My mid-2010 MacBook Pro crapped out on me earlier this year. Actually, it just shit out on me when I tried to install 10.10 on it. I've ran a few different diagnostic tools on it and the hardware is fine. Five years is a pretty good run for any laptop these days though. Maybe I should get around to at least taking a look at my MBP. I have a desktop though and I'm not in school anymore so I'm not in a rush.

Yeah, 5 years is great. I don't have anything else, so I need to replace it asap. I got the blue screen of death 3 times today. I think the gpu is dying, since it always gives errors about the video drivers, which I uninstalled and reinstalled and it crashed once more.

Every record I've sold I've charged $5 for shipping. Every time it's come out to more than that because I get insurance and tracking regardless if it's requested or not.

I feel like it's a fair price even if they make a buck or two off it. The way I see it, it's a person and not a business and going to the post office is a chore.

That is fair in that sense I suppose. I forget people have to go to the post office sometimes, since I'm used to printing paypal labels and giving the record to the mail carrier.

Minneapolis? I was right in the middle of the tornado warning. My girlfriend and I fell asleep watching a movie and woke up to that awful emergency tornado warning alarm on the TV. Thankfully nothing too gnarly happened as far as damage and whatnot, but the lightning was fucking wicked. The tornado warning got me all amped up so I luckily got to stay up and watch the storm.

Appleton, WI area, a bit south of Green Bay.  

Glad everything is all good by you, nothing major happened here either.  Other than hella rain, my sump pump will be running for days now.

I need to change mine so bad. They look and sound horrid. All my friends find it strange cause ive always talked so much about how i have zero tolereance for dead strings. I use elixir polywebs and idk how this set got so bad sounding so quickly. Also do you stretch the strings after you string em up? 5 minutes of that and you stay in tune just fine.

I don't usually do that, but I will give it a try next time. What gauge do you use? I use the Ernie Ball Heavy Top Skinny Bottoms so I can stay in standard but have the option to drop down to drop Q and still have tension on the strings

How do you print Media Mail from PP/USPS website? I can never find the option.

paypal.com/shipnow

There should be a media mail option. If you received payment via paypal, just do the purchase shipping option in the transaction.

I don't usually do that, but I will give it a try next time. What gauge do you use? I use the Ernie Ball Heavy Top Skinny Bottoms so I can stay in standard but have the option to drop down to drop Q and still have tension on the strings

Yeah man after you string em up run your fingers from the nut to the bridge and pull up on each string as you do. Repeat that for each string about 5-10 times and itll stretch. I use 13s for my acoustic. When i play electric i use 9s. The skinny top heavy bottoms are awesome tho.

paypal.com/shipnow

There should be a media mail option. If you received payment via paypal, just do the purchase shipping option in the transaction.

Yeah this.

I don't think there is an option directly on usps.com to use media mail.  If there is I haven't found it and the guys at my local post office say they've heard the same thing.

I don't think there is an option directly on usps.com to use media mail.  If there is I haven't found it and the guys at my local post office say they've heard the same thing.

The USPS site is a hassle to use anyway, the PayPal one is pretty straight forward.  Both of them are a goddamn nightmare for international shipping though.

Yeah, 5 years is great. I don't have anything else, so I need to replace it asap. I got the blue screen of death 3 times today. I think the gpu is dying, since it always gives errors about the video drivers, which I uninstalled and reinstalled and it crashed once more.

Yeah, sounds like it could be the GPU.

Appleton, WI area, a bit south of Green Bay.  

Glad everything is all good by you, nothing major happened here either.  Other than hella rain, my sump pump will be running for days now.

We just had a lot of small branches and leaves everywhere this morning. The wind was pretty intense at times. 

Thomas,

Try a Linux live CD/USB and see if you still have issues.  Good way to make sure it isn't an OS problem.

Good thinking, will give it a go at some point. It seems to have stopped for now, but have not been doing much other than browse. I still think it's time for a new laptop.

YES!!!! yes yes yes yes yes !!! I get so stressed whenever I go so I'm always so slow to send things to people.

Idk about you but my post office is real good about making the procedure unpleasent. They lay it on real think how much they really dont feel like helping me send out any packages much less answering any question i could possibly have.

Idk about you but my post office is real good about making the procedure unpleasent. They lay it on real think how much they really dont feel like helping me send out any packages much less answering any question i could possibly have.

Mine is the same ! I get everything packed and addressed and it all should be a pretty simple transaction yet they are always pretty angry at me.

I recently moved, and the post office I go to now is terrible. I've only sent out a few records since I moved here, but the guy who always "helps" me never believes I'm sending out records (or some form of media) when I ask to ship via media mail. He always asks me, "are you sure you're sending out records?" and always makes a point to reiterate the fact that the package is subject to inspection multiple times throughout our interaction. Like, yeah, I know man.

What the fuck else am I going to put in a 12"x12" LP mailer? Come on. Dude is such a dick.

I recently moved, and the post office I go to now is terrible. I've only sent out a few records since I moved here, but the guy who always "helps" me never believes I'm sending out records (or some form of media) when I ask to ship via media mail. He always asks me, "are you sure you're sending out records?" and always makes a point to reiterate the fact that the package is subject to inspection multiple times throughout our interaction. Like, yeah, I know man.

What the fuck else am I going to put in a 12"x12" LP mailer? Come on. Dude is such a dick.

Thats pretty sad. Its tradition at this point that every time i go they really try their hardest to hide the media mail option. And not too long ago this guy tried to charge me extra for tracking. I told him i know for a fact it comes with it but he insisted it didnt until another employee confirmed it comes with it.

I'm in a real shitty situation and I'm not sure what to do. A few months ago a friend of mine moved back into the state. We hung out a couple times at his new apartment. I was asking him questions about the place because I was looking into moving out of my parents' house. He told me if he knew I was looking into moving out he would have let me rent out the second bedroom. Fast forward to last month and he kicked the roommate out (a mutual childhood friend) because he was a deadbeat. He called me asking if I was still looking to move. I told him yes and we agreed that I'd move in with him. I paid him for that months rent and I was supposed to move in at the beginning of the month. Things have been super hectic lately. I've been swamped at work trying to train an employee and taking on a ton of new responsibilities from my coworker that quit, and I've been working longer hours. In my free time I've been fixing my car, which has taken a ton of time, so the move in date kept getting pushed back because I was so busy. 

Today he sent me a text asking when I was planning on moving in. The last couple weeks I've been doubting my decision to move. Turns out the rent is way more expensive than I originally was told. I did a little more research on the apartments and now I'm really against it. Google has a total of 18 reviews for the complex and 16 of them were one star for various reasons including poor build quality, bad management/maintenance, bugs, bad ac system, etc. I guess I'm just kind of scared to tell my friend I've decided not to move in and leave him high and dry looking for a new roommate last minute when he's told me he wouldn't be able to afford to live there alone.

: /

YES!!!! yes yes yes yes yes !!! I get so stressed whenever I go so I'm always so slow to send things to people.

this. I shipped 3 LPs and a 7" last weekend and the stupid dude at the desk said I wasn't using "proper" shipping labels even though they were all media mail, they charged me for each single one for Priority which is like $6 where I live, I was so pissed.

Hi guys. Going to vent.

Trying hard as fuck to be a better person but there will be tests of that. I'm not a fucking kid anymore, I'm not going to start a fist fight unless I get swung on. I emcountered someone I had huge personal problems with, and he kept talking shit to his friends. It came to a confrontation and his friend stepped up to bat instead, we talked, he kept trying to make me look like I was scared but I didn't want to fight unless swung on because I need to be a better person. For my own good. We walked away and all I heard was him shit talking again. It took a lot to just walk away. I'm proud of myself.

Hi guys. Going to vent.

Trying hard as fuck to be a better person but there will be tests of that. I'm not a fucking kid anymore, I'm not going to start a fist fight unless I get swung on. I emcountered someone I had huge personal problems with, and he kept talking shit to his friends. It came to a confrontation and his friend stepped up to bat instead, we talked, he kept trying to make me look like I was scared but I didn't want to fight unless swung on because I need to be a better person. For my own good. We walked away and all I heard was him shit talking again. It took a lot to just walk away. I'm proud of myself.

Never let others bring you down. You are a good person and you will go your way not matter what.

I'm in a real shitty situation and I'm not sure what to do. A few months ago a friend of mine moved back into the state. We hung out a couple times at his new apartment. I was asking him questions about the place because I was looking into moving out of my parents' house. He told me if he knew I was looking into moving out he would have let me rent out the second bedroom. Fast forward to last month and he kicked the roommate out (a mutual childhood friend) because he was a deadbeat. He called me asking if I was still looking to move. I told him yes and we agreed that I'd move in with him. I paid him for that months rent and I was supposed to move in at the beginning of the month. Things have been super hectic lately. I've been swamped at work trying to train an employee and taking on a ton of new responsibilities from my coworker that quit, and I've been working longer hours. In my free time I've been fixing my car, which has taken a ton of time, so the move in date kept getting pushed back because I was so busy.

Today he sent me a text asking when I was planning on moving in. The last couple weeks I've been doubting my decision to move. Turns out the rent is way more expensive than I originally was told. I did a little more research on the apartments and now I'm really against it. Google has a total of 18 reviews for the complex and 16 of them were one star for various reasons including poor build quality, bad management/maintenance, bugs, bad ac system, etc. I guess I'm just kind of scared to tell my friend I've decided not to move in and leave him high and dry looking for a new roommate last minute when he's told me he wouldn't be able to afford to live there alone.

: /

Best to get it out the way asap. Ive been on that other end and its much better to have more notice than less.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic