Since we're talking fights at show, at that HH show I mentioned some kid jumped me. I got out of his headlock, punched him in the face, and my friends grabbed him. I was like "Are you done?" and he struggled and spit at me, so I punched him in the stomach said "So, we're done here right?" and made my friends let him go. They really wanted me to beat the shit out of him, but I don't roll like that.

Got out of mobile just to upvote that.

I've only had the experience of one tour, and after 2 months essentially living out of a baby bus, I was too drained to even think of doing that shit again, let alone for 10 years. Paid in bar pizza and $50 is no laughable matter.

My per diem allowed me to eat. That's about it. We were signed to a super small label, so we didn't make much, me especially. My this band was like family to me, so I was OK with it. I would just have to come home from tour and do shoots of dumb shit I hated to make some money Haha. It helped me live the minimalistic lifestyle I wanted, and allowed me to move a lot. Good thing I didn't collect records till about the last few years or I would have starved. Haha.

My per diem allowed me to eat. That's about it. We were signed to a super small label, so we didn't make much, me especially. My this band was like family to me, so I was OK with it. I would just have to come home from tour and do shoots of dumb shit I hated to make some money Haha. It helped me live the minimalistic lifestyle I wanted, and allowed me to move a lot. Good thing I didn't collect records till about the last few years or I would have starved. Haha.

I can respect that, really. It's hard to find a gig that allows that lifestyle, and while it has it's ups and downs, at the end of the day, you do get to do what you love for the most part, with people you love, while taking on an adventure. Certainly nothing to shake a stick at.

Tour/Gig Story Wednesdays? Yes.

I got out of bed so I wouldn't keep multi posting.

Yes you will

Yes, sir.

Write a book. "Fuck Your Pizza: Stories from the Road by Dave Grohl"

Haha. Maybe I should.

I can respect that, really. It's hard to find a gig that allows that lifestyle, and while it has it's ups and downs, at the end of the day, you do get to do what you love for the most part, with people you love, while taking on an adventure. Certainly nothing to shake a stick at.

Tour/Gig Story Wednesdays? Yes.

Ups: seeing my friends destroy a stage every night, hearing good music, meeting new people, being on the road.

Downs: living off nothing, living in a van, eating fast food way too much, meeting new people, being on the road.

I wouldn't trade it for the world though. I loved it all, good and bad.

What about 'Tour Story Tuesday'? I think my next one will be home I was on tour in England, danced with NFG at a bar, and wandered around Nottingham drunk at 4am alone.

I got out of bed so I wouldn't keep multi posting.

Yes, sir.

Haha. Maybe I should.

Ups: seeing my friends destroy a stage every night, hearing good music, meeting new people, being on the road.

Downs: living off nothing, living in a van, eating fast food way too much, meeting new people, being on the road.

What about 'Tour Story Tuesday'? I think my next one will be home I was on tour in England, danced with NFG at a bar, and wandered around Nottingham drunk at 4am alone.

Pizza story was tops, and I look forward to more.

Done. We'll drink beer in spirit every Tuesday.

I'll throw in a story or two from my years of booking bands for concerts. It'll be a real pow-wow

Edit: From a seller on here (I can check more closely when I'm done cooking for the house)

I was about to buy a copy but I'd rather not buy from Topshelf considering their packaging methods.

I posted a WTB for the fuck of it.

I was about to buy a copy but I'd rather not buy from Topshelf considering their packaging methods.

Better idea than going through Topshelf I would say. I didn't have a problem the one time I ordered thankfully, but after reading the horror stories of how they package, I'd be on the fence.

I've been debating placing a Topshelf order for that record too... wonder if 2 records would be better in the packaging? Doubtful with how they ship.

I've been debating placing a Topshelf order for that record too... wonder if 2 records would be better in the packaging? Doubtful with how they ship.

I just got 3 records from Topshelf and they're all fine. I think 3 is the magic number for the mailers they use. Cop that Saddest Landscape bruh.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic