Haha. Yup, that's the nomenclature. Otherwise people would just say, "you know the thing that protrudes out? I need that, & the hole side it screws into."

Hell, being in the south that's how you hear people describing stuff anyhow when you're in Radio Shack or Best Buy. lol

Lenovo used to be built like tanks, but their newer models are still quite strong. Can't go wrong with either brand she recommended, and Asus is one of my favorites. That should last you a good while, i5 is not the top end but still strong, and you can always upgrade the RAM down the line for more speed.

Edit: I also hate touchpads. Mine went out on my laptop after owning it for 6 months, so I just went straight mouse. It works still, but it randomly zooms in and out all the time.

I don't know if the deal is still going on, but Office Max had a ton of Wireless Mice on clearance recently. I grabbed a Microsoft one for $10. It worked out, since my wired mouse's cable split and stopped working the same day.

Lenovo used to be built like tanks, but their newer models are still quite strong. Can't go wrong with either brand she recommended, and Asus is one of my favorites. That should last you a good while, i5 is not the top end but still strong, and you can always upgrade the RAM down the line for more speed.

Edit: I also hate touchpads. Mine went out on my laptop after owning it for 6 months, so I just went straight mouse. It works still, but it randomly zooms in and out all the time.

Yeah the woman there, who was a huge fucking help, said Asus used to make the components of the higher-end computers, then one day said why are we not just making our own? For my purposes I didn't really need an i7. Will upgrade down the line if need be.

I'm gonna learn the touchpad, then switch to mouse.

I like pressing things, not weirdly hovering over it.

Edit: Thanks! I'll have to check out Office Max.

Yeah the woman there, who was a huge fucking help, said Asus used to make the components of the higher-end computers, then one day said why are we not just making our own? For my purposes I didn't really need an i7. Will upgrade down the line if need be.

I'm gonna learn the touchpad, then switch to mouse.

I like pressing things, not weirdly hovering over it.

Edit: Thanks! I'll have to check out Office Max.

She was exactly right too. Asus used to make pretty much all components for all brands, not just high end stuff, but just making their own machines. I think they still supply parts for a lot of people too.

A Lenovo something something something w/ 6GB, 1TB, i5. I told the lady @ Best Buy I needed something predominately for writing & streaming. She told me to go between a Lenovo or an Asus.

I know nothing about this shit.

Lenovo is the consumer market side of IBM now as I understand it, that's what I was told when working at Best Buy part time some years back. Asus is really well rated and usually makes Consumer Reports top list each year. They are one of the biggest selling Computer manufacturers in the world from my understanding as well.

Lenovo is the consumer market side of IBM now as I understand it, that's what I was told when working at Best Buy part time some years back. Asus is really well rated and usually makes Consumer Reports top list each year. They are one of the biggest selling Computer manufacturers in the world from my understanding as well.

Lenovo actually bought IBM's consumer stuff a few years back.

damn. I just sold my Dell Inspirion for redic cheap.

I have an ASUS router which they make a very very good router.

I do like their routers a lot too. I had one for a few years, until a power surge blew one of the capacitors in it.

i hate PC's. had to get  one for the wife, and it was used sparingly for a single class for half a year. i didnt know what to get.

Same. I'll probably never buy a PC. We have Dells @ work & they're trash.

If that lady @ BB wasn't there, I would've been so lost. She's one of those people who has a job they know front & back.

Same. I'll probably never buy a PC. We have Dells @ work & they're trash.

If that lady @ BB wasn't there, I would've been so lost. She's one of those people who has a job they know front & back.

mine was the tablet in one and it folded and did a lot of cool things, maybe that version is more bearable?

it was stacked with memory and HD capacity too. and having a blind wife im the moron who gets her a laptop that has NO BACKLIT KEYBOARD. wtf. so dumb. i hadnt even thought to check that. also no cd/dvd drive which was annoying.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic