I've said this word for word. I hate retail !!

Working in fast food was bad enough, but then I worked at a Hot Topic for 2 years in my late twenties... I think that was what put the cement around the ankles of any lingering desire to have my own children. It also put the lid on the fact that I hate people and most social situations now that aren't task driven. And yes, it ruined Holidays as well.

I finally watched ex-machina last night.  I liked it.  The score was very well done, in concurrence w the scenes

I keep meaning to watch this, but have not got around to it yet.

Worked at Goodwill as a young man, kind of sucked, kind of awesome. Worked in coffee shops for a billion years, same thing. At least at the coffee shop I worked at the longest we could tell customers to fuck off if they were being jerks.

On a different note (and also the same thing I post in here always) my incoming record list is too big right now. I've been snatching stuff up like a madman.

pSfIUpr.gif

Working in fast food was bad enough, but then I worked at a Hot Topic for 2 years in my late twenties... I think that was what put the cement around the ankles of any lingering desire to have my own children. It also put the lid on the fact that I hate people and most social situations now that aren't task driven. And yes, it ruined Holidays as well.

I used to love the holidays !!!!!! I work as a vendor in grocery stores so holidays are always incredibly busy for me :( at least the pay is nice ?

I used to love the holidays !!!!!! I work as a vendor in grocery stores so holidays are always incredibly busy for me :( at least the pay is nice ?

Halloween was especially ruined thanks to being required to dress up every single shift for at least three weeks...Plus I was a manager so I was there 5 days a week.... ugh the bother of trying to come up with a different outfit everyday....

When I workind in a 24/7/365 call center, I hated Holidays. I got OT to work them, but was forced to work them which sucked. It made me hate everything.

Biking home from work is a fucking shit show. People just don't give a fuck about people on bikes.

They are so concerned with getting home from work that they are pretty much willing to kill someone to get home 2 minutes sooner.

Cars do rolling stops and since they don't see a car they just keep going. Fucking STOP.

Not only that but they look at you like you're the first upright asshole to walk the earth.

I had a guy scream at me and slam on his breaks cause he didn't bother to stop at a stop sign, continued through and almost plow into me all because he didn't come to a stop.

I have to say a prayer first before I leave: Our Father, Dave grohl, who aren't in rock heaven, badass be thy name. (Cross head and heart while saying 'Our Father, Dave Grohl' [Christian style].)

Dave Grohl give me strength. (Queue Foo Fighters.)

screen-shot-2014-10-07-at-4-15-22-pm.png

Biking home from work is a fucking shit show. People just don't give a fuck about people on bikes.

They are so concerned with getting home from work that they are pretty much willing to kill someone to get home 2 minutes sooner.

Cars do rolling stops and since they don't see a car they just keep going. Fucking STOP.

Not only that but they look at you like you're the first upright asshole to walk the earth.

I had a guy scream at me and slam on his breaks cause he didn't bother to stop at a stop sign, continued through and almost plow into me all because he didn't come to a stop.

I have to say a prayer first before I leave: Our Father, Dave grohl, who aren't in rock heaven, badass be thy name. (Cross head and heart while saying 'Our Father, Dave Grohl' [Christian style].)

I won't lie, I end up not paying enough attention to bikes.  Where I live it's not like bike riders are in abundance though, but still I know I need to watch out a bit closer for them.  

That's super shitty. I always stop and look, since we've had a huge influx of bike riders in recent years. People are selfish, and think the road is only for cars.

On the flip side we have people here who bike in the middle of the road without giving a fuck that there's cars on that same road. They think "I'm on a bike, I am invincible, fuck you all."

True, there are certinaly problems on both sides. I hate when riders fly through stop signs and lights.

True, there are certinaly problems on both sides. I hate when riders fly through stop signs and lights.

Oh for sure... both drivers & bikers need to watch out for each other. Common courtesy.

Take a few extra seconds to watch where you're going (both parties), & you won't have needless death or serious injury.

I won't lie, I end up not paying enough attention to bikes.  Where I live it's not like bike riders are in abundance though, but still I know I need to watch out a bit closer for them.  

PDX has a large amount of people on bikes. That's what really blows my mind. There are bike lanes everywhere. Drivers should be aware since it's a "bike friendly" city, but they aren't. I've almost been hit a handful of times in the past month.

People just don't give a fuck about people on bikes.

You can say that again. My ex-wife's father was hit by two guys who were out trying to run another cycler down before finding him. His back was broken and he spent near six months in bed because of it. His helmet was in someone's yard near half a block away. My stepdaughter rides a motorcycle and while I know she is safe and has been riding for a long time it still scares the shit out of me at how little regard people have for them here

Issue a civilian summons for failure to stop at a Stop sign

After biking in New Orleans (the most unfriendly bike city in the USA) I always look out for bikers. As friendly of a city as Portland is to bikers i see a ton more bike deaths than I should.

I fear I'll be next. People out here are fucking morons. Maybe even more so because we are in a biking city. It's ridiculous. I come very close to getting hit every time I ride. I ride pretty aggressively so I can keep up with traffic, but I definitely look around me all the time, are aware of my surroundings, and learn light cycles, but even that doesn't really seem to do much. Can't counter the stupidity.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic