I'm considering chopping a ton of mine off. It's about 8" right now and it's getting to the point where it's in the way whenever I put on a seatbelt -- or when reaching in my pocket for a pen, I'll snag some beard hairs. It's covering up my name tag at work too. The other day a woman parted my beard like she was opening a curtain to see my name.

Hahaha! :P

Yup! dude on here sent them for me for $25 ppd and the offer to buy him and Bob a beer when they tour out to Portland with their band :)

Ah, nice! That's awesome. Was it mfrank? The guitarist from Lifted Bells?

I forgot how awesome In Formal Introduction is. Off to Discogs I go.

Until very recently I never even knew Bob was in any other bands besides Braid. I always dug Hey Mercedes, but I actually had no idea he was in the band. I don't keep up with who is in what band or whatever.

You like TMG? Last person I'd expect to find out enjoyed 'em! I'm interested in it though, sorry ;/

I literally want a No Children tattoo and have for years.

They played here last week and I didn't know until tickets were sold out. I wanted to tweet at John like "the fuck do I even follow you for if I don't know you're gonna be in town until it's too late"

I think HM was my first introduction to him. Not a big Braid fan, but HM and The City on Film are awesome. It's awesome the HM stuff is getting repressed soon. I regret selling them. I sell and regret too may records, I should stop selling stuff.

I literally want a No Children tattoo and have for years.

They played here last week and I didn't know until tickets were sold out. I wanted to tweet at John like "the fuck do I even follow you for if I don't know you're gonna be in town until it's too late"

I wanna go but they/he won't be in PGH...that's now 3 bands I wanna see who aren't coming here, with Sigur Ros and Swans -_-

I think HM was my first introduction to him. Not a big Braid fan, but HM and The City on Film are awesome. It's awesome the HM stuff is getting repressed soon. I regret selling them. I sell and regret too may records, I should stop selling stuff.

Yeah, I'm amped about the HM represses. I'll grab them for sure! I'm with Rambo's opinion of HM>CoF>Braid.

I was always surprised how many great shows came to Rochester.

As an Eastern NYer I'm perplexed by this.

I've lived in two major eastern upstate ny cities and every (rare) good show has been in the city I'm not currently in at the time. When I lived there Napalm Death played here. I move back here and Napalm Death plays there.

Really any time a tour is announced before I look at the dates I'm like "Let me guess, 3-4 dates that are 3-5 hours from here..." and I'm always right.

As an Eastern NYer I'm perplexed by this.

I've lived in two major eastern upstate ny cities and every (rare) good show has been in the city I'm not currently in at the time. When I lived there Napalm Death played here. I move back here and Napalm Death plays there.

Really any time a tour is announced before I look at the dates I'm like "Let me guess, 3-4 dates that are 3-5 hours from here..." and I'm always right.

I have to say, my buddy did booking for one of the best venues in Rochester and he actively sought stuff out really hard. I did booking for a smaller place that got really unknown, but good bands. I think it really was an effort on the part of the folks booking bands to get them into Rochester. I saw so many great bands right before they blew up at The Bug Jar.

Yeah, I'm amped about the HM represses. I'll grab them for sure! I'm with Rambo's opinion of HM>CoF>Braid.

I can dig that option too.

A lot of shows come to Cleveland, but Cleveland sucks. 

Until very recently I never even knew Bob was in any other bands besides Braid. I always dug Hey Mercedes, but I actually had no idea he was in the band. I don't keep up with who is in what band or whatever.

I want in on these beers! I really dig La Vella. Spun it the other day actually. I know it's a 7" but it's one of my favs..the Owen/COF split is pretty bomb.

I want in on these beers! I really dig La Vella. Spun it the other day actually. I know it's a 7" but it's one of my favs..the Owen/COF split is pretty bomb.

Uh...duh, of course you'll come! mfrank said they're trying to book shows right now and Portland is a good option. Keep an eye out! I'll let you know if he says they're coming this way.)

Stoked for Nothing coming up btw. What is it, June? bluhhhh.

A certain sitcom in the 90s led me to believe that Cleveland rocks...

Sure, if you like crippling economic depression and shitty sports teams.

And Drew Carey was an alright show for a bit.

Every band plays Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo because they're college towns and I want to fight them.

I really liked seeing shows in GR, despite the consistently awful crowds, as they typically felt pretty intimate and the few people who genuinely liked the bands they were seeing were sweethearts. Kalamazoo, on the other hand....no.

That being said, at least you have venues down there! I have to leave the state and hit Milwaukee (if I'm lucky) for a decent show now : (

Uh...duh, of course you'll come! mfrank said they're trying to book shows right now and Portland is a good option. Keep an eye out! I'll let you know if he says they're coming this way.)

Stoked for Nothing coming up btw. What is it, June? bluhhhh.

End of June for me. They're playing three shows in Texas. One is in Austin and two are in Dallas / nearby Dallas. I'm trying to go to three, if not at least two. Sad it won't be a PDX show with you guys though. </3

This album is blowing me away. It is so fucking good. The pronounced vocals, the drums, the grunge influence, the decay, the distortion, the production; it's a fucking beast start to finish. One listen through and I was hooked. I've listened to it about 10 times in a row. I'm in love. The guitar riff in the bridge of 'The Dead Are Dumb', fuck, man. So damn good. THis whole album is gold.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic