Hi guys. Going to vent.

Trying hard as fuck to be a better person but there will be tests of that. I'm not a fucking kid anymore, I'm not going to start a fist fight unless I get swung on. I emcountered someone I had huge personal problems with, and he kept talking shit to his friends. It came to a confrontation and his friend stepped up to bat instead, we talked, he kept trying to make me look like I was scared but I didn't want to fight unless swung on because I need to be a better person. For my own good. We walked away and all I heard was him shit talking again. It took a lot to just walk away. I'm proud of myself.

You should be. I know more people who are pro kicking someones ass than less. I dont believe its the right choice unless you must defend yourself. Good job.

Today he sent me a text asking when I was planning on moving in. The last couple weeks I've been doubting my decision to move. Turns out the rent is way more expensive than I originally was told. I did a little more research on the apartments and now I'm really against it. Google has a total of 18 reviews for the complex and 16 of them were one star for various reasons including poor build quality, bad management/maintenance, bugs, bad ac system, etc. I guess I'm just kind of scared to tell my friend I've decided not to move in and leave him high and dry looking for a new roommate last minute when he's told me he wouldn't be able to afford to live there alone.

I would say tell him as soon as you can and explain it like you did here.  You did cover a month's rent, so at least he's not boned there.  It sucks losing out on that money, but it's probably an acceptable loss in the long term.

Hi guys. Going to vent.

Trying hard as fuck to be a better person but there will be tests of that. I'm not a fucking kid anymore, I'm not going to start a fist fight unless I get swung on. I emcountered someone I had huge personal problems with, and he kept talking shit to his friends. It came to a confrontation and his friend stepped up to bat instead, we talked, he kept trying to make me look like I was scared but I didn't want to fight unless swung on because I need to be a better person. For my own good. We walked away and all I heard was him shit talking again. It took a lot to just walk away. I'm proud of myself.

Fighting is for mouth breathers, you did the smart thing there.

Hi guys. Going to vent.

Certainly the mature choice. Let them talk shit, that's all it is and important to those sad few. Good job being the better man 

I'm in a real shitty situation and I'm not sure what to do. A few months ago a friend of mine moved back into the state. We hung out a couple times at his new apartment. I was asking him questions about the place because I was looking into moving out of my parents' house. He told me if he knew I was looking into moving out he would have let me rent out the second bedroom. Fast forward to last month and he kicked the roommate out (a mutual childhood friend) because he was a deadbeat. He called me asking if I was still looking to move. I told him yes and we agreed that I'd move in with him. I paid him for that months rent and I was supposed to move in at the beginning of the month. Things have been super hectic lately. I've been swamped at work trying to train an employee and taking on a ton of new responsibilities from my coworker that quit, and I've been working longer hours. In my free time I've been fixing my car, which has taken a ton of time, so the move in date kept getting pushed back because I was so busy.

Today he sent me a text asking when I was planning on moving in. The last couple weeks I've been doubting my decision to move. Turns out the rent is way more expensive than I originally was told. I did a little more research on the apartments and now I'm really against it. Google has a total of 18 reviews for the complex and 16 of them were one star for various reasons including poor build quality, bad management/maintenance, bugs, bad ac system, etc. I guess I'm just kind of scared to tell my friend I've decided not to move in and leave him high and dry looking for a new roommate last minute when he's told me he wouldn't be able to afford to live there alone.

: /

I know it sucks but he can explore other options and not put it all on you. trust yourself on this one, your home life needs to be as relaxing as possible and that means living at a place you can afford and living in a place that feels good to live in.

Hi guys. Going to vent.

I agree with your bear father, you are a good person and don't let anyone bring you down. They can talk as much shit as they want, but it won't change who you really are

<3 a good person. <3

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic