I fell back asleep and just woke up. Weird. That rarely happens.

I slept right through my alarm this morning, or turned it off without knowing and was woken up 2 hours afterward by my mother checking to see if I was ok since she knows I'm up early as hell making coffee usually. 

I slept right through my alarm this morning, or turned it off without knowing and was woken up 2 hours afterward by my mother checking to see if I was ok since she knows I'm up early as hell making coffee usually.

I woke up at 8, went back to bed, woke up at 11, went back to bed, and now it's 2. So odd.

Been trying to leave early all day because I'm really fucking sick. They finally said I could leave when the 3 o'clock person came in.

So of course he just called and said he's running a half hour late

Being late, or someone being late has to be my LARGEST pet peeve on the entire face of the earth. That comes from working in Pizza with slack asses for so many years showing up whenever the fuck they felt like it or not at all. I'd make sure to leave the fucker some work to catch up on for sure!

So I found a deal on a Pioneer SX780 at a local shop that was supposedly serviced/fully working. TL;DR after a lot of fucking with it I determined one of the power channels was bad and needed to be replaced. I took it back to be serviced by them (free since they sold me something broken) and they said they might not be able to fix it and they just want to give me my money back (even though it's really fucking simple). What's a decent amp under $300 because it sounds like I'm SOL.

So I found a deal on a Pioneer SX780 at a local shop that was supposedly serviced/fully working. TL;DR after a lot of fucking with it I determined one of the power channels was bad and needed to be replaced. I took it back to be serviced by them (free since they sold me something broken) and they said they might not be able to fix it and they just want to give me my money back (even though it's really fucking simple). What's a decent amp under $300 because it sounds like I'm SOL.

Why don't you go new since you're not having luck with old refurbished units. Get a simplified receiver with no bells and whistles so it focuses on sound. Pretty much everything under $300 will power your Polks just fine. Look at open boxes and save a bit while you're at it. Shit, I actually have a basic amp you can buy from me if you want, for cheap.

Sherwood RX-4109, built in phono, 200w. Simple and gets the job done.

x4WhqEY.jpg

What is it?

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Music-From-The-Motion-Picture-Untitled-Almost-Famous-Soundtrack/release/2419144

Granted, it is something of a rarity, and does come with some cool shit included, but $600+? Really? The fuck ever...

"Limited edition release with over 500 pieces of collectable memorabilia from the film set itself randomly distributed in the packaging. Cameron Crowe personally autographed 25 LPs that will be distributed at random."

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic