Random question that I'd like some feedback on..

A user here had a contest on here a number of months ago where they asked for people to go on facebook and like a certain photo so that they could win a contest. In exchange for your vote/like you were entered in a raffle to win some records of the hosts choice from their personal collection. I happened to win that raffle/contest. I got a PM shortly after asking for my shipping info and that I'd be receiving the records shortly. A while passed and I realized one day that I never got the records. I shot the person a PM asking about it and never got a response. I honestly don't really care about receiving the records at all. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the user wasn't truthful and used a contest/raffle to their benefit and didn't hold up their end of the deal. This user has one shady instance of selling/trading that went south outside of this. Is this something worth leaving them neutral feedback for?

Random question that I'd like some feedback on..

A user here had a contest on here a number of months ago where they asked for people to go on facebook and like a certain photo so that they could win a contest. In exchange for your vote/like you were entered in a raffle to win some records of the hosts choice from their personal collection. I happened to win that raffle/contest. I got a PM shortly after asking for my shipping info and that I'd be receiving the records shortly. A while passed and I realized one day that I never got the records. I shot the person a PM asking about it and never got a response. I honestly don't really care about receiving the records at all. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the user wasn't truthful and used a contest/raffle to their benefit and didn't hold up their end of the deal. This user has one shady instance of selling/trading that went south outside of this. Is this something worth leaving them neutral feedback for?

I'd have a hard time leaving feedback in that instance.  It wasn't a true transaction.  Sure it's shitty to not follow through, but I don't think I'd leave feedback on that.  Just my opinion though.

I guess I agree. I always sort of want people to get called out for bullshit like that but in this case, though ethically dubious, it wasn't a failed transaction. If they make another thread asking for a similar community effort than that would be an appropriate place to put them on blast.

I'd have a hard time leaving feedback in that instance.  It wasn't a true transaction.  Sure it's shitty to not follow through, but I don't think I'd leave feedback on that.  Just my opinion though.

In a way, it was a transaction though. A vote/like in exchange for an entry which lead to winnings. Maybe thats a reach? I don't know. Kind of seems like not following through on a trade. 

In a way, it was a transaction though. A vote/like in exchange for an entry which lead to winnings. Maybe thats a reach? I don't know. Kind of seems like not following through on a trade. 

I think if you can find the thread, bump it calling them out.  But that's me, and I'm kind of an asshole.

Man I just can't keep up in here when I'm flying.

Just wanted to make sure you saw the first bunch of bands got named for Eaux Claire Fest.  Bunch of mid / smaller bands.

Low / Doomtree / Lizzo / Polica / Haley Bonar / Allan Kingdom / Marijuana Deathsquads / Blind Boys of Alabama / Tallest Man on Earth / Charles Bradley / Sylvan Esso / Boys Noize / Field Report / Melt-Banana / Aero Flynn / Colin Stetson / Liturgy / S. Carey / Phox / Frances & the Lights / Sam Amidon / Megafaun’s Phil Cook

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic