Great things!

I just made my last payment to Discover for my credit card debt.

Yesterday I received my federal tax return, so my Disney vacation in October is officially paid for thanks to that.

The only debt I have presently, aside from monthly expenses, is my car payment! I'm so excited.

Great things!

Yesterday I received my federal tax return, so my Disney vacation in October is officially paid for thanks to that.

The only debt I have presently, aside from monthly expenses, is my car payment! I'm so excited.

Great news! Go you!

Great things!

That's all pretty fantastic! Congratulations! Relieving debt feels so great. So does Disney.

I used to have terrible credit due to being stupid. It was so bad I couldn't open a checking account at Bank of America. A checking account.

I deployed to Iraq and while there cleaned all 3 of my credit reports of the debts outstanding from my stupid years passed.

Now 5 years later I have a 710 (not phenomenal, but I'm gaining traction on my wife's impossibly perfect score of a million or some other large #).

Great news! Go you!

:) :)

That's all pretty fantastic! Congratulations! Relieving debt feels so great. So does Disney.

I used to have terrible credit due to being stupid. It was so bad I couldn't open a checking account at Bank of America. A checking account.

I deployed to Iraq and while there cleaned all 3 of my credit reports of the debts outstanding from my stupid years passed.

Now 5 years later I have a 710 (not phenomenal, but I'm gaining traction on my wife's impossibly perfect score of a million or some other large #).

710 is good! Mine is 780 I think. It was higher, no idea why it went down.

My bf has bad credit.  He had some poor decisions years ago before I knew him. His is still low at 610 I believe. He was happy to break 600 though haha.

710 is good! Mine is 780 I think. It was higher, no idea why it went down.

My bf has bad credit.  He had some poor decisions years ago before I knew him. His is still low at 610 I believe. He was happy to break 600 though haha.

My wife's fluctuates all the time. After paying of Discover, it should increase gradually (always moves down faster than up).

Hey I was STOKED the day I broke 600 (even more stoked the day I landed on 666) and if you keep him in line, he'll have better credit than you pretty soon. Well, at least after all that negative stuff falls off his credit reports (7 years I think).

I honestly don't know my credit rating?

I've never been in debt or borrowed money. I've only just got my first credit card at 24 but apparently that's bad as I've not built up a good credit score? 

You're good then!

1) You have no negative marks! +

2) You now have a credit line. ++

3) You're McCandless. +++

Personally- I think credit scores/ ratings are fucking stupid. Unfortunately you have to have decent ones if you want to finance anything. I'm all about a credit report, but when summarized into a number it gets tricky. There's too much left up to perception. I guess the same goes for your credit history (I mean: did you not pay that bill because you didn't feel like it or did you not pay that bill because you were laid off and ended up living on the actual street for 2 months?)

You're good then!

1) You have no negative marks! +

2) You now have a credit line. ++

3) You're McCandless. +++

Personally- I think credit scores/ ratings are fucking stupid. Unfortunately you have to have decent ones if you want to finance anything. I'm all about a credit report, but when summarized into a number it gets tricky. There's too much left up to perception. I guess the same goes for your credit history (I mean: did you not pay that bill because you didn't feel like it or did you not pay that bill because you were laid off and ended up living on the actual street for 2 months?)

Wooo! But yeah they won't get me a huge credit limit on my credit card yet but I've had it for about 6 months now so I'm hoping that will change.

My wife's fluctuates all the time. After paying of Discover, it should increase gradually (always moves down faster than up).

Hey I was STOKED the day I broke 600 (even more stoked the day I landed on 666) and if you keep him in line, he'll have better credit than you pretty soon. Well, at least after all that negative stuff falls off his credit reports (7 years I think).

Heyyyyy what makes you say he'd surpass me? Haha. I was the cosigner on his new car bc he wouldn't have been approved otherwise lol.

Heyyyyy what makes you say he'd surpass me? Haha. I was the cosigner on his new car bc he wouldn't have been approved otherwise lol.

Really it was just me saying he'll be good. I don't really think he'll surpass you, but he'll still make 25% more than you on average. Unless he's not white, in which case he'll make 25% less than you on average assuming you're white...if you aren't white then I don't know how to work those figures. It gets complicated and I suck at math.

for those of you reading this who are not from the US, I'm sorry, this is the shit we live in...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic