No one who's old enough to vote should be attending Warped Tour.

I have a tough time with outdoor festivals in general any more. Last time I went to one it was Siren Festival 2008 and I passed out because it was so hot/I was so hungry/hadn't had any water. It was awful.

I'd love to go to another music festival. It seems like there's not any that would really be worth the money anymore. When I went to Coachella in 2010 I saw a lot of bands that I never thought I'd have the chance to see. I saw Pavement, The Dead Weather, Devo, Fever Ray, Them Crooked Vultures, Jay Z, De La Soul, Gorillaz, Echo & The Bunnymen, Gil Scott-Heron, LCD Soundsystem, Jonsi, Thom Yorke, and a ton of others. 

Out of all those I listed, only De La Soul and Jonsi have played here in the five years since that festival. It was an incredible opportunity to see talented musicians that I wouldn't normally have the chance to see. Now it feels like most festivals are cookie cutter and have the same lineup as all the others. Maybe one day I'll go to Sasquatch though. I've always wanted to see a show at The Gorge. 

I'd love to go to another music festival. It seems like there's not any that would really be worth the money anymore. When I went to Coachella in 2010 I saw a lot of bands that I never thought I'd have the chance to see. I saw Pavement, The Dead Weather, Devo, Fever Ray, Them Crooked Vultures, Jay Z, De La Soul, Gorillaz, Echo & The Bunnymen, Gil Scott-Heron, LCD Soundsystem, Jonsi, Thom Yorke, and a ton of others. 

Out of all those I listed, only De La Soul and Jonsi have played here in the five years since that festival. It was an incredible opportunity to see talented musicians that I wouldn't normally have the chance to see. Now it feels like most festivals are cookie cutter and have the same lineup as all the others. Maybe one day I'll go to Sasquatch though. I've always wanted to see a show at The Gorge. 

When I was living in MT I loved travelling for festivals.  It gave me a chance to see a few dozen bands that would most likely never play a show where I lived.  Now that I live in a city that gets shows regularly, festivals have lost most of the appeal for me.  You mentioned cookie cutter and that's pretty spot on.  It seems like it's the mostly the same bands rotated every two-three years.

Sasquatch is overall pretty fun.  I've been three times.  The last time I went it seemed really crowded and I kind of soured on it, but overall my experiences have been good.  I'd recommend it.  Get a few friends, load up the car and camp and listen to music.  Those camp grounds are pretty wild too. People drinking and listening to music really loud all hours, it's entertaining.

Bought a frozen margarita at the movie theater. They waited until after I paid and was walking away before saying "Oh yeah, you have to drink that in the lobby. You can't bring alcohol into the theater."

That's such horse shit.  The major theaters here are like that too.  I just go to Sundance Cinema now, they have a full bar AND I can drink in the theater.  All shows are 21+ too, which I love.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic