Crowd was pretty chatty during the show. Maybe 10 songs in, Andy Jackson was playing and you could hear the crowd chatting. The rest of the group were sitting on stage behind (they each took a turn playing a song all night). Chris grabbed one of the mics and yelled "Shut the fuck up, you're bumming me out" and then dropped his guitar down and left the stage. He came back a song or two later to sit back down with a shot. Matt played a new song (which was very good), with still talking in the crowd. Chris was up next and refused to play, clutching his guitar and then finally got up and gave a speech about respect, and how they are away from their families to do this.. while the crowd is just talking. Matt and Andy tried to calm him down which didn't really go well. Chris awkwardly did a song acapella while grabbing and wearing a table cloth as a cape. At that point, shit was just weird. Matt jumped back up to play a Get Up Kids song to try and get the crowd back (cutting in line in front of Dan and Andy, which just led to more visible confusion).. Chris was beating on his guitar (off-beat) and then left, then the rest of them all left confused. Dan came back, followed by Andy and Anthony and took about 3 rounds on their own, Anthony stating "the wheels have fallen off, no idea what is happening". Matt came back after 8 or so songs and joined in rotation with the other 3 guys. Chris never came back. Towards the end, someone from side of the stage called Matt over and was talking to him, while Dan was sitting next to them getting noticeably angry, I think the guy was telling them to wrap it up?

I also went to the show in Philly this past Friday night and left pretty early in. That show the crowd was WAY too loud. Hard to hear the music over the conversations all around me. Asbury Park wasn't nearly as bad, but I guess it all caught up to Chris (the mixture of alcohol didn't help either).

Edit: sorry for the long post

wow thats insane. i feel like the wheels fell off of that tour years ago tho.

Last time I saw Bane I fell asleep because it was the same set from the first time I saw Bane, 15 years earlier.

I love the shit out of Bane, and will be buying tickets for their last(?) Boston show the second they go up for sale...

And there's not a single inaccuracy in your post.

I love the shit out of Bane, and will be buying tickets for their last(?) Boston show the second they go up for sale...

And there's not a single inaccuracy in your post.

I was at the "Give Blood" record release and it ruled saw them a bunch before and after and they just don't do it for me, I dunno what it is.

It's sad, guess you just got to move more north, like Alaska. The wilderness would be amazing, I could live off the grid for sure

Or just move to any of the northern states. Saves you more money than wasting it on basic staples in Alaska, and you'll get all the snow you want. And continental shipping prices! (And moose!)

Or just move to any of the northern states. Saves you more money than wasting it on basic staples in Alaska, and you'll get all the snow you want. And continental shipping prices! (And moose!)

That is a good point. Montana, Wyoming, Oregon, Vermont, Massachusetts; any of those would be ideal for me.

I heckled Hawthorne Heights and one of them told me to shut the fuck up. TI (the rapper) got hit with a beach ball and he said he was gonna put a hit out on whoever bounced it towards him.

This was the same show. I was too hungover to drive the half hour to the New England Metalfest and ended up at that show at my buddy's college.

Forgot to mention. Some people were heckling Ozzy at the sabbath show a couple weeks ago and he threw a bucket of water on them and told them to fuck off. It was hilarious.

I wish they would do that at every show. From touring for almost ten years I can't tell you how many shitty people I've encountered at shows. So many disrespectful assholes out there. One time at a show the band I was touring with played at a venue that shared space with a youth group. The youth group had a service before the show which had pizza. They were nice enough to give us the leftovers, which we were stoked about. Me and the bass player didn't have time to eat so we saved a box at the merch table. After the show I went to the table to help out and eat our pizza finally. So we're sitting there eating and these "hardcore" kids come up to us. Keep in mind this is like 2007 when that dumb shit was at its apex. They ask us for the pizza, and we politely say no because we haven't gotten to eat much (band on tour, you don't really get fed well that often). Now to give you an idea the pizza box was at an angle hanging off the table by about 1/3 the way. So the dudes start getting a little hostile saying 'cmon, man, just give me some' and shit like that. We refuse politely again, to where this one dude says "fuck your pizza" and slaps the pizza box upwards. Our pizza goes flying. I see the red in my buddy's eyes. He really is an easy going guy, but if you disrespect him you're in for trouble. Now, back in, 2007 VA Beach had their lame hardcore scene where everyone traveled in packs and shit like a gang with shitty taste in music. My buddy says we should take it outside to where they respond with telling us how a van of their friends will show up. We were so pissed we didn't think twice. Me and him go outside and beat the living shit out of these 4 dudes in the parking lot. The looks on their faces were amazing. So much for back up. We just humiliated these 4 wanna be hardcore kids for bitch slapping our pizza.

But yeah, people at shows can be fucking ridiculous. I have so many stories, but "fuck your pizza" will always be my favorite.

I wish they would do that at every show. From touring for almost ten years I can't tell you how many shitty people I've encountered at shows. So many disrespectful assholes out there. One time at a show the band I was touring with played at a venue that shared space with a youth group. The youth group had a service before the show which had pizza. They were nice enough to give us the leftovers, which we were stoked about. Me and bass player didn't have time to eat so we saved a box at the merch table. After the show I went to the table to help out and eat our pizza finally. So we're sitting there eating and these "hardcore" kids come up to us. Keep in mind this is like 2007 when that dumb shit was at its apex. They ask us for the pizza, and we politely say no because we haven't gotten to eat much (band on tour, you don't really get fed well that often). Now to give you an idea the pizza box was at an angle hanging off the table by about 1/3 the way. So the dudes start getting a little hostile saying 'cmon, man, just give me some' and shitkke that. We refuse politely again, to where this one dude says fuck your pizza" and slaps the pizza box upwards. Our pizza goes flying. I see the red in my buddy's eyes. He really is an easy going guy, but if you disrespect him you're in for trouble. Now, back in, 2007 VA Beach had their lame hardcore scene where everyone traveled in packs and shit like a gang with shitty taste in music. My buddy says we should take it outside to where they respond with telling us how a van of their friends will show up. We were so pissed we didn't think twice. Me and him go outside and beat the living shit out of these 4 dudes in the parking lot. The looks on their faces were amazing. So much for back up. We just humiliated these 4 wanna be hardcore kids for bitch slapping our pizza.

But yeah, people at shows can be fucking ridiculous. I have so many stories, but "fuck your pizza" will always be my favorite.

I think I love you.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic