I found one around town for $50 with wifi and i can use Netflix too. I just need to stop being so cheap and buy it.

I found one around town for $50 with wifi and i can use Netflix too. I just need to stop being so cheap and buy it.

Haha, I'm in the same boat. I have not turned my TV in 2 months, since my roku broke, and I've been too cheap to buy something else. All my money keeps going to audio equipment instead :/.

He sounds like an asshole.

Oh, he is; trust me. Awkward thing is that I carpool with him. Can't wait to get my motorcycle so I don't have to do that anymore.

what a fucking douche.

Mayor Douche.

Sounds like he's head foreskin in the forest of dicks.

Fuck. That's too damn funny. I want to high five you.

Yeah he doesn't sound like someone I would ever talk to again outside of a work conversation. Fuck that.

I definitely don't plan on it. I already try to avoid talking to him. Dude might be one of the most annoying and boring people I've ever met. I don't get him at all. How can you be so boring yet so annoying at the same time. He is one of those dudes who came out of the womb already in annoying neighborhood Dad mode. He has a house with his girlfriend, and he is my age. That's fucking weird. And he has 0 humor.

Just say "that sucks" or "I'm sorry, man" like a normal human being. I know I'm a heartless bastard, but god damn, man. I want to punch him in the face. 

Oh, he is; trust me. Awkward thing is that I carpool with him. Can't wait to get my motorcycle so I don't have to do that anymore.

Mayor Douche.

Fuck. That's too damn funny. I want to high five you.

I definitely don't plan on it. I already try to avoid talking to him. Dude might be one of the most annoying and boring people I've ever met. I don't get him at all. How can you be so boring yet so annoying at the same time. He is one of those dudes who came out of the womb already in annoying neighborhood Dad mode. He has a house with his girlfriend, and he is my age. That's fucking weird. And he has 0 humor.

Just say "that sucks" or "I'm sorry, man" like a normal human being. I know I'm a heartless bastard, but god damn, man. I want to punch him in the face.

Some people are just like that and it's difficult to be around them. I have a friend who always takes the opposing side with any gripe I may have and it's annoying as shit. When I told her that new employees were making a higher wage than me, she just say that she can see both sides to it. What I wanted to hear was "wow that sucks. Sorry", I don't want to hear why it's okay.

Some people just can't communicate in a way that considers the other person's feelings.

I hold one very strict rule for myself, and that is never sharing personal information with coworkers or acquaintances. Or almost anybody.

It took six months before people start figuring out that I wasn't dating my ex anymore.

One person didn't know until almost a year after the fact.

My shit is not their shit.

and fuck that guy. 

I hold one very strict rule for myself, and that is never sharing personal information with coworkers or acquaintances. Or almost anybody.

It took six months before people start figuring out that I wasn't dating my ex anymore.

and fuck that guy.

This is a really good rule. I'm going to start over with a new job and I'm going to follow and stick with this rule.

Some people are just like that and it's difficult to be around them. I have a friend who always takes the opposing side with any gripe I may have and it's annoying as shit. When I told her that new employees were making a higher wage than me, she just say that she can see both sides to it. What I wanted to hear was "wow that sucks. Sorry", I don't want to hear why it's okay.

Some people just can't communicate in a way that considers the other person's feelings.

I don't understand people like that. They just don't understand normal human interaction. I'm not asking you to be friends. I don't care if I'm not your favorite person, but you don't have to be a heartless dick. I mean come on. Be a little empathetic; even if it's fake. 

I told my worker that my girlfriend and I broke up, said that I asked for a second chance and that she declined.

His response "And why should she?". Damn, dude. I mean, yeah, you're right, but fuck, man. Could you be a little more of a dick about it.

This is the same coworker that told be to "not joke with him". Yeah.

flying out to clock in, clock him out, then flying out. all within an hour.

and fuck that guy. 

I never do, ever, but he specifically asked, which is weird cause I'll ask him how was his weekend (to make small talk and be less awkward), he'll answer and never ask in return. So me telling him my personal info was a weird way of me trying to fake buddy up with the guy, and see if he is human at all. Confirmed: heartless dick. 

And yeah, that's usually how it is for me. I don't tell people my life so I can date a person for a year, then stop, and people didn't even know I was seeing someone at all. Haha.

Preach.

And you're damn right. 

This is a really good rule. I'm going to start over with a new job and I'm going to follow and stick with this rule.

I'm really only opening up a little cause I'm at a new job, and my dept. is tiny. Less than 10 people, and 3 of those people aren't in my office. So I've been trying to be nice, and befriend people. Unfortunately some have not gone well as others. Haha. Everyone else here is awesome though. 

Haha, I'm in the same boat. I have not turned my TV in 2 months, since my roku broke, and I've been too cheap to buy something else. All my money keeps going to audio equipment instead :/.

I made a little media center out of a Raspberry Pi and then I torrent (mostly anime) and can put it on an external HDD that plugs into the Raspberry Pi. Cost me about $50

I made a little media center out of a Raspberry Pi and then I torrent (mostly anime) and can put it on an external HDD that plugs into the Raspberry Pi. Cost me about $50

I use netflix and such, so a pi is not my ideal set-up. I've thought about it though.

Speaking of humorless coworkers: a like 80 year old woman told my co-worker "You're such a sweetheart!" when he was done with her order. After she walked away I said. "Should have gotten her number" and he looked REALLY offended and practically shouted "I'm married!"

So I just said "Why?" and he walked away.

Of course I generally offend my co-workers for shits and giggles. This teenage girl was complaining about her 4 hour shift and said "Ugh, I can tell it's going to be a bad day" and I replied "Well, most days are bad days. But then we all die eventually, so you've got that to look forward to"

She was like "WHAT THE FUCK?! I really hope your girlfriend isn't as depressing as you" and I started laughing hysterically and said "I'm the nice one"

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic