Output is the same. This guy is ten years old, so old enough to where I know everything works great, and not too old where you are going to have to repair anything. I like it, and I'm a fan of Marantz, too. The sound is there, and in line with the lower end Marantz units, but for a fraction of the price. Marantz units are over priced these days because of the name. You're paying for the name. Same with those Pioneers. Ever since the vinyl rebirth, all the vintage is way over priced. A couple years ago you could get that Pioneer for less than $100.

Shipping would probably be around $25. Up to you, dude. $75 for something you know that works verse ~$300 for something you might need to work on. That's why I always stay away from vintage cause you just never know what you;re going to find and end up fixing. It's up to you. No worries if you don't. Just throwing it out there, cause it's a good unit and it'll save you some cash. You can always sell it down the road when you want to upgrade.

I'll wait to hear back from the shop with a definite answer but I'll keep it in mind for sure. I appreciate it either way. I'm going out to get the tracking from the car now for your record, I kept forgetting about that...

I'll wait to hear back from the shop with a definite answer but I'll keep it in mind for sure. I appreciate it either way. I'm going out to get the tracking from the car now for your record, I kept forgetting about that...

Sounds good, bud. It's not going anywhere so no rush. And awesome.

Last thing you need is to burn yourself out then. Are the two you have both part-time or are you doing a full shift and a night one?

Labor laws for minors prevent me from working too long at once so I do six hour shifts that usually end up being 7 hour shifts cuz I have to stay until everything in the restaurant is clean.

Pulp Fiction is the best "sick on the couch" movie. I've seen it a million times, so it's familiar, and it's really long. You can start paying full attention at any point and watch a great scene. Its structure helps with that too.

Probably gonna watch Wayne's World next, that's been one of my go to sick movies forever.

I'm ready for another nap. It does not feel like I've woken up since my last one. Need to wake up, so I can finally watch Star Wars.

Edit: I finally listened to the new Nothing with headphones. So much shit I missed with speakers, so many little layers and shit. So good. 

Was very close to going on a murderous rampage at Home Depot a little bit ago. fuck.

I almost lost my shit trying to find someone to help me cut a piece of wood I was buying (they do it free on a machine if you buy it there). Took like 30min to find someone working the department. I was getting wood for my 7" bin.

Speaking of which, New kid started at work today and my coworker and I were talking about the BTBAM show. New kid is super I to hardcore and he just kept naming bands and I'd be like "Yup, saw them. Yup, them too. Saw those dudes like 10 times. Oh I saw them with Converge" and blew his mind.

Being in your 30's and still into hardcore & punk is great for those kinda moments. Because all the bands that kids go bugfuck for in 2016 were playing VFW shows in 2002.

Also, new Deftones is super good, and the whole gatefold artwork is really pretty, and now I don't even hate the cover with the fucking flamingos because it's 2016 and I'm listening to a new Deftones record.

By the by, does anyone happen to have an upload of that? The records didn't come with download codes.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic