That is seriously so cringe worthy.

Everything this kid did was cringe worthy. He once made a sandwich for a customer, and the customer didn't want any vegetables on it. Kip told him that the sandwich would be gross without vegetables. The guy told him he didn't want any and started walking to the register. Kip then stuffed some spinach on the sandwich and wrapped it up really quick. Kip was a trainwreck.

OK sidebar... My boss is currently locked in his office with Father Russia and they're yelling about this extra charge.  Sometimes my boss can be so condescending.  He called his partner (they own the office together) and called FR a plumber right in front of him.  He's not a plumber... why you gotta do that?  The poor guy is trying to get paid and my boss is being a dick about it.  He's explaining how he's contracted by Sears and they take 60% of the cost of the work when he's performing it 100% by himself.

He was like "You wanna switch jobs?  I'll do your job and you can do mine, you wear my dirty clothes.  I have homeless people come up to my window when I'm at a red light and ask for change and they're dressed better than me.  They should give ME money!"  I feel really bad. =\  Who knew this saga would have a plot twist where I would first be scared of him, then sympathize for him.

been trapped at my desk for many hours now. its unseasonable warm outside today.

i darted for the fire escape out back...just to get a hint of sunlight; fresh air.

i opened the door. it was like that moment in The Perfect Storm when they are in the eye of the hurricane...

sunny, calm.

then someone called my name.

it got cloudy again.

I worked at nestle cookie cafe in college and we would make this fucking monstrosity of a cookie sandwich. 2 full size cookies, with a large size ice cream scoop of frosting pressed in between them. then rolled in sprinkles.

Mmmmm, they have like 5 of those in my mall. And I pretty much always have to get one of those m&m cookie sandwiches with all the frosting in the middle. That shit is soooo good

I take it he didn't win the arguement over the $435?

Time to cut hours!

LOL yeah right.  He owns a BMW, just paid it off.  So what does he do?  Turns around and buys a Porsche for himself and a Camaro for his wife.

He was ~negotiating with the guy and settled on $300.  As he was going out to give the guy the check (He was leaving and wanted to make sure the guy was gone before leaving me alone again), I heard a sound... I went to the new water heater only to find one of the valves at the top hissing and leaking all over the place.  So I went outside and learned it was snowing... a lot.  I told my boss as he's giving the check to the dude and they both came back inside so he could fix the issue.  Then he told me to leave bc the roads were getting messy.  So I left.

apply to 10+ jobs in california: no response

apply to 1 job in NC: response

i am happy and sad at this turn of events.

My gf is having this problem also, she can't get a response from anywhere. But I told her no one wants to hire and train someone the weeks before Christmas and that she'll have better luck after the new year :-/

My gf is having this problem also, she can't get a response from anywhere. But I told her no one wants to hire and train someone the weeks before Christmas and that she'll have better luck after the new year :-/

i really want to move to San Jose, so of course the one NC place would be the one to get back to me, haha

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic