie sampling in music wears on me pretty quickly.

Also this.

Hey guys. I'm sure you want a break from the ETR nonsense, but it's tearing me up inside that i can't reply to that turd burglar yet.

ahh... just had to get that out. carry on.

i'm reading the whole thread through for the first time. i been gone a long time, i guess.

trying not to take sides yet (it's like starting a new, critically acclaimed movie!) but i already have a predisposed distaste for ross because he's largely illiterate and he never replied to the one PM i sent him.

i'm reading the whole thread through for the first time. i been gone a long time, i guess.

trying not to take sides yet (it's like starting a new, critically acclaimed movie!) but i already have a predisposed distaste for ross because he's largely illiterate and he never replied when i PM'd him once.

grab a couple beers. you probably won't want to get up. :|

Yyyyyyuck!

Also, speaking of cats, my little guy Charlie is going to be in a book! The gal photographing was talking about giving him 4 pages and making him "the centerfold" ha!

i saw your post earlier and meant to comment. carli's awesome! i worked with her for a feature on her shake book at my old job. i'm actually pretty jealous right now. 

I remember the first time I saw one of my cats straight up murder something. Shit was traumatizing.

He didn't even eat that chipmunk :(

oh man. so traumatizing. it's like...how can you be so cute and sweet and so fucking evil at the same time? i straight up saw my cat eat a mouse whole once and it blew my mind. but as bad as that was, the scene the other night was even worse. he killed and fully disemboweled a mouse and then just left it for me to deal with. i guess that means he loves me?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic