I made a lot of credit mistakes when I was younger, and still have some debts floating out there I haven't paid/won't pay/refuse to pay (out of principle of them fucking me over). When the lady and I got out car loan a few years ago, my credit def started to improve greatly.  Now, I can actually apply for a credit card, and get accepted...before it was an instant hell no.  I just paid off one of my bigger cards last week, so i'm pretty happy.  I know my score has improved GREATLY. I'm actually at a 750, and I think I used to be in negatives....lol

I made a lot of credit mistakes when I was younger, and still have some debts floating out there I haven't paid/won't pay/refuse to pay (out of principle of them fucking me over). When the lady and I got out car loan a few years ago, my credit def started to improve greatly.  Now, I can actually apply for a credit card, and get accepted...before it was an instant hell no.  I just paid off one of my bigger cards last week, so i'm pretty happy.  I know my score has improved GREATLY. I'm actually at a 750, and I think I used to be in negatives....lol

I'm afraid of having more credit cards because

THE HOBBY!!!

It absolutely frightens me.

I'm afraid of having more credit cards because

THE HOBBY!!!

It absolutely frightens me.

Oh, just because I CAN get cards, doesn't mean I will.  I currently owe nothing on any of my active cards, which i'm thrilled about, but I don't plan on racking up any more debt for quite some time.

Before buying my house I made sure that my credit score was above 750 so I made sure I got a top notch rate.

Since the move I've racked up copious amounts of debt.  Getting stuff furniture and tools and normal household essentials for a home helped me toss money around like I've never done before.  The good thing is there isn't much of anything else I obviously need now, so I can work on paying down my credit cards.

Great things!

I just made my last payment to Discover for my credit card debt.

Yesterday I received my federal tax return, so my Disney vacation in October is officially paid for thanks to that.

The only debt I have presently, aside from monthly expenses, is my car payment! I'm so excited.

Hell yeah! Thats awesome!

I assume my credit score is so low it's not even a number, just a sad face emoticon.

I've been there. Seriously. I couldn't open a checking account with Bank of America. In other terms:

My credit score was SO LOW the bank refused to let me give them my money.

Frankly I was embarrassed.

It's awful, The Penguin. They know they will get us that way. And they DO.

I've stopped using it because paypal is evil.  I don't like linking my bank account so at first I was sending them in checks for payment.  What pissed me off something fierce was that they just wait weeks to cash your check making sure that payment is late and then they can charge you a ton of fees.

They got me with my first payment in January.  It was due on the 14th or something.  They confirmed that they recieved it on the the 3rd or 4th of January but didn't cash it till January 23rd.  Due to that fact I got charge fees and an increase in APR on the purchases and I lost the 6 months no interest.  Mother fuckers.  I'm still arguing it but its going nowhere.

Now when I pay I go buy a paypal gift card at Dollar General.

I've stopped using it because paypal is evil.  I don't like linking my bank account so at first I was sending them in checks for payment.  What pissed me off something fierce was that they just wait weeks to cash your check making sure that payment is late and then they can charge you a ton of fees.

They got me with my first payment in January.  It was due on the 14th or something.  They confirmed that they recieved it on the the 3rd or 4th of January but didn't cash it till January 23rd.  Due to that fact I got charge fees and an increase in APR on the purchases and I lost the 6 months no interest.  Mother fuckers.  I'm still arguing it but its going nowhere.

Now when I pay I go buy a paypal gift card at Dollar General.

Fuck that noise. I would slap a bitch.

So these are worth it? I've thought about them as a way to circumvent paypal and using my bank account online (we all know how safe the internet isn't).

Fuck that noise. I would slap a bitch.

So these are worth it? I've thought about them as a way to circumvent paypal and using my bank account online (we all know how safe the internet isn't).

It does cost $4 for a card but I've been trying to pay $500 a month so it's a small price to pay.

For me the big reason I don't want to link my checking account is I've always been nervous of a bad transaction on ebay leading to them taking money out of my checking account.  Years back on old accounts I was selling off some DVDs.  A guy said he never got it.  I checked his feedback and over the past few days he had multiple comments about him filling Did Not Receive requests with ebay.  I brought that up and still he won his Did Not Receive request.  I didn't have money in paypal so they took the money from my checking account.  

Since then I've made sure I'd never deal with that hassle again.   Hence why I'm the weirdo that won't link a bank account. 

It does cost $4 for a card but I've been trying to pay $500 a month so it's a small price to pay.

For me the big reason I don't want to link my checking account is I've always been nervous of a bad transaction on ebay leading to them taking money out of my checking account.  Years back on old accounts I was selling off some DVDs.  A guy said he never got it.  I checked his feedback and over the past few days he had multiple comments about him filling Did Not Receive requests with ebay.  I brought that up and still he won his Did Not Receive request.  I didn't have money in paypal so they took the money from my checking account.  

Since then I've made sure I'd never deal with that hassle again.   Hence why I'm the weirdo that won't link a bank account. 

I don't judge, I was considering the same thing. Not necessarily for the same reasons. My wife gets really bummed when she sees my bank account activity, so I thought this would be a good way to avoid PayPal showing up in my checking account every couple weeks.

How do you load the card?

I don't judge, I was considering the same thing. Not necessarily for the same reasons. My wife gets really bummed when she sees my bank account activity, so I thought this would be a good way to avoid PayPal showing up in my checking account every couple weeks.

How do you load the card?

No idea if there is a re-loadable card or not, but all I do is stop at a Dollar General and purchase the Gift Card.  So for me I'll buy the max of $500 and it comes to $503.95.  Once you have the card you log into Paypal.com/cash.  From there you'll log into your account and enter in the codes on the card and it will almost immediately load to your account.

Up until my student loan clusterfuck (yay wage garnishment!) my only credit activity was a car loan that I paid on time every month and paid off in full early.

Now I have a $500 debt because I had surgery and then a couple months later my insurance decided that the anethstesia was "elective" I felt bad but I straight up yelled at the debt collector and said "I'm not paying you a dime. Come and take the anethstesia back, motherfucker." I know he had nothing to do with it but sometimes you gotta shoot the messenger.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic