So exhausted. I was checking my work email to get my manager's extension, and of course she is out today. I need to call the HR rep to call off now, but have no clue what time she gets into work. Damn airplanes making me all exhausted and stuff.

noooo don't be sad. i think you just misread mike's post. there are 2 lists and he was talking about people on his his list and not the people on my list... it's a little confusing. he keeps updating the first post on the first page and then vaguely referencing it in other posts. half the time, i don't even know what he's putting in there lol.

but trust me, you're all good and i will be in touch to let you know who your SS once i sort out the delinquents i can't get in touch with. sorry you got all worried!

Whew! Thanks so much, girl. I was really bummed out! Haha

Oh man, I am so excited for Secret Santa even though my person is a total mystery to me (doesn't post much and doesn't have a want list). I've been around for a few years but never participated before. Should be fun.

I struggled last year because of this. You just have to literally read every post they have ever posted and stalk them on social media. Sounds creepy. But. I think the guy I got last year was happy. Maybe.

I struggled last year because of this. You just have to literally read every post they have ever posted and stalk them on social media. Sounds creepy. But. I think the guy I got last year was happy. Maybe.

I feel like it could be hard even for the people that post a lot. There are only a handful of people on here I'd feel really comfortable/confident in what I got them. Gonna take a lot of research on my part. Haha

Hoping my person posts the about me in the thread

One of the funniest things I've ever witnessed was my friends putting on the last 30 minutes of Videodrome completely unknowingly. We were all REALLY stoned and looking for something to watch and Videodrome was on Showtime. One of them was like "Whats this? I've never heard of it." All I said was "it's good" so they put it on.

None of them had really any experience with weird movies so I knew it was going to be a hilarious experience.

Ghost and you are the only ones who have said something about it! (: I'm changing over to something more spooky for October. How have you been?

omg. love it! haven't been on here much, but saw it pop up and was like "yes! that's awesome!" and didn't even realize it was you haha (although i should've known!). i've been good. just really busy with work and haven't had much time for VCing, but helping organize secret santa this year, so gives me an excuse to be on here more ;) also, dealing with some off and on insomnia, hence the 2am posting lol. 

Whew! Thanks so much, girl. I was really bummed out! Haha

oh, i totally would have been too! you're all good. annoying that a couple individual people are causing such problems at the moment, but i'm sure it'll all get worked out soon. and i'm happy i got so many awesome people in my group. go secret santa, team lauren! ;)

Oh man, I am so excited for Secret Santa even though my person is a total mystery to me (doesn't post much and doesn't have a want list). I've been around for a few years but never participated before. Should be fun.

^^^^ pretty much this. every year, i immediately freak out upon reading their tradelist and realizing we don't have much in common musically, but then i stalk them and dig in to their tradelist and eventually find some overlaps. usually listen to some of the bands i haven't heard of before on spotify to get a feel for stuff they like. the "about me" posts really help as well. if your people don't post an "about me" lmk and i'll kindly remind them to do so ;)

also, lauryn, he should have sent a list of what he has in his collection not just a want list. i'll see if he can send one ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic