Also, cat talk:

No one should ever buy a cat from a breeder. Pick one up at your local shelter. Please.

100% agreed. 

My cat was a shelter cat. She was 2 already when we adopted her, and had spent most of her life there (thankfully the shelter near me is no-kill). Apparently she'd been adopted, then returned because she was too much to handle. She's a little shit, but I love her, and wouldn't want any other cat.

Fuck, in the last few hours my throat has started to kill really bad. I hope it's not strep. I have not had strep in like 20 years. Fucking job stress killing my immune system. It's probably just drainage though.

Three of my cats were strays kicked to the curb. I scooped those motherfuckers right up. 

Also, hi everyone.

and probably bye everyone.

It makes me sad people do that, but it's awesome you rescued them. I love cats.

I have 3 black familiars...

I mean cats

Rescued them all from kill shelters

3 of our 4 animals are shelter guys, and the one that isn't was a stray. I just...I get why people want purebred whatevers, but when I think about all the animals out there who need a good home, who can't get one because people want this or that designer pet it really rubs me the wrong way. It doesn't help that my wife works at The Oregon Humane Society here.

3 of our 4 animals are shelter guys, and the one that isn't was a stray. I just...I get why people want purebred whatevers, but when I think about all the animals out there who need a good home, who can't get one because people want this or that designer pet it really rubs me the wrong way. It doesn't help that my wife works at The Oregon Humane Society here.

Totally agree... and "breeding" is just evil... purposely selecting traits that are harmful to the cat because "it is cute" is a sin.

Totally agree... and "breeding" is just evil... purposely selecting traits that are harmful to the cat because "it is cute" is a sin.

Yesssss.

And I'm sorry to say, while a Scottish Fold may be super cute, many of them are blind and/or deaf due to inbreeding.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic