VAT is only for euro countries importing stuff, it does not affect us here in the states.

Alright, thanks. Finally be getting myself a copy of Scream Bloody Gore, just have to wait for my birthday though :/

Any issues with shipping from Greece? I see people say that they won't ship to Italy sometimes, but I don't know why. Is Greece cool?

Italy's postal service is not know for doing anything correctly, so most people avoid shipping there due to damage, wait times and missing packages. Greece I'm not sure of.

Selling on VC advice needed:

So if I price something lower than the lowest on discogs, is that acceptable?

Should I scour ebay as well to compare?

I don't want to piss anyone off, but can't sell these at cost.

I usually use discogs to base my prices on, so you should be good. I almost check the recently sold too, just to make sure someone isn't overcharging.

Selling on VC advice needed:

So if I price something lower than the lowest on discogs, is that acceptable?

Should I scour ebay as well to compare?

I don't want to piss anyone off, but can't sell these at cost.

I usually start at a higher number, and lower it over a couple days until someone bites. If I didn't buy the item with the express intent to flip it I don't feel making a few dollars on an apprecieating asset towards another album I want.

I usually use discogs to base my prices on, so you should be good. I almost check the recently sold too, just to make sure someone isn't overcharging.

I usually start at a higher number, and lower it over a couple days until someone bites. If I didn't buy the item with the express intent to flip it I don't feel making a few dollars on an apprecieating asset towards another album I want.

Solid advice. Thanks dudes.

Noooooooooo.... I bought an extra copy of each cuz it's my favorite band & if it somehow gets destroyed down the road, I have a back-up. I'm weird, I have back-ups of movies, records, etc...

Solid advice. Thanks dudes.

Noooooooooo.... I bought an extra copy of each cuz it's my favorite band & if it somehow gets destroyed down the road, I have a back-up. I'm weird, I have back-ups of movies, records, etc...

Be careful with the Discogs average. Sometimes if it doesn't move often it doesn't accurately reflect the going price. For example, my green 2LP Alkaline Trio Good Mourning has a discogs average of $18. Might be worth a dollar or two more than that...

Nothing wrong with back-ups. I back up all my important digital data, why not my physical stuff too (money issue usually)?

I dunno, I'm careful with my records so I can't imagine ever needing my backup. That said, I totally don't mind when someone buys, oh, I don't know, Cannibal Corpse backups and selling them to me at sexy prices down the road.

I just got a new one as well !!

high-five-o.gif

giphy.gif

Ooooh shit. And it was a Lenovo too !!!

Ok now you're just stalking me.

Be careful with the Discogs average. Sometimes if it doesn't move often it doesn't accurately reflect the going price. For example, my green 2LP Alkaline Trio Good Mourning has a discogs average of $18. Might be worth a dollar or two more than that...

Hmmmmmm, interesting.

Lowest on discogs for 1 of the potential sells is $110; lowest on ebay in last 3 months was $167.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Makes sense I guess. So I shouldn't buy from there either? Good to know. Anyone else know about Greece?

I have never ordered from there, but after having been there recently and knowing Greeks (I married a Greek), they do not recognize time in the way that you pr I do. You might get the record in a year.

We are on the same page today !!

Fuck Dell. I had a dell once and I will never go back !

You are the female Eli today.

Or am I a male Taraneh???

:o

:ph34r:

I dunno, I'm careful with my records so I can't imagine ever needing my backup. That said, I totally don't mind when someone buys, oh, I don't know, Cannibal Corpse backups and selling them to me at sexy prices down the road.

;)

Alright, thanks. Finally be getting myself a copy of Scream Bloody Gore, just have to wait for my birthday though :/

Any issues with shipping from Greece? I see people say that they won't ship to Italy sometimes, but I don't know why. Is Greece cool?

Greece and Italy are the worst.

giphy.gif

Ok now you're just stalking me.

Hmmmmmm, interesting.

Lowest on discogs for 1 of the potential sells is $110; lowest on ebay in last 3 months was $167.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'd start it at $145 and go from there. What's the item?

That Alkaline Trio is pissing me off because I can't find a sold listing for it on eBay or Discogs from any time recently. Really wonder what it actually goes for, but I can't imagine I didn't do well snagging it at $25

I'd start it at $145 and go from there. What's the item?

That Alkaline Trio is pissing me off because I can't find a sold listing for it on eBay or Discogs from any time recently. Really wonder what it actually goes for, but I can't imagine I didn't do well snagging it at $25

http://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-With-Teeth/release/457869

($100 lowest on discogs)

this is the $110: http://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Year-Zero/release/1114193

(lowest on ebay: $157)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic