Spent a few days in Orlando. Saw Alk3 over two nights. Awesome times were had and many, many, many beers were consumed. 

Now back to The Suck. But at least I managed to snag a copy of the Vinyl Films box set from my local store...so now will listen to that over beers tonight. 

Nice. I can't wait to get my box set from Bullmoose.

Mike Park, the guy who runs Asian Man Records. I added the link to their store above. I guess there is one of their good albums he didn't put out, but From Here to Infirmary is easily obtainable too.

I liked Crimson too. Have the new one and Agony & Irony. I liked a lot of their stuff. Stuff between Crimson and the new one didn't do it for me really, but Damnesia was still cool

Well if you dig their older stuff he has the first 3 albums for $12 each + shipping, and the variants right now all look really good in addition to sounding great. He's pretty good about keeping their stuff in print, so there's no rush on getting them unless you really like the colorways he has now (I do. I almost want to replace some of mine with what is up there now :blink: )

They lost me after Good Mourning. I didn't love it, and after that I just kind of fell off. I know a lot of people still really like their newer stuff though.

Well if you dig their older stuff he has the first 3 albums for $12 each + shipping, and the variants right now all look really good in addition to sounding great. He's pretty good about keeping their stuff in print, so there's no rush on getting them unless you really like the colorways he has now (I do. I almost want to replace some of mine with what is up there now :blink: )

They lost me after Good Mourning. I didn't love it, and after that I just kind of fell off. I know a lot of people still really like their newer stuff though.

I'll pick them up sometime soon, a decent pair of headphones is next on my list. Like I said before I lucked out and got the 160GB 7th Gen iPod Classic off Craigslist for only 80, but I'm still "rocking" a pair of apple earbuds. Getting the IEM's Dave Grohl recommended for the time being.

I'll pick them up sometime soon, a decent pair of headphones is next on my list. Like I said before I lucked out and got the 160GB 7th Gen iPod Classic off Craigslist for only 80, but I'm still "rocking" a pair of apple earbuds. Getting the IEM's Dave Grohl recommended for the time being.

Right on. Like I said, he's really good about keeping stuff in print. They'll go out for a couple months now and then, but he gets a new colorway going pretty quickly.

I never really got on board with the whole "handheld audiophile" thing, or using nicer headphones unless I'm listening to a record at night, but that seems to be the big thing on this end of the board lately. Best of luck, young man. I have to say, as far as the younger users go, you're probably my second favorite, btw. I know people on this board (myself especially) can be pretty snarky toward younger/newer users, but you take stuff in stride and actually contribute, which I appreciate. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Bladie will forever hold my number one young user award until he becomes a real man, though. ;)

Right on. Like I said, he's really good about keeping stuff in print. They'll go out for a couple months now and then, but he gets a new colorway going pretty quickly.

I never really got on board with the whole "handheld audiophile" thing, or using nicer headphones unless I'm listening to a record at night, but that seems to be the big thing on this end of the board lately. Best of luck, young man. I have to say, as far as the younger users go, you're probably my second favorite, btw. I know people on this board (myself especially) can be pretty snarky toward younger/newer users, but you take stuff in stride and actually contribute, which I appreciate. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Bladie will forever hold my number one young user award until he becomes a real man, though. ;)

Haha, thanks :P

Not really going for a full on mobile audiophile setup, just looking for something that isn't total shit. After hearing my home stereo setup, I'm spoiled and know the difference between something good and something that's total garbage. Ignorance can be bliss. That being said, not looking to spend a ton, really going for >100 or so to be spent. 

Just buy the good albums from Mike and call it a day! :)

It'll run you wayyyy less than that boxset for sure.

http://asianmanrecords.storenvy.com/collections/197073-12-inch-vinyl

Thanks for that link. I need to snag a few of these to complete the alk3 collection. I just finally got my hands on good mourning. Nothing beats that s/t though. I saw them play in New Orleans a few years back and they came out to do their encore and they haven't played one of my favorites yet (my friend Peter, duh). So my buddy and I start screaming..Peter..Peter..Peter. Matt skiba looks at us and says I don't usually take requests but to play this song for these guys would be fucking awesome. And they played my friend Peter and totally didn't play radio and every little girl in there was upset. Time of my life though. Sorry for the long story, it's just a pretty good one for me.

Thanks for that link. I need to snag a few of these to complete the alk3 collection. I just finally got my hands on good mourning. Nothing beats that s/t though. I saw them play in New Orleans a few years back and they came out to do their encore and they haven't played one of my favorites yet (my friend Peter, duh). So my buddy and I start screaming..Peter..Peter..Peter. Matt skiba looks at us and says I don't usually take requests but to play this song for these guys would be fucking awesome. And they played my friend Peter and totally didn't play radio and every little girl in there was upset. Time of my life though. Sorry for the long story, it's just a pretty good one for me.

Nice!

Glad it could help you out. That s/t comp is the fucking bessssst. Our very own skadaddy hooked me up with a 1st press, and made me feel like my life was that much more complete :) <3

I've been hooked up by small talk people quite a bit actually. Good group.

Nice!

Glad it could help you out. That s/t comp is the fucking bessssst. Our very own skadaddy hooked me up with a 1st press, and made me feel like my life was that much more complete :) <3

I've been hooked up by small talk people quite a bit actually. Good group.

Oh man a first press of that sounds amazing.

Oh man a first press of that sounds amazing.

It's one of my most cherished records, not because it's super expensive or anything, it's actually pretty reasonably priced out there, but because skadaddy hooked me up and that dude rules. It's up there with the Mare Vitalis that brucewillis hooked me up with. ☺️

Ok, Alk3 talk made me listen to Goddamnit, then Weezer-Pinkerton, now Nada Surf - The Weight Is a Gift (which I rarely listen to because its a weird die-cut jacket that wraps around itself, so you have to unwrap the whole thing, and it's kind of a pain.)

Listening to albums I can't afford on my new iPod here, Just finished some PATD and listened to it on a bike ride. I told my parents it's for exercise but it's just an excuse to go to the dollar store and get a candy bar :P

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic