Good to hear! I'm planning on seeing them on Wednesday. I would have loved to see them pre-Zoo, but I like the new album so much that I'm really happy to catch them on this tour too.

I was surprised how much stuff they played off Zoo. Didn't play a whole lot from the new record, but I was stoked nonetheless. They also had a tour exclusive LP. Definitely grabbed one.

Good to hear!  I'm planning on seeing them on Wednesday.  I would have loved to see them pre-Zoo, but I like the new album so much that I'm really happy to catch them on this tour too.

I always seem to miss them, but from what I've heard they're really good at playing from all of their albums equally.  It seems like it might be difficult to incorporate songs from their new album so it flows naturally, but I don't know.

Bad day. Bad bad bad bad day. I think it's time I bought a new car and dive deeper into debt. I have no clue what I'm doing when I go to a car dealership but I was almost 3 hours late to work because my car keeps overheating.

They'll play a lot of games with you, and as shitty as it is, since you're a woman you'll need to watch out twice as much because the car salesmen assume you know nothing. It's shitty, but it is what it is. My dad used to work in the industry, so I have an idea how they bullshit. I can try my best to give you some things to watch out for when you decide to get a car.

So literally minutes before my girlfriend put her grandfather in the ground she got a call that she lost her job. That job was like 3/4 of our income. They are scrambling to find a way to keep her but probably can't. She was employed through a temp agency, like all their employees. It's incredibly difficult and rare for someone to get "hired" but it was full time and fairly stable. Her temp agency terminated their contract with the company this morning with zero warning. Her and a handful of other employees got basically fired because of this. Like her HR rep just got an email this morning like "These people no longer work for you." It's a gigantic clusterfuck. Again, she found this out as we were waiting for them to set the casket up at the grave.

I don't know if I mentioned it but a couple days ago we signed a lease for a beautiful new apartment. We have been furniture shopping and were all set to drop several thousand on having an amazing living room. Everything was going to be awesome. Now we can no longer actually afford the apartment we just entered into a contract for.

Luckily she's got another, part time, job but it's still not enough. We went from being so close to safety and security in a great new apartment to being completely fucked.

Goddamn it.  :(

Chappie was a tough one to get through. What could have been a bad 90 minute movie was a really bad 120 minute movie. Watching Maggie now. If Arnie busting up zombies can't cleanse my cinematic palate, nothing can.

the director, Neill Blomkamp, is not bad at all, District 9 is one of my favorite movies and Elysium is also a good movie, I feel like Chappie was like a "cash grab" because of the 2 lame actors from that weird pop group.

the director, Neill Blomkamp, is not bad at all, District 9 is one of my favorite movies and Elysium is also a good movie, I feel like Chappie was like a "cash grab" because of the 2 lame actors from that weird pop group.

I liked District 9 quite a bit.  Elysium was a movie I kept meaning to watch, but never got around to it.  Chappie was pretty much Short Circuit, only not good.  I'll give Blomkamp a couple more chances, but I'm going in far more weary now.  Fortunately, he probably can't make a worse Alien movie than 3 or Resurrection.

I liked District 9 quite a bit. Elysium was a movie I kept meaning to watch, but never got around to it. Chappie was pretty much Short Circuit, only not good. I'll give Blomkamp a couple more chances, but I'm going in far more weary now. Fortunately, he probably can't make a worse Alien movie than 3 or Resurrection.

Be fair 3 is not awful. Inconsistent due to studio interference, but fine acting performances from several of the actors and actress... and suuuuper bleak.

I liked District 9 quite a bit. Elysium was a movie I kept meaning to watch, but never got around to it. Chappie was pretty much Short Circuit, only not good. I'll give Blomkamp a couple more chances, but I'm going in far more weary now. Fortunately, he probably can't make a worse Alien movie than 3 or Resurrection.

District 9 was fun, Elysium was terrible despite having a lot of potential. I don't even want to bother with Chappie. Blomkamp proved to be a bust as far as I'm concerned.

Be fair 3 is not awful. Inconsistent due to studio interference, but fine acting performances from several of the actors and actress... and suuuuper bleak.

There are several alternate universes much like our own except their version of Alien 3 turned out amazing. The story behind the production on that one is a fascinating clusterfuck.

Goddamn it. :(

Thanks for your well wishes and stuff, everyone. We're gonna be ok, hopefully. We have been budgeting like crazy and it's going to be a really tough few months, but it looks like we might be able to keep our heads barely above water.

It's just a huge bummer for your financial planning to go from "Ok, we'll furnish the apartment this month. Next month we'll get a car, month after that we'll get some tattoos, and then in October we'll go to New Orleans for a week or two. Wait, should we get a 50" or 60" TV?" To "So about food...how much do we REALLLLLY need it?"

I'm enjoying a Subway sub with my "employee of the month" giftcards and waiting for my anxiety to calm down so I can take my turntable across town to get serviced.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic