It was a great homage to Episode IV. I was really happy with it. I might go see it again.

One of my minor complaints is that it borrows a little too heavily from IV at times.  Nothing egregious though, it still feels very much like it's own film.  I think the fact that I watched New Hope a few days ago made it jump out more too.  I probably wouldn't have noticed so much otherwise.

I do want to go see it again in a few months.  My favorite theater was sold out until next week, so I want to see round 2 there.  Going to see Hateful Eight in 70mm on Sunday, knocks out all the movies I have interest in for a while :)

Thinking of setting up a cards against humanity game later, if anyone wants to play. Can google hangout for more fun reading questions and such, if we want.

i'm SO in for this! i was actually just thinking earlier that we should do a xmas CAH game, but didn't think enough people would be around.

i'm currently full of tacos and haven't started drinking yet, but depending on timing, i will be some degree of intoxicated. 

i'm SO in for this! i was actually just thinking earlier that we should do a xmas CAH game, but didn't think enough people would be around.

i'm currently full of tacos and haven't started drinking yet, but depending on timing, i will be some degree of intoxicated. 

I'm home now, so any time any wants to play, let me know and I'll set a game up!

I had my first beer at 11:30 with breakfast.  Coffee porter is a breakfast beer!  I'm going to open beer #2 soon.

totally a breakfast beer! i approve!

finally cracked open my first bottle of cheap champagne a little bit ago. just poured glass #2. the drinking portion of the holiday has officially begun!

totally a breakfast beer! i approve!

finally cracked open my first bottle of cheap champagne a little bit ago. just poured glass #2. the drinking portion of the holiday has officially begun!

I was thinking about getting a very nice bottle of whiskey for the day, but decided against it.  I picked up a bunch of nice beer last weekend, decided that would be enough.

I was thinking about getting a very nice bottle of whiskey for the day, but decided against it.  I picked up a bunch of nice beer last weekend, decided that would be enough.

hard to go wrong with some good beers! i've been drinking a lot of good bourbon lately, so decided against going that way tonight. although i certainly have some on hand if i change my mind.

considering it's 70 degrees here right now, i'm pretty damn tempted to whip myself up a pina colada actually. umbrella and everything. i think i'm gonna go do that :)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic