I hated it even before it was so mainstream. Just a really generic overarching plot, regardless of the characters/details, it didn't do anything special, just more pow bam crunch.

Huh? There's really not that many action scenes. It deals a lot with helplessness, later on it deals with corrupt power structures, challenging morals, etc. Reducing it to "pow bam crunch" sounds like you didn't watch it very analytically. There's a lot to the story, imo.

Huh? There's really not that many action scenes. It deals a lot with helplessness, later on it deals with corrupt power structures, challenging morals, etc. Reducing it to "pow bam crunch" sounds like you didn't watch it very analytically. There's a lot to the story, imo.

I didn't over analyze it, but I just didn't really enjoy it. Maybe it's because I just thought the titans were goofy.

If you liked Full Metal Alchemist, there's no reason to dislike Attack on Titan (I say that loosely. I mean, opinions and such.), honestly. FMA is a bit sillier, but both are "action" series that are actually more about the heavier themes throughout the story development. Attack on Titan does an excellent job, imo. I only bring up FMA 'cause it's gotta be one of the most-enjoyed anime.

If you liked Full Metal Alchemist, there's no reason to dislike Attack on Titan (I say that loosely. I mean, opinions and such.), honestly. FMA is a bit sillier, but both are "action" series that are actually more about the heavier themes throughout the story development. Attack on Titan does an excellent job, imo. I only bring up FMA 'cause it's gotta be one of the most-enjoyed anime.

I thought it was pretty good, but not as good as people hype it to be. Maybe I don't tend to enjoy a lot of the mainstream series (not on purpose, it just works out that way) but there are some I've seen that I liked. I probably watched Haruhi 8 times total by now.

The only two anime I've seen multiple times are Ouran HSHC and Fruitsbasket. The first times were alone, the second time was to watch with a friend. I don't seem to watch animation/film multiple times for some reason.

A few have been on my own, other times with friends. I've seen DxD and HotD many times too. Noucome a few as well

I can see that. I just hate rewatching stuff, because I feel like I'm wasting time when I could be watching something new. There is so much out there, why not move onto something new? I don't do that with music, thankfully.

Illegal!

Can I just say too...I posted this in the offending thread and messaged Juan about it already, but do we really need 3-4 fucking Hot Topic catch all threads, a thread announcing a sale at hot topic (the one I'm frustrated about) and individual threads devoted to these hot topic exclusives? Might as well call this forum "mall-dwelling mouth-breather collective."

Stop. Travis. Stahhhhhhp.

I'm right there with you. I'm already sick of HT bullshit. At least a few years ago they were doing reissues of stuff that were OOP, but now, it's all just shit music, cash grabs, disney soundtracks, and random bullshit. Every once in a while we will get some cool random exclusive variants (Turnover, Superheaven) which could be put out by anyone else. But do we really need a whole thread dedicated to a B2G1 sale, when there are 3+ threads dedicated to jerking off Travis already? Seriously. Come the fuck on.

Fuck Blink. (That includes SRCs cassette cash grab.)

Fuck Disney OSTs.

Fuck Hot Topic.

Fuck the fan boys.

Fuck these kids with 20 HT only releases and no way to play them.

"OMG WHEN WILL BOXCAR BE REPRESSED?!"

"OMG WHEN WILL THIS REALLY SHITTY POP PUNK ALBUM ONLY HT FAN BOYS CARE ABOUT BE REPRESSED?!"

Get fucked, fan boys. Go listen to real music, and get Travis' dick out of your mouth.

Just make a fucking HT forum site already and leaveeeeeeeeeeeee.

Going in any of those threads is the most cringe worthy thing I've ever seen on this site.

I'm right there with you. I'm already sick of HT bullshit. At least a few years ago they were doing reissues of stuff that were OOP, but now, it's all just shit music, cash grabs, disney soundtracks, and random bullshit. Every once in a while we will get some cool random exclusive variants (Turnover, Superheaven) which could be put out by anyone else. But do we really need a whole thread dedicated to a B2G1 sale, when there are 3+ threads dedicated to jerking off Travis already? Seriously. Come the fuck on.

Fuck Blink. (That includes SRCs cassette cash grab.)

Fuck Disney OSTs.

Fuck Hot Topic.

Fuck the fan boys.

Fuck these kids with 20 HT only releases and no way to play them.

"OMG WHEN WILL BOXCAR BE REPRESSED?!"

"OMG WHEN WILL THIS REALLY SHITTY POP PUNK ALBUM ONLY HT FAN BOYS CARE ABOUT BE REPRESSED?!"

Get fucked, fan boys. Go listen to real music, and get Travis' dick out of your mouth.

Just make a fucking HT forum site already and leaveeeeeeeeeeeee.

Going in any of those threads is the most cringe worthy thing I've ever seen on this site.

Then don't go in them?

Right?

I don't, but we don't need an infinite number of threads going on for HT. That's the point.

Of course we don't.

Just like we don't need every asshole new user starting a thread to ask about a release that no one gives a fuck about. Or that they got a good deal on a record that isn't THAT hard to find, but they found it anyway darn gosh golly.

But is it going to stop?

No.

Of course we don't.

Just like we don't need every asshole new user starting a thread to ask about a release that no one gives a fuck about. Or that they got a good deal on a record that isn't THAT hard to find, but they found it anyway darn gosh golly.

But is it going to stop?

No.

I'm still going to complain about it in Small Talk.

Someone likes HT. ; )

Nah. I just don't think complaining about it in small talk is really going to solve anything. What you should do is go to those threads and tell them there. Let us know when you do it, because I want to watch the fun. 

Regardless, people are still entitled to like what they like, despite whether you like it, or don't. Until the boards require 100+ posts before new threads can be started, we're stuck with trash.

Nah. I just don't think complaining about it in small talk is really going to solve anything. What you should do is go to those threads and tell them there. Let us know when you do it, because I want to watch the fun. 

Regardless, people are still entitled to like what they like, despite whether you like it, or don't. Until the boards require 100+ posts before new threads can be started, we're stuck with trash.

I did on the B2G1 thread, but I was just agreeing with Jon cause he posted on there.

Look, they can like what they like, the point is that we don't need an individual thread for each HT topic that comes up.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic