You guys are moving though, right? What is the cost of living compared to where you are now? That $1,500 could make a huge difference. If Ry and I moved back to Rochester or Pittsburgh and I got a $1,500 raise we'd be killing it.

That's part of the reason i don't want to take it. If Candace gets a job elsewhere (her first choice is to stay here in Charleston) it would be easier to transfer with my current job.

$1500 yearly?

Yeah. It broke down to an extra $75 a week before taxes. It wasn't worth leaving Saks.

I'll just pick up a second job for now. Gotta start padding the wedding savings anyhow.

wHERE do you work?

I'm a butcher at Fred Meyer. It's a Kroger store if you're familiar with that. My meat dept sells on average anywhere from 20 to 30k per day in meat alone. So my job is pretty intense. Breaking down carcasses and doing some pretty sweet shit. I also did the whole culinary school thing for a few years. Found butchering meat about 2 years ago when I was tired of the insane work schedule of kitchen life. It's a sweet gig.

I was just confused, curious. I got a tiny one last year and that helped immensely. we don't even get a cost of living increase. and this city is cheap as hell.

I hear that. I'm supposed to get a pay bump here in a month or so. I'm hoping it's the amount I think it is.

Will, good luck on the second job!

Looking forward to getting my thick cork mat and wish I had just ordered it sooner. Wanted to get a leather one but this seems like it will do the trick an was half the price. Hope it helps with static at least, if it improves other things thats a bonus. Also hope its thick enough that I won't have to use 2 mats, which I'm sure it is.

I almost went for the 10th anniversary for $10 LP thing with orange and pink thats posted but it goes against my new buying rule. Never heard of it, saw "emo" in the tag.

http://brokenheartrecords.storenvy.com/collections/45064-all-products/products/2094954-day-at-the-fair-the-rocking-chair-years-2xlp

Everything I saw on that site that looks orange is listed as yellow.

I don't know if I'll survive the week here. We are 3 people down, and a new kid starts today. The phone is ringing off the hook, and everyone else is just meandering around. I'm waiting for a computer to restart, so I have like 2 minutes before back to a ton of work.

Edit: Yay, 2 french speaking callers in a row....

Edit 2: Now I'm by myself, everyone just walked away. I think this is some big joke or something.

This'll be my first week out of school for the summer \(^o^)/

Real life will crush you soon enough.

Unrelated, but I just remembered my girlfriend bought me a carton of cigarettes while we were in PA because they were $5 a pack and they're over $10 here. Thats over $50 saved and since she bought them I'll save over $100 in the next couple weeks. I'd completely forgotten due to the absolute clusterfuck we are in right now.

We should hopefully know later today what's happening with the car. Either way we need at least one new car this week. Probably two.

Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Bakey!

This coffee is delish right now

I'm debating walking down to my shop to browse. They're holding two things for me as it is, but I might want more

Only option we had for coffee this morning was Starbucks. Didn't know they started carrying cold brew, but it's not completely awful like most of their shit. Not as good as the cold brew I make, but whatevs.

Only option we had for coffee this morning was Starbucks. Didn't know they started carrying cold brew, but it's not completely awful like most of their shit. Not as good as the cold brew I make, but whatevs.

ooof

I hope it wasn't $10 for a cup

How far are you from your home if you two are in Philly?

We're actually back in upstate New York. Her parents came and got us, insurance is covering most of the cost for a rental car, we just had to wait until this morning for a place to actually be open. She had to drive an hour from her parents', drop me off, and then go straight to work...where she'll be until midnight.

We basically had the worst three day weekend ever.

My stomach is in so much pain today, I feel like i might pass out from the pain. This not has not happened in years. I'm freaking the fuck out and starting to have panic attacks over it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic