L you might be able to file an extension on your taxes to give you more time to figure it out.

the problem with that is that i'm out of a job in a few weeks and have no idea what my income will be. i have the cash now, but that was my like..."start a new better life" fund. and now just makes that whole thing a lot scarier and more risky with less funds to help. and moving and staring over was pretty terrifying to begin with, let alone trying to do it while pretty much broke :(

the problem with that is that i'm out of a job in a few weeks and have no idea what my income will be. i have the cash now, but that was my like..."start a new better life" fund. and now just makes that whole thing a lot scarier and more risky with less funds to help. and moving and staring over was pretty terrifying to begin with, let alone trying to do it while pretty much broke :(

Stay strong, it will all work out.

ok so need advice.... i was going through my collection last night trying to figure out some stuff to sell and throwing it up on discogs. was kinda high pricing a bunch of stuff because 1. i was just mainly trying to get a list together and 2. discogs takes fees out. i'd rather sell a $ 75 record for $75 on vc or elsewhere, but if some idiot wants to pay me $100 for the same record on discogs and basically overpay and cover my fees, fine. didnt really think anyone would jump on the prices i listed, but one chick did jump on a $220 record. she has zero feedback on discogs, so i asked if she had any credibility elsewhere. her response: 

I understand your view point. What type of credibility are you looking for? I am new to the Discogs community, I stumbled across the website during my search of this record; so I joined a few days ago in hopes that there was something out there. I understand that they are rare and appreciate your message. Just let me know if you want to proceed or if you have anything else to add..

thoughts?

ok so need advice.... i was going through my collection last night trying to figure out some stuff to sell and throwing it up on discogs. was kinda high pricing a bunch of stuff because 1. i was just mainly trying to get a list together and 2. discogs takes fees out. i'd rather sell a $ 75 record for $75 on vc or elsewhere, but if some idiot wants to pay me $100 for the same record on discogs and basically overpay and cover my fees, fine. didnt really think anyone would jump on the prices i listed, but one chick did jump on a $220 record. she has zero feedback on discogs, so i asked if she had any credibility elsewhere. her response: 

I understand your view point. What type of credibility are you looking for? I am new to the Discogs community, I stumbled across the website during my search of this record; so I joined a few days ago in hopes that there was something out there. I understand that they are rare and appreciate your message. Just let me know if you want to proceed or if you have anything else to add..

thoughts?

I'd probably just make them pay for faster shipping than Media Mail and take insurance out on the package.

I understand; an extension might help you plan or deal with this better. You could also set up a payment plan with the IRS.

Did you do your own taxes?

Well, the start of them being online was an ex tried to blackmail me by saying she would put them online if I didnt do something for her. I was already drunk when shs said this. So I took new ones, put them online and texted her the link because I don't negotiate with terrorists.

This is better than my story. Someone was like "Can I put these online?" and I was like "Kay"

thoughts?

The transaction is covered by PayPal so I would think it would be OK even though she has 0% feedback. I've done it before and have had no problems.

I understand; an extension might help you plan or deal with this better. You could also set up a payment plan with the IRS.

Did you do your own taxes?

true true. if i felt like i had a more solid financial future, would totally go that route. but sadly, this might be the best it is for a long while :( overhauling your whole life isn't easy and not super financially secure, unfortunately :(

and yeah.... i did them myself. but after a meltdown last night, my sister forced me to make an appointment with h&r tomorrow to see if they can help out any...

I'd probably just make them pay for faster shipping than Media Mail and take insurance out on the package.

The transaction is covered by PayPal so I would think it would be OK even though she has 0% feedback. I've done it before and have had no problems.

i'm usually super trusting of buyers and even shipped like $80 records to russia and australia before with no issues, but $220 is a bit of a different game...and my concern is that, from what i've heard (and forgive me if i'm being totally dumb. i don't sell to people i don't know very often) that paypal usually sides with buyers and not sellers and it's pretty easy to just buy a super pricey record, claim it never showed (or claim it showed up damaged or some other fuckery), and file a claim and then the seller is fucked. 

my collection is my baby....i love it so much...i never sell anything and kinda kills me to have to do it now. but life and all :( i just don't have too much experience in this and i also probably spent too much time reading the "worst sellers" thread to entertain me while super bored at work and now i've developed weird paranoia haha

i'm usually super trusting of buyers and even shipped like $80 records to russia and australia before with no issues, but $220 is a bit of a different game...and my concern is that, from what i've heard (and forgive me if i'm being totally dumb. i don't sell to people i don't know very often) that paypal usually sides with buyers and not sellers and it's pretty easy to just buy a super pricey record, claim it never showed (or claim it showed up damaged or some other fuckery), and file a claim and then the seller is fucked. 

my collection is my baby....i love it so much...i never sell anything and kinda kills me to have to do it now. but life and all :( i just don't have too much experience in this and i also probably spent too much time reading the "worst sellers" thread to entertain me while super bored at work and now i've developed weird paranoia haha

What's the record? That's why I was saying insurance. Then the carrier would be responsible for (alleged) damage and it's under $5

true true. if i felt like i had a more solid financial future, would totally go that route. but sadly, this might be the best it is for a long while :( overhauling your whole life isn't easy and not super financially secure, unfortunately :(

and yeah.... i did them myself. but after a meltdown last night, my sister forced me to make an appointment with h&r tomorrow to see if they can help out any...

Yeah, an accountant might benefit you greatly...

For example, I did my own taxes and then went to an accountant and my accountant found an additional $6,000 + dollars that year as I was missing tax breaks that I was eligible for...

What's the record? That's why I was saying insurance. Then the carrier would be responsible for (alleged) damage and it's under $5

FOB - TTYTG. she wants to pay $220 for it... just makes me nervous. she seems a little young and seems to genuinely want it so so bad, but i know paypal tends to favor buyers and not sellers and just really can't afford to get screwed right now.

My fucking laptop won't charge and I'm so confused.

Power it off, take the battery out and leave it out for a bit. Then plug it back up and try to charge it.

Sorry you have to sell records Lauren. I saw that Anniversary pop up on the discogs list and saw it was you. I want it.

FOB - TTYTG. she wants to pay $220 for it... just makes me nervous. she seems a little young and seems to genuinely want it so so bad, but i know paypal tends to favor buyers and not sellers and just really can't afford to get screwed right now.

okay. so just to confirm....y'all are saying i'm just being paranoid and i should sell to this chick?

That's a ton for that record. If you can get that I'd say go for it but be sure to take out insurance on the package

Power it off, take the battery out and leave it out for a bit. Then plug it back up and try to charge it.

Sorry you have to sell records Lauren. I saw that Anniversary pop up on the discogs list and saw it was you. I want it.

Battery is internal. I left it plugged in for a while and now it was working. Seems to just be kinda random. I did online chat with tech support in first period and they sent me another charger free. I am going to test mine with a multimeter when I get home. If it isn't the charger I can get the laptop fixed free since it's still under warranty.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic